Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the colts be a dynasty

Restinpeacesweetchloe

I'm not being facetious at all.  I have thought from the beginning that is Ballard and Irsay's plan.  The proof is in the pudding in that everything he does is for the long haul and not immediate gratification.  Now, that doesn't mean it happens, but at the least I think we make big time noise the next 8 years.

• Like 2

Albert Breer tweeted something to the same effect. It's becoming a talking point for the media, which is the kiss of death as far as I can tell..

I'd say if this era of the Colts cashes one in, that's probably a lofty enough goal and should be satisfying, given how the Luck era has started. Dynasties don't just happen. IF it did though, that'd be pretty cool, huh?

Edit, one more point, let's start with owning the South again, before dynasty talk starts.

• Like 6

Eight years is a very long time in the NFL. For the Colts to be a dynasty (NE being the only recent team that has really accomplished that)...we would have to assume Reich is on BB's level...and that Luck can be an elite QB into his late 30s.

Plenty of teams have had great drafts and built a nucleus of young talent. But translating that in to Super Bowl wins/appearances is a different story. 

It's just very hard to do. Not that the Colts can't do it. But let's revisit this next January to see where the Colts are at that point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Was just listening to The Herd. He said he was talking to a GM and the GM said you better beat the colts now because your not going to beat them the next 8 years. He mentioned they have 100 million in cap space.

gotta win the big dance a time or two. Way way too early to say

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm nervous about the new CBA -- if we even get one -- but I think Ballard and Reich are going to make a fantastic duo, and they already have an upper echelon QB. This team is gonna be dangerous.

Oh, yeah, that should be in the back of everyone's mind. I think the players are going to make a bigger stink this time and there's going to be a holdout for X amount of time- and that does coincide with a reasonable timeline for the Colts to have put the pieces together.

This year it is! Beat the Texans, exact revenge in New England, survive the last two games... And voila.

• Like 1

Hard to believe that 9 months ago most "experts" thought the Colts were one of the worst rosters in the NFL. Although I will say, Colin Cowherd has been on the Colts bandwagon all year long even after the slow start to the season.

I think we have potential for something great here but we are a long way from a dynasty. Like another poster said "let's get back to owning the AFC South" and build on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think even one or two with great regular season records would put us in that category. 

Nah, I think the term has been watered down way too much. To me, a dynasty dominates the league for around a decade or more, wins several championships, and is almost always one of the teams that a new champion has to beat.

One or two rings with really great records is a good run. Three or four rings in a decade, and multiple championship game appearances, that's a dynasty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

It's just very hard to do. Not that the Colts can't do it. But let's revisit this next January to see where the Colts are at that point.

Revisit it next January? We're in the playoffs and the AFC is wide open....we can make a move NOW.

• Like 2

About 11 months ago, the Eagles were the next dynasty. 

About four years ago, the Seahawks were the next dynasty.

The Panthers and Falcons were expected to become the next dynasty even without winning a SB. 

When a dynasty shows up, you don't really have to question whether they're a dynasty or not. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

About 11 months ago, the Eagles were the next dynasty. 

About four years ago, the Seahawks were the next dynasty.

The Panthers and Falcons were expected to become the next dynasty even without winning a SB. 

When a dynasty shows up, you don't really have to question whether they're a dynasty or not. 

"When a dynasty shows up, you don't really have to question whether they're a dynasty or not"...……… Well said Superman !

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Was just listening to The Herd. He said he was talking to a GM and the GM said you better beat the colts now because your not going to beat them the next 8 years. He mentioned they have 100 million in cap space.

Which will be great to resign our own stars we're coaching up

We are in a very good position with our cap space and how much this young nucleus has developed this year. The good thing is if we have playoff success this season, I believe this franchise has learned from the mistakes of the Griggson era.  We have a GM who will continue to build properly and not focus on quick fixes. It will be very interesting to see what Ballard does this offseason with all that cap money and our extra 2nd round pick from the Jets.  I imagine that he will continue to fortify the trenches on both sides of the ball while looking to augment our receiving corps. 

6 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We are in a very good position with our cap space and how much this young nucleus has developed this year. The good thing is if we have playoff success this season, I believe this franchise has learned from the mistakes of the Griggson era.  We have a GM who will continue to build properly and not focus on quick fixes. It will be very interesting to see what Ballard does this offseason with all that cap money and our extra 2nd round pick from the Jets.  I imagine that he will continue to fortify the trenches on both sides of the ball while looking to augment our receiving corps. 

I think this is the winning formula. 

• Like 2

It would be nice to just be in contention on a yearly basis without starting over from scratch as a rebuild. That is what I am hoping for. I know Irsay , want's championships but if you cant win your division, and make the playoffs Then you have zero chance. I guess what I'm saying is I want to be competitive every year we can, and then see what we can do. I am not looking for a one year wonder. I want us to be a factor  every year.  

• Like 1