Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Twitter Action on TY

IndyD4U

I don't understand. What would be the purpose of trading TY Hilton? Trade him for a 2nd rounder and then we're forced to draft another young inexperienced wide receiver? Dumb. We would have zero threat on the offense besides for maybe, Jack Doyel. To me, that sounds terrible. Hilton as well as others will have a string of bad games. They all do. We're playing with a QB who has only been on the team for 8 weeks. Surely, that has A LOT to do with how our offense is doing. Give Hilton a break...

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

If the rumors are correct that the Colts are actively shopping TY, how can anyone on here say it’s dumb to trade him. Are you all suddenly smarter than Ballard now?

ME Y needs to GO! Colts not exactly doing well with him or anyone else on this team.

If they are really serious about trading him I hope they at least get a young bonafide starter for him as part of the trade.  Preferably on the OL.  Counting on a draft pick, even a 2nd or 3rd Rd. pick is a crap shoot.  He's a top tier starter.  We should be able to at least acquire a starter and probably a pick as well. 

52 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

If the rumors are correct that the Colts are actively shopping TY, how can anyone on here say it’s dumb to trade him. Are you all suddenly smarter than Ballard now?

When is the last time you talked to Ballard or heard a statment from Ballard on the issue?   Rumors don't qualify as a statement from him either.   And please let us not go down the list of GMs who made dumb decisions.  Ballard isn't immune from that either. We've gotten to the point where we should all should just blindly agree with anything Ballard related.   Is that where we are at?

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

When is the last time you talked to Ballard or heard a statment from Ballard on the issue?   Rumors don't qualify as a statement from him either.   And please let us not go down the list of GMs who made dumb decisions.  Ballard isn't immune from that either. We've gotten to the point where we should all should just blindly agree with anything Ballard related.   Is that where we are at?

Ok. Show me when and where I said that Ballard had said anything about this issue. All I did was point out how people are reacting to the rumors and saying it would be stupid to trade TY.  Ballard knows more about what’s going on in the Colts organization than all of us on here combined. If Ballard deems it to be necessary to move TY, I’m sure he’s researched enough to have a good reason to do so. For all we know, TY could be demanding a trade or he could be negatively affecting the locker room. 

4 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Ok. Show me when and where I said that Ballard had said anything about this issue. All I did was point out how people are reacting to the rumors and saying it would be stupid to trade TY.  Ballard knows more about what’s going on in the Colts organization than all of us on here combined. If Ballard deems it to be necessary to move TY, I’m sure he’s researched enough to have a good reason to do so. For all we know, TY could be demanding a trade or he could be negatively affecting the locker room. 

You stated " Do you know better than Ballard"  which assumes you have some kind of inkling or evidence that Ballard is even thinking of moving TY in the first place.   Problem is you don't.  All you have on the table is rumor.

13 hours ago, Indeee said:

Well, I for one never said I would agree with trading TY nor did I say that Gordon had value right now. I just said that if the colts really are considering trading TY to the Browns then the trade would go down potentially either way with or without the rights to Gordon, so I would just ask for the rights as a throw it in for fun kinda deal. Clearly the browns don't want him...

Gordon is never getting back in the league don't want him he is a *.

41 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean, let's be objective here. The WRs aren't doing great as a whole with Brissett under center. With Luck we know the kind of production we can get out of Hilton. I think the best course is to hang on to him until Luck gets back. Ride out the storm. 

Recievers are a dime a dozen.

I highly doubt he's traded. If TY were to be traded away for say, two first round picks, I could stomach it, but he's not going to. Anything short of a first and I would hang up the phone. You don't trade away your best offensive player. It's probably just Twitter users trying to get more views. 

It doesn't make sense to trade TY unless you can upgrade MULTIPLE other positions with the move.  Doing a 1-for-1 trade (like a 2nd-rounder) might upgrade one position, but we're also losing our best play-maker in the process.

Unless TY has just been a bad guy behind the scenes in the locker room, meeting room, etc. then I don't see him being traded for anything less than multiple picks/players.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

You stated " Do you know better than Ballard"  which assumes you have some kind of inkling or evidence that Ballard is even thinking of moving TY in the first place.   Problem is you don't.  All you have on the table is rumor.

What I says doesn’t imply that Ballard has said anything or even shopping TY. I commented on people who were reacting to the rumors saying it would be stupid for Ballard to trade TY. People are acting as though they know more than Ballard when none of us know anything at all. 

11 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I highly doubt he's traded. If TY were to be traded away for say, two first round picks, I could stomach it, but he's not going to. Anything short of a first and I would hang up the phone. You don't trade away your best offensive player. It's probably just Twitter users trying to get more views. 

The best offensive player for the colts has been on the shelf all season and who knows if he ever returns.

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I don't understand. What would be the purpose of trading TY Hilton? Trade him for a 2nd rounder and then we're forced to draft another young inexperienced wide receiver? Dumb. We would have zero threat on the offense besides for maybe, Jack Doyel. To me, that sounds terrible. Hilton as well as others will have a string of bad games. They all do. We're playing with a QB who has only been on the team for 8 weeks. Surely, that has A LOT to do with how our offense is doing. Give Hilton a break...

Hilton disappears more often than he shows up and that is why I say he isn't a number 1 wide out.

55 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Dangle to see if an offer is made you cannot refuse. Never hurts to listen. 

Besides, I think TY would agree that it would be a good business decision :bored:

What's the offer you can't refuse? I can't think of anyone giving up what it would take for me to consider it a can't refuse deal. 

14 hours ago, IinD said:

I'm actually totally shocked by our fan base on this one. 

Seems the majority wants him gone for a pick. 

Pro TY IS in a small minority.

I don't see how you get better by getting rid of your second best player.

I look at how the Pats do it.  There isn't much loyalty to a single player except Tom Brady.  Everyone else is expendable.  No emotional attachment.  If you think you can get better my moving a guy, so be it.

This is about a better team, not just one guy.  If TY doesn't fit the plan they aren't impressed with how he has dealt with this adversity this year, move on without him.

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

The theory is that a healthy Luck can be like Manning and turn decent receivers into stars. Draft a second or third round receiver and Luck can make them look like a first rounder. So save a the money and stash picks.

Here is the list of current Draft picks for the browns.

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick via 2017 draft-day trade.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.

Third round: (1) Own pick.

Fourth round: (2) Own pick, Panthers' pick via Andy Lee trade.

Fifth round: (2) Own pick, Chiefs' pick (conditional) via Cam Erving trade.

Sixth round: (2) Own pick, Steelers' pick via Justin Gilbert trade.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

IMO, trading T.Y. would be stupid. Your suppose to acquire more playmakers NOT get rid of only one you have.

As far as the bolded, I'm sure more than a few on board here wouldn't have made some of Ballard's Blunders.

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Jeez, How quickly people around here turn on a person after just a few bad games.

To be clear I don't think we should trade Hilton unless the price is right . Say a first and a young stud at G T Ilb or Olb . I do think there is more going on behind the scenes than us fans know for him to even be on the trade block . Teams just don't trade receivers that led the nfl in yards the pervious season it just doesn't happen without a reason . 

14 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

I concur. As usual the hometown fans think they have something more valuable  than they got reading the responses.  If you look at this like it's going to be a 2 ,or more likely 3 season rebuild it makes perfect sense.  They can find another receiver but right now they need picks to rebuild this pathetically talented roster. Hilton isn't going to get them to the SB anytime soon , him and his disappearing nature when things are tough. 

Thank you. Exactly right. We need to be drafting in the top 10 again next year.
Belichek moved better players than ty

Remarkably I dont care either way. To me he isnt a real consistent receiver. and as far as that goes I dont believe he is true #1 receiver. I dont think he scares too many teams when the Colts get in the red zone. A true #1 receiver is game planned for especially in the red zone. I think he is a really good #2 receiver. 

Botonio would be my choice to trade him for. If we can't do that, I'd like to get the Browns 2nd round pick. WR is the most easily replaceable position besides RB in the NFL. The reason our WR's are so bad is because of Chud, not necessarily because we have been missing so bad on every WR. The playbook he runs is specialized towards Hilton and Doyle, and the rest are left out, and Hilton isn't a true 1 because of his size and how he avoids contact, so it doesn't work most of the time, not to mention a simple double team eliminates him every time. 

Also, a lot of people assume that if we trade Hilton for a second rounder, we'll just draft a second round receiver to replace him and he won't be as good. In reality, we'd probably draft an O-Lineman, a CB, or a pass rusher. We might even draft a franchise RB to pair with Luck. WR's are a dime a dozen, and if we trade Hilton, we'll probably sign a top WR in FA, and draft another one in the middle rounds, both of which should be better after Chud is gone.

49 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

IMO, trading T.Y. would be stupid. Your suppose to acquire more playmakers NOT get rid of only one you have.

As far as the bolded, I'm sure more than a few on board here wouldn't have made some of Ballard's Blunders.

Again, that’s your opinion. You are not a GM nor do you know what’s going on behind the scenes. 

3 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I mean, I get where you're coming from...but by that logic, the message board/talk radio business would go bankrupt...

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Oh yeah, ask Detroit about that pre-Calvin Johnson. There's a valid argument that the "dime a dozen" receivers Brady has had have left him with less rings than he should have. 

They are if your smart about getting recievers that are actually good don't take a receiver 1st round that has no hands or separating ability.

24 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

... In reality, we'd probably draft an O-Lineman, a CB, or a pass rusher. We might even draft a franchise RB to pair with Luck. WR's are a dime a dozen, and if we trade Hilton, we'll probably sign a top WR in FA, and draft another one in the middle rounds, both of which should be better after Chud is gone.

... and there is about a 30% to 50% chance that the draft pick would end up being a failure.  Statistical probability.  Trade an effective asset (perhaps not so effective the last few games, but body of work, TY is a weapon, regardless of whether you see him as a # 1 receiver or not).

Hence, I think that trading him is subtraction from the goal of building up the roster.  You'd trade him and HOPE that you can utilize the draft pick for a player as effective, at whatever position he happens to be in.  One step back, and maybe only 50% chance of a step back forward.

To me, you keep him, thus not creating an area of need that needs to be replaced via draft or free agency.  Instead you use the draft and FA to ADD already missing pieces. Just mho.

Usually doesn't hurt to see what the offers are, except for the possibility that it upsets TY and he then demands a trade, like the Cutler/McDaniels saga in Denver.  The only reason why I'd consider it is because TY has some pretty big cap ($10+ mil) numbers in a few years, so it might be smart just to keep the option open.  But the asking price should be high, which reports claim they are.