Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans predictions

Stephen

Predictions usually get easier for me as the season goes on but this one's hard for me. I don't see the defense consistently playing as great as they have the past two weeks, but if they do we've got a good chance.

Our offense has gotta show up for me to start getting some real confidence in this team to win week in and week out though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

It shows us in 4th right now.   San Fran in 5th.   I think we end up between 12-18.

Arizona, Houston and Oakland are all 0-3 and will probably want to lose more if they don't win this weekend.  

Yea the Steelers won and put us from 5th to 4th. Better for us I guess...

• Like 1

Hopefully we get AC Doyle and Mack back this Sunday. IMO the inability to run the ball has been the biggest problem with the O. I knew not having Turbin would be a problem. That and injuries to key guys have really hurt this side of the ball.  It's tough without your top OL TE and RB. 

The Texans will test the D. I hope Sunday was a step forward for Turay. When he gets it figured out he's going to be a handful. Watson has had back to back 300+ yard games and they have a lot of speed outside.

I don't see anyway we get caught looking at NE. This is a division game we will be ready to go. I think the Colts get the W in a high scoring game.  31-27 

I have swung and missed a couple weeks in a row, but im not afraid to keep trying. Division game, at home. Missing key players is a challenge. Reich reads this forum and gets creative with red zone playcalling and uses Hewitt to help the edges and moves the pocket a bit. Lucks go to guys will be Grant and Hines. We rattle Watson into a couple turnovers and D leaves zero doubt to the league. Both teams need a W, but we want it more. Colts 26-20.

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Havent seen watson play this year. Is he really way worse than last year or just rusty

He's thrown for 300 yards 2 TD's and 1 INT's a game.  Not the pace he was going last year but not horrible by any means.  His line hasn't been all that great.  Hopefully he doesn't have a break out game against the Colts. 

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Hey, that'd be a pretty bad move. Not shocked that it rolled off your fingers (again..).

Has anyone (everyone?) noticed that this guys avatar is a troll? 

The avatar is from the movie Groove Tube - check it out - It's really you.  LOL

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

Hopefully we get AC Doyle and Mack back this Sunday. IMO the inability to run the ball has been the biggest problem with the O. I knew not having Turbin would be a problem. That and injuries to key guys have really hurt this side of the ball.  It's tough without your top OL TE and RB. 

The Texans will test the D. I hope Sunday was a step forward for Turay. When he gets it figured out he's going to be a handful. Watson has had back to back 300+ yard games and they have a lot of speed outside.

I don't see anyway we get caught looking at NE. This is a division game we will be ready to go. I think the Colts get the W in a high scoring game.  31-27 

What does not having Turbin have to do with the problems of the running game?

You were expecting him to start and be a 1,000 yard rusher?

Turbin is a situational short yardage running back.     

Not sure what you were expecting?

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly don't even see this game being close. Watson has looked Bad and our Defense is playing Good. We are also at home. Luck will have a big day IMO as well.

I love Luck, but I wouldn't say Luck is looking great himself.  The first game he looked crisp, but the last two games looked like a regression.  The Texans D will be tough IMO.  Here's to hoping I'm wrong and Luck scores 3+ TDs!!

11 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Go to the Texans board.....and I thought Colt fans were negative.....sheesh. 

They are 0-3 is why. We could easily be 3-0, why anyone would be negative in here is puzzling. Other than having trouble in the Red Zone I think everything else has looked fine. Our Defense is even much better than anyone expected. Nobody would even be talking about Luck struggling had we scored on the final drive the other day. Because we lost, people are dissecting him like crazy. Now if we lose on Sunday we have problems but I think we will win.

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I love Luck, but I wouldn't say Luck is looking great himself.  The first game he looked crisp, but the last two games looked like a regression.  The Texans D will be tough IMO.  Here's to hoping I'm wrong and Luck scores 3+ TDs!!

This game will be indoors, week 2 and 3 were outdoors. Makes a big difference. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Go to the Texans board.....and I thought Colt fans were negative.....sheesh. 

The difference is, they actually suck.  We're in this weird phase where we got pumped up with a new QB and a bad GM/HC, and the transition wasn't 15 more years of dominance out of the gate.  They have a reason to be negative, we've just got a small group of loud mouths with an inferiority complex.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The difference is, they actually suck.  We're in this weird phase where we got pumped up with a new QB and a bad GM/HC, and the transition wasn't 15 more years of dominance out of the gate.  They have a reason to be negative, we've just got a small group of loud mouths with an inferiority complex.

We actually don't suck and alot of people thought we would. More than likely we will beat Houston and get to 2-2. If that happens we will be in good shape considering Houston will fall to 0-4 and the Jags already have a Division loss. After we play the Pats our schedule gets much easier, that is when we possibly very well could make some noise. The schedule makers didn't do us any favors by putting us at Philly and then at New England in the 1st 5 games. 2 teams that get all the calls at home as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We actually don't suck and alot of people thought we would. More than likely we will beat Houston and get to 2-2. If that happens we will be in good shape considering Houston will fall to 0-4 and the Jags already have a Division loss. After we play the Pats our schedule gets much easier, that is when we possibly very well could make some noise. The schedule makers didn't do us any favors by putting us at Philly and then at New England in the 1st 5 games. 2 teams that get all the calls at home as well.

Oh I don't think we suck.  I mean, we'll probably struggle our way to a playoff birth, but there's no reason to think we shouldn't be at or near a .500 team.  We catch a few more breaks, we'll be in the playoff.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 11:55 AM, DraftMaster said:

Early prediction: 17-20 Colts win

1.Houston is hungry to eat a dub right now

2. Our D is legit 

3. Watson will be running 4 his life

4.Bend but don't break

5. Luck may still struggle but he'll be better @ home

6.currently a 2.5 point favorite

7. A must win game once again, if we lose pull out those 2019 mock drafts. Ed Oliver anyone?

8. Speaking of the draft, we currently hold the 5th pick overall... http://www.tankathon.com/nfl 

9.We should be able to carve up the Texans secondary but the question will be can Luck throw deep due to the oline vs dline matchup in this game  + his arm strength.

10. More questions than answers in this game but time will tell if we'll be 2-2 and looking right or 1-3 and looking forward to the future.

Ed Oliver wouldn't even make it to 5. I think he would go top pick or 2nd pick...... I also think this is where they use a pick again for another offensive lineman in the first round for someone like OT Greg Little or go defensive back and get CB Greedy Williams....... and how did the colts get two second rounders? was that part of the trade with the Jets?

I checked out the Texans message boards, and many Houston fans are counting the game as already lost. They have no confidence in the play calling or in the defense. I don't know whether that is good or bad for the Colts. Indy swept Houston last year, but Watson and Watt were out. 

I think the game could be close, but have feeling that the Colts can pull this one out. Just have to eliminate penalties. 

I'm afraid to pick the Colts right now because it seems like when I do they usually disappoint me.  So with that said...

I'll predict that the Texans desperate for a win will pull off the mild upset in Indy.

20-18 Texans.  (Colts kick six field goals. Luck throws for a buck fifty.) 

And this will be me afterwards. :wall:

On 9/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, NewColtsFan said:

What does not having Turbin have to do with the problems of the running game?

You were expecting him to start and be a 1,000 yard rusher?

Turbin is a situational short yardage running back.     

Not sure what you were expecting?

I was not expecting him to be 1,000 yard rusher but I think he would have started in Mack's place. I think given the opportunity Turbin will show he can do more then handle short yardage duty. He may prove to be the best all around back on the team. He is by far and away the best blocking back on the roster. When your starting T's are injured and you have rookies in the backfield in pass pro that changes things. His absence has been felt beyond short yardage situations IMO. 

There are two short yardage situations that were pivatol points in our two losses that I think Turbin's availability impacted. The first was the week 1 possession after K Moore's pick. The second was in Philly when we stalled at  the 4 yard line. If Turbin were available I think we pound the ball in those situations. We will see if things are different when he returns. I thought going into the season Turbin could surprise and still feel that way. 

On 9/25/2018 at 8:47 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

I'm afraid to pick the Colts right now because it seems like when I do they usually disappoint me.  So with that said...

I'll predict that the Texans desperate for a win will pull off the mild upset in Indy.

20-18 Texans.  (Colts kick six field goals. Luck throws for a buck fifty.) 

And this will be me afterwards. :wall:

I can relate to this!

My humble prediction is similar: a heart-breaker of a loss for IND, they lose to HOU 23-17. AL throws for 2 TDs and 1 INT, resulting in a HOU TD. And he or one of our RBs gets tackled in the end-zone for a safety...

Gosh, I'm getting depressed thinking about this... 

Houston front 7 is soft against the run between the tackles and the Texans o-line is not very good.

I think the Colts establish a solid ground game which will open up a couple of play action passes,  On the other side Watson is going to have to beat the Colts and I don't think he's up to the task.

This should be a blowout with the Colts winning by 17-24 points.  Not that I think the Colts are that much better overall than the Texans, I just think the Colts D it's Colts strength vs Houston weakness which means a dominating performance.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Houston front 7 is soft against the run between the tackles and the Texans o-line is not very good.

I think the Colts establish a solid ground game which will open up a couple of play action passes,  On the other side Watson is going to have to beat the Colts and I don't think he's up to the task.

This should be a blowout with the Colts winning by 17-24 points.  Not that I think the Colts are that much better overall than the Texans, I just think the Colts D it's Colts strength vs Houston weakness which means a dominating performance.

Jack Doyle not playing does concern me a bit with the protection. I see us pulling out a double digit win, along the lines of 27-17 or 31-20, just not sure about 17-24 points. 

• Like 1