Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is Throwing

IndyD4U

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Over the course of my 39 years of existence, I've never once heard this expression.

It's a Biblical reference.  Doubting Thomas (Didymus) was a disciple of Jesus Christ.  When told of the news that Jesus had risen, Didymus stated that he would not believe it until he could see Jesus and put his finger where the nails were and run his hand in the opening of the spear.  Jesus appeared to Didymus a week later and basically told Didymus to verify what he needed to verify and then he believed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Didn't Ballard just say he wasn't throwing?

There's 'throwing' and then there's 'THROWING!'.

Call me Thomas, I want to put my hands in the wounds before I believe anything.

Yes. Just yesterday Ballard said he wasn’t throwing. 

Someone is lying. 

Better hope its Ballard. 

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

If Frank said he's throwing, then he's throwing. We can believe Frank.  However, he didn't say how far he's throwing.  I'm guessing five yards at most.

Agree! More will be known April 9th (per Ballard), so I wouldn't put any stock into anything else.

52 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It's a Biblical reference.  Doubting Thomas (Didymus) was a disciple of Jesus Christ.  When told of the news that Jesus had risen, Didymus stated that he would not believe it until he could see Jesus and put his finger where the nails were and run his hand in the opening of the spear.  Jesus appeared to Didymus a week later and basically told Didymus to verify what he needed to verify and then he believed.

Coffee - laying down some knowledge!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

A very good example of the progress we've made as a society; these days we'd just aggressively demand sources. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

A very good example of the progress we've made as a society; these days we'd just aggressively demand sources. 

And then if your preconceived idea disagreed with the evidence it would be called fake news

I should note I am using "your" in the general sense, not you specifically SCC.

Edited by Coffeedrinker
clarification

8 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Maybe Ballard wants to be cautious. I find this interesting though

I hope he was just playing coy. But you’d think if he wanted to play coy he’d have everyone on the same page with the same story so as not to contradict him. It’s interesting, but for all the wrong reasons.  

I don’t see any real reason for Ballard to lie about it yesterday. I’m gonna keep my optimism in check until we get some more concrete evidence that all is well. 

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Really?  In 39 years you've never heard the story of doubting Thomas?

I guess some have not. Usually even the Easter Lilies (those that only go to church at Christmas and Easter) usually get this story...especially with this being holy week. I'll add a little info. Poor Thomas gets a bad rap. None of the disciples understood fully Jesus' teachings that he would be resurrected but Thomas had not seen Jesus like the others as he wasn't present when Jesus showed himself to them earlier. After witnessing his horrible death he couldn't believe he really was alive....given his great anguish and despair thus his words he couldn't believe. Like those that can't believe someone is really dead we have to see the body...their mind just can't make sense of it. We all have doubts at times but that makes us no less in the eyes of God. He was willing to believe and God still used him. He even went on to preach all through Iran and even so far as to India until he was martyred. All the disciples had their issues at one point or another but we don't remember them soley by their failings...poor Thomas....yet perhaps through that act he actually is easiest to identify with for all Christians and an example that we can still go on and serve despite the fact that we have doubts from time to time.

As is related to Andrew lol.....quite the segway lol....it's hard for a lot of people to believe he is going to be ok given the horrible season and set backs they have been through. To me to have some doubt is natural...I have faith regardless that the Colts are in good hands and it will work out...whether that's him playing week 1 or week 6 or even if we have to get another qb. I think we have the right guy running the show that he will get this ship righted. It's going to be exciting to watch him comeback...much like it was for Peyton's even more so since he isn't doing it for another team. Like spring's arrival...hope again is springing up in the heart of Colts fans lol.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, XxGoosexX said:

Well the news just broke a few hours ago, 

maybe Andrew just got up this morning and that was next on his list.

so andrew all excited about it, showed up early and started throwing this morning... 

Like Marquez Fultz...you just wake up and say...today is the day....and you just jump right in! It's great because maybe Andrew can be on the field for off season workouts that start in April.

• Like 1