Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blue on Blue Uniforms

CamMo

I'm dead set on the base uni scheme, but I do like to see the alternates once in a while, also.

I also like the throw back helmets they brought back a few years ago (blue with double horseshoes in the back), and I'd like to see the blue pants with white jerseys once in a while.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, CamMo said:

Looks like they are bringing back the all blue uniforms for the home game versus Miami.

I know we have a lot of uniform purists here, but I love this look.

I think most "purists" as you say (me included) are nainly protective of the Road Whites.  i know i am.  I am not really as attached to the blue jersey combos.  

I would be ok with all blue at home and kerp Road whites.  I think they are the most beautiful combo on the field.  Simple yes, but classic and it keeps my connections from the Baltimore days and all those exciting AFC east games in the snow.  Baltimore, new york, new england.... it seemed it snowed every week.

• Like 3

This is one thing I have noticed that is a big difference from soccer kits over here. Almost every NFL kit is a plain as plain can be with no sponsor, whereas team here can have upto 4 different kits each year and they normally change them every season, sometimes every 2 years at most.

What do you think is the reason for the plainness of the kits and the lack of team (kit) sponsorship as just about everything else sponsored by someone or other e.g. official bread, ketchup etc.

9 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

While we're at it, take the all white uniforms, stick them in a trash can, douse them with oil, and burn them all.

Easily the worst uniform in the entire NFL.

tenor.gif?itemid=7566096

tenor.gif?itemid=5043510

giphy.gif

200.gif

tenor.gif

The all white unis are the BEST!

Plus, have you seen some of these other throwbacks?!?

BBmxXm9.img?h=1080&w=1920&m=6&q=60&o=f&l (bzzzzzzz!!!)

12-bears-throwbacks.jpg (American Gladiator rejects)

ap_titans_jaguars_football_77680362.jpg? (can't tell if urine or vomit)

broncos-throwback.jpg (if the shirt was red, we'd have a classic sailors' joke)

You can't tell me any of these are better than the all whites.  :no:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Excellent. 

While we're at it, take the all white uniforms, stick them in a trash can, douse them with oil, and burn them all.

Easily the worst uniform in the entire NFL.

I could live with the whites if the color rush became permanent.....nice contrast between the two.

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I take it you hate the all whites too?

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I could live with the whites if the color rush became permanent.....nice contrast between the two.

The all-whites are a blank canvas on which the art of the game is painted.  Grass, mud, blood, sweat, tears...

Ketchup & Mustard...

EnragedFrayedGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

I can handle these for one game a year...never was or will be a fan of jersey and pants being the same color, other than white.  It's color overkill, especially if they did a blue helmet with these.

I prefer the contrast of light color pants with dark jersey or vice versa.

I miss the shoulder/armpit striping we had years ago, that eventually just went to two short stripes on the shoulder.  I realize this was probably mainly due to the change in design of jerseys and going to a tighter fit to cut down on jersey pulling tackles.

Anyway, one game a year is fine for these.  I'd be fine with the white jersey with blue pants option on occasion, too.

And, speaking of uniforms...congrats to the Titans on their change...new unis are much better and I really like the dark helmets.

1 hour ago, kcccolts said:

This is one thing I have noticed that is a big difference from soccer kits over here. Almost every NFL kit is a plain as plain can be with no sponsor, whereas team here can have upto 4 different kits each year and they normally change them every season, sometimes every 2 years at most.

What do you think is the reason for the plainness of the kits and the lack of team (kit) sponsorship as just about everything else sponsored by someone or other e.g. official bread, ketchup etc.

More reasons why football is better than soccer.

• Like 1

I don't like the double white stripes on the jersey or the pants.  The two stripes should join together somewhere or be replaced with something else, IMO.

On another thought, I've noticed college programs are going to much more vibrant and intense colors than in the past.  Not sure why folks think those are more attractive now than the traditional colors.

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

I HATE those "color rush" unis with a passion. It is never a good look for full-grown men to be wearing "onesies". 

Unless you are shopping at Walmart after 1 am.

i especially like the over-sized , single-color sweat pant and top combo.  "Skid marks" on the seat are optional.

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

OK - this honestly caught me off guard - specifically use of the word dope in this context.

"Dope", "Fire", "Rad", "Bad", it changes every few years.... I think it's a certain age group that always seems to subconsciously do this as an attempt to differentiate from the previous one...

• 6 months later...

I love the color rush look for the Colts.  It takes me back to when I was three years old when my reason for liking the team was as simple as my hometown team wears blue, which is my favorite color.  I'll admit to being skeptical about the look before I saw it in action, but now I wouldn't be mad if they wore the all blues for 2-4 home games a year.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 8:07 PM, buccolts said:

I'm dead set on the base uni scheme, but I do like to see the alternates once in a while, also.

I also like the throw back helmets they brought back a few years ago (blue with double horseshoes in the back), and I'd like to see the blue pants with white jerseys once in a while.

I love those helmets as well, and unfortunately, I can't remember where, but I read not long ago on some alternate uniform topic somewhere, that for whatever reason, those helmets will never be worn again....  Anyone else hear that or know where I came across the info?

On 11/16/2018 at 8:37 AM, kcccolts said:

As an American soccer fan I've sort of wondered this myself.  I guess it's not in our culture to have a uniform sponsor.   I will note that other American sports like baseball and basketball it's not typical to have a uniform sponsor either.  

One thought could be with football and basketball is that the officiating requires the number to be quite prominent on the uniform. (Likely due to the congestion of players in small area in both sports)  Perhaps the requirement of having a large number on the uniform (on both the front and back) eliminates much room for a sponsor who would likely want their company or logo to be the most prominent thing on the uniform.   

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I love those helmets as well, and unfortunately, I can't remember where, but I read not long ago on some alternate uniform topic somewhere, that for whatever reason, those helmets will never be worn again....  Anyone else hear that or know where I came across the info?

Not sure if there was ever an official 'retirement' of those blue helmets but the last time I remember the Colts wearing them in a regular season game, this happened -  ( :Cry:)

Have they worn them in a pre-season game since?  Or a regular game?

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, CamMo said:

Looks like they are bringing back the all blue uniforms for the home game versus Miami.

I know we have a lot of uniform purists here, but I love this look.

I was bored this weekend (MLB is worse than paint drying and the only Raptor I can name is Drake).  So I re-watched that Miami game.

The one thing that stands out to me when I watch the game from later in the season is that a lot of those guys starting may be backups this season.  I think the team is going to be stronger at every position, save DT.

We'll need to be better, the schedule is brutal.

• Like 1