Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the colts be a dynasty

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Ballard, Reich, Flus and Luck are progressing at breakneck speed.  These appear to be 4 very impressive people in their own right who are leading our franchise. They are also bringing in some impressive playmaker/leaders like Q and Maniac and others .  This clubhouse is being called special by Colts media who see it up close. It sure seems like the beginning of a dynasty. 

• Like 1

Also depends on your interpretation of a dynasty.  Many people think the Manning era was a dynasty.  I am one that thinks that championships equal a dynasty not just domination in the regular season.  I have a close fried that at the time was a Giants fan.  I used to grumble when we would have all those great starts, 12-0, 13-0 etc. then get knocked out in the playoffs.  He said I was spoiled, he said "at least you guys were winning lots of games."  I honestly would rather have a mediocre team preform as expected, or a week team over achieve, then have a dominate team not live up to expectations.  In my eyes winning 15 games and getting knocked out early is just the same as going 8-8 and getting knocked out early.  Rings are what matter.

• Like 1

Long long way to go to say that. Injuries, players flaming out, potential draft busts are a few things that could derail that.

I do think we'll have a period of sustained excellence though as long as they stay focused on keeping the oline a priority and not fall victim to 'it's solved let's fix other things'. Keeping Luck healthy will keep us a 10+ win team and playoff bound every year. Once you get in you've got a shot at a SB, that's all you can ask from an organization. It's another matter if the team just gets beat by a better team, can't blame that on anyone.

5 minutes ago, midwest said:

I honestly would rather have a mediocre team preform as expected, or a week team over achieve, then have a dominate team not live up to expectations.  In my eyes winning 15 games and getting knocked out early is just the same as going 8-8 and getting knocked out early.

I do not concur.  That is some sadsack hindsight.

I was disappointed in the playoff losses, but I thoroughly enjoyed each and every regular season win.

And I'm guessing like 30 other fanbases would have gladly taken Manning and 12+ wins every season for a decade.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018 at 1:24 PM, The Fish said:

Oh, yeah, that should be in the back of everyone's mind. I think the players are going to make a bigger stink this time and there's going to be a holdout for X amount of time- and that does coincide with a reasonable timeline for the Colts to have put the pieces together.

This year it is! Beat the Texans, exact revenge in New England, survive the last two games... And voila.

If we beat texans chiefs will be our next foe

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 12:04 PM, richard pallo said:

The GM mentioned cap space.  I wonder how much we will have left after this upcoming FA. 

Plenty....     there aren’t enough great players in free agency for Ballard to unlock the vault for.    

There might be one or two pricey players to buy, but I’m betting he’ll be mostly selective again....

On 12/31/2018 at 12:59 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Was just listening to The Herd. He said he was talking to a GM and the GM said you better beat the colts now because your not going to beat them the next 8 years. He mentioned they have 100 million in cap space.

Cowherd has always been a blowhard. 

That said, i would play the odds and say no.  "dynasty's" are rare.  the Colts have yet to win a playoff game.   Isn't the start to a dynasty a Superbowl run (or at least a deep playoff run)?  It is way to early to think they could be a dynasty.

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I do not concur.  That is some sadsack hindsight.

I was disappointed in the playoff losses, but I thoroughly enjoyed each and every regular season win.

And I'm guessing like 30 other fanbases would have gladly taken Manning and 12+ wins every season for a decade.

I agree. 

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cowherd has always been a blowhard. 

That said, i would play the odds and say no.  "dynasty's" are rare.  the Colts have yet to win a playoff game.   Isn't the start to a dynasty a Superbowl run (or at least a deep playoff run)?  It is way to early to think they could be a dynasty.

I actually have been enjoying him.

No one was saying they will be a dynasty.  It was being asked if we could be or are we are on track to be one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually have been enjoying him.

No one was saying they will be a dynasty.  It was being asked if we could be or are we are on track to be one.

He had been more tolerable than usual, but i think we think that because he has been such pro Luck.

He's still a shock jock putz.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

He had been more tolerable than usual, but i think we think that because he has been such pro Luck.

He's still a shock jock putz.

His analysis of the nfl the last few weeks has been spot on. I don’t see much shock jock with him. He did get kind of silly with the patriots after a win over the jets. But his analysis has been spot on. 

On 1/1/2019 at 7:21 PM, DerekDiggler said:

I think everyone should check the teams we play next yr.  the schedule gets a lot more difficult next yr 

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-2019-home-away-opponents-finalized

I remember when we got the Rams in 2017 and I thought it was an immediate W. Or this year a lot of us thought the Philly game would be an automatic L. We ended up losing that game, but we should have really won that. The first look at the schedule looks tough, but let's see come September.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:16 AM, Chloe6124 said:

I dont think we have to win four or five Sb to be considered a dynasty. I think even one or two with great regular season records would put us in that category. 

I'm sorry,  but no one is called a dynesty with only one or two Super Bowl wins....    No one.

Pittsburgh won two in the last 12 years or so and no one called the Steelers a dynasty...

Green Bay won one...      And no.

Denver went to two SB's and won one...     And no.

Seattle went to two and won one....    And no.

Baltimore won one....     And no.

New Orleans won one...  (ouch) and no.

Rams went to two and won one....    and no.

You get the idea....

You've got to dominate.     Like Dallas in the 90's...    they went to three in 4 years and won them all,  and the one year they didn't reach the SB, they lost a close game to SF in the NFL title game.

You get the idea.....      Three Super Bowl wins in a short window is the minimum standard for anything close to a dynasty.    Plenty of teams have had a "near dynasty"...    but that only points out just how hard an actual real dynasty is to achieve...