Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd Haley

coltsfeva

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

No

There you are Skinnz, I'm guessing your now awake from your nap...Ha!!

Seems "My giant reach" regarding my thoughts on McDaniels being the pick from day on,e based on my assessments, wasn't so absurd after all huh?

14 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Let go after Steelers loss. Obviously, he would have to “mesh” with McDaniels. Do you think the Colts will inquire about him ?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22134133

HELL  NO!!!!

You want the Colts to inquire about a OC who restricted his QBs from changing plays at the line of scrimmage?  A guy notoriously famous for not getting along with his QB?  his play calling sucks so bad I'd rather hire Pep Hamiltion again.

44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

HELL  NO!!!!

You want the Colts to inquire about a OC who restricted his QBs from changing plays at the line of scrimmage?  A guy notoriously famous for not getting along with his QB?  his play calling sucks so bad I'd rather hire Pep Hamiltion again.

If a future HoF QB like Big Ben can’t change plays at the line of scrimmage that’s more an indictment on him and not the coach...  Look at the silly call he made to have Rogers run a slant on that last play against New England.  While not having any other receivers do anything.  

Ben is dumb as a box of rocks but I’m sure if he wanted to call a QB sneak Tomlin or Haley would let him.  But like he said in an interview, he wanted them to put in a QB “draw”...  So dumb Ben would probably audible to the QB draw on 4th and long like an *.

All that being said, I’m with you on the hell no to Haley.  He was  certainly part of the disfuncion there in Pittsburgh as well. Along with Big Ben & Tomlin the enabler too.

50 minutes ago, Indeee said:

There you are Skinnz, I'm guessing your now awake from your nap...Ha!!

Seems "My giant reach" regarding my thoughts on McDaniels being the pick from day on,e based on my assessments, wasn't so absurd after all huh?

I have to go back and find the post to remember it exactly.  

But my guess is that "the giant reach" had absolutely nothing to do with McDaniels becoming the coach.  Any one with an ounce of football IQ could see that circumstance was possible.  My guess is that your reasoning for that becoming reality was hysterically off-base.  

So my opinion on Haley is is different than most here.  I think he's a genius offensive mind and has really good play calling abilities...But....  he has 2 fatal flaws.  1. He tends to get way to cute and gets away from efficient football and 2. He's an *.  With 2 being the biggest problem as no one likes him lol.

44 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I don’t want Haley here. However you can’t deny based off of number he was a good OC. He didn’t call Ben for a QB sneak because the guy has a bad neck. 

and how much of that though is from Big Ben's ability to avoid sacks and fire huge shots down field?

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

and how much of that though is from Big Ben's ability to avoid sacks and fire huge shots down field?

I don’t like the stealers so I honestly don’t care what they do. Also how much does he benefit from having AB and Le’Veon?

I live in Steeler country.  I havent met a Steeler fan who likes Haley.

my brother is VERY happy he was fired.

he's similar to Arians.... slow developing pass routes.  Ben has been beaten up to n a similar fashion as Luck has, for very similar reasons.

so i'd say no.  

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I have to go back and find the post to remember it exactly.  

But my guess is that "the giant reach" had absolutely nothing to do with McDaniels becoming the coach.  Any one with an ounce of football IQ could see that circumstance was possible.  My guess is that your reasoning for that becoming reality was hysterically off-base.  

This was my post and Albert Breer verified my earlier theory as to be exactly as I guessed it was, 5 days ago. Your response to my original theory is bolded at the bottom

It's Josh McDaniels.

If you think back to what recently cam out about the Colts knowing at mid-season loss to Jaxx that Pagano would be replaced, a little article/blurb came out that Ballard had actually sat down with Brissett and asked him a lot of questions about McDaniels. I can't remember where I saw the article, but it was out there but kinda glossed over as it was only 1/2 way through the season.

Anyway, second point is what Ballard said at presser regarding not wanting someone coming here just because of Luck. This is obvious connection regarding McDaniels as he wouldn't be coming here just for Luck, as he also had Brissett, to whom Josh was very familiar. In the event something went wrong with Luck, having a familiar QB would certainly ease that transition especially one that already knows the system being put into place.

McDaniels was the 1st interview and I'm almost 100% sure the first words of the interview was this blatant question: Are you ready to leave the Nantucket nest?

I believe the answer was yes, and Josh was given a wink nod of acceptance.

The reason why the Colts keep interviewing guys is simple and Ballard already gave the answer to this in the end of year presser as well. A great GM always has a folder full of info on guys, teams, etc.. of course I'm paraphrasing here but you get my point.

What if while walking across the street toward the Pats complex Josh has a piano dropped on his skull... Exactly, gotta have a back-up plan in case S**t happens.

The above I would be shocked if it wasn't the case, below is truly a guess/wish of mine.

Based on news that came out today I wouldn't be surprised if you might see K. Richard signed as DC and no HC signing yet. If this Happens, Josh was okay with it. That would be awesome!! IMO

Imagine the NE Offense with the Seattle Defense... WOW

Anyway, come on guys and girls, your next HC is McDaniels and it's a no brainer!!

Ice and rest is the best remedy for the muscle I am sure you pulled reaching for that.

41 minutes ago, Indeee said:

This was my post and Albert Breer verified my earlier theory as to be exactly as I guessed it was, 5 days ago. Your response to my original theory is bolded at the bottom

It's Josh McDaniels.

If you think back to what recently cam out about the Colts knowing at mid-season loss to Jaxx that Pagano would be replaced, a little article/blurb came out that Ballard had actually sat down with Brissett and asked him a lot of questions about McDaniels. I can't remember where I saw the article, but it was out there but kinda glossed over as it was only 1/2 way through the season.

Anyway, second point is what Ballard said at presser regarding not wanting someone coming here just because of Luck. This is obvious connection regarding McDaniels as he wouldn't be coming here just for Luck, as he also had Brissett, to whom Josh was very familiar. In the event something went wrong with Luck, having a familiar QB would certainly ease that transition especially one that already knows the system being put into place.

McDaniels was the 1st interview and I'm almost 100% sure the first words of the interview was this blatant question: Are you ready to leave the Nantucket nest?

I believe the answer was yes, and Josh was given a wink nod of acceptance.

The reason why the Colts keep interviewing guys is simple and Ballard already gave the answer to this in the end of year presser as well. A great GM always has a folder full of info on guys, teams, etc.. of course I'm paraphrasing here but you get my point.

What if while walking across the street toward the Pats complex Josh has a piano dropped on his skull... Exactly, gotta have a back-up plan in case S**t happens.

The above I would be shocked if it wasn't the case, below is truly a guess/wish of mine.

Based on news that came out today I wouldn't be surprised if you might see K. Richard signed as DC and no HC signing yet. If this Happens, Josh was okay with it. That would be awesome!! IMO

Imagine the NE Offense with the Seattle Defense... WOW

Anyway, come on guys and girls, your next HC is McDaniels and it's a no brainer!!

Ice and rest is the best remedy for the muscle I am sure you pulled reaching for that.

As I suspected...

My response at the time had nothing to with the interest in McDaniels or him eventually becoming the Head Coach.  The interest on both sides was plainly evident.  What I commented on was...

1) They knew they were going to replace Pagano long before the 1st Jacksonville loss.  They were just considering making the move after that game instead of at the end of the season.  Plus the article about Ballard picking Brissett's brain on McDaniels was much later in the season.  In other words, no correlation to what you wrote and reality.

2) I know what Ballard said about Luck and any future coach but that was just Coach / GM speak and simply not reality.  Every coach they interviewed was most assuredly appraised of Luck's situation.  Further it is a comical stretch to think that McDaniels felt OK with the QB situation because of Brissett should Luck not ever be healthy again.

3) The first words of the interview were most assuredly not "you ready to leave the Nantucket nest" or anything close that.  And McDaniels certainly did not accept the job at that time based on the premise of that question alone.

4) The Colts kept interviewing guys because they wanted to cover all bases and do their homework for THIS particular hire.  At that time I am sure there was interest but I would also suspect that neither McDaniels or the Colts had settled on each other.

Josh McDaniels doesn't need a top OC.   Because Josh is going to be his own OC.   He needs a guy he works well with.   They share the same vision.   Will help be McDaniels eyes and ears.

Haley is a good OC.   He's just not the right guy.    He'll find work elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Maybe not MK.  I just have a hunch that Dorsey will be putting together a pretty good roster and things may be changing there. They have 12 picks in this upcoming draft and if they hit on just half of them things could change there pretty fast.  I don't think Hue Jackson is as bad as advertised.

32 minutes ago, KING. said:

We don't need an OC.

Mcdaniels can run the plays for our offense.

He will be hired as a head coach, not an OC. A head coaches duties requires a lot more than calling offensive plays. So, yes, McDaniels will need an OC. Putting too much on his plate is a disaster waiting.