Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Twitter Action on TY

IndyD4U

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd totally be in support of trading away Hilton for practically a late 1st round pick. Cleveland will have the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round so I'd love adding more picks for Ballard to work his magic and bring in help on the OL, LB, and WR core.

I trust Ballard to make the right picks in the draft, unlike a certain previous GM of the Colts.

1 minute ago, Derakynn said:

Stupid trade for both teams. T.Y. isn't taking how the team is doing right now very well, you think he will just accept playing for a team that basically never had success?

If you get traded you're traded. It's not like you have a choice if you are the player 

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'd totally be in support of trading away Hilton for practically a late 1st round pick. Cleveland will have the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round so I'd love adding more picks for Ballard to work his magic and bring in help on the OL, LB, and WR core.

I trust Ballard to make the right picks in the draft, unlike a certain previous GM of the Colts.

Cleveland also has Texans 1st and 2nd.  The twitter I saw said Colts are *asking* for Cleveland 2nd from Texans.. so a mid 2nd at best.  I hope we keep TY.

I’m fine with that. Hilton is the surest thing we have but he ain’t irreplaceable. I don’t think Ballard sees him as a true number 1 anyways. Reports were that we went after Alshon Jeffrey in the offseason. Plus I also think Ballard prefers his receivers bigger.

42 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

the browns 2nd for Hilton?  I'd take it.......  won't hurt our draft position at all, free's up money, and the Browns 2nd is almost a first.....  do it.

no shafty138, that's not a smart move at all. You don't trade away good players for a 50% chance of getting a good player from the draft, much less a pro bowler. And what money to free up? we're 20 million under cap. The point of drafting and free agency is getting good players on your roster. Not trade them away like the browns.

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m fine with that. Hilton is the surest thing we have but he ain’t irreplaceable. I don’t think Ballard sees him as a true number 1 anyways. Reports were that we went after Alshon Jeffrey in the offseason. Plus I also think Ballard prefers his receivers bigger.

He also prefers ones that catch the ball and don't disappear against average to good teams..

Just now, myic90 said:

no shafty138, that's not a smart move at all. You don't trade away good players for a 50% chance of getting a good player from the draft, much less a pro bowler. And what money to free up? we're 20 million under cap. The point of drafting and free agency is getting good players on your roster. Not trade them away like the browns.

I'm actually totally shocked by our fan base on this one. 

Seems the majority wants him gone for a pick. 

Pro TY IS in a small minority.

I don't see how you get better by getting rid of your second best player.

21 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I concur. As usual the hometown fans think they have something more valuable  than they got reading the responses.  If you look at this like it's going to be a 2 ,or more likely 3 season rebuild it makes perfect sense.  They can find another receiver but right now they need picks to rebuild this pathetically talented roster. Hilton isn't going to get them to the SB anytime soon , him and his disappearing nature when things are tough. 

Browns are loaded with draft choice so would not be surprised if they might want a younger proven player rather than hope a draft choice works out. they need receivers badly also. Would love to get their 2nd 1st round pick.

I personal would not be disappointed. I don't think he is a team player after his comments last week. said at the time if I were the GM he would be gone. Hope we could possibly get a high draft choice for him. 

Just now, IinD said:

I know this would be a weird thought as well, however all the Bills seemed to have done this year is get rid of their star players and they are 5-2 and surprisingly looking pretty solid

1 minute ago, IinD said:

They need to overhaul this roster , TY isn't getting them anywhere . Ballard surely thinks he can find his replacement cheaper and in the draft.  

1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Browns are loaded with draft choice so would not be surprised if they might want a younger proven player rather than hope a draft choice works out. they need receivers badly also. Would love to get their 2nd 1st round pick.

I personal would not be disappointed. I don't think he is a team player after his comments last week. said at the time if I were the GM he would be gone. Hope we could possibly get a high draft choice for him. 

He threw his teammates under the bus and responded with back to back pathetic showings .  

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I wouldn't do it, but is it possible with that pick and the freed up money you could be a better team?  Sure, it's possible.

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

They need to overhaul this roster , TY isn't getting them anywhere . Ballard surely thinks he can find his replacement cheaper and in the draft.  

Do you know how many cheaper, younger, newer replacements we need?      It's almost too many to count.

We can't just keep cutting guys or trading guys for lesser draft picks and think we're making progress.

Ballard said this wasn't a one-year fix when he took this job,  and with the moves everyone here wants him to make,  the job is getting harder and longer....

Just now, Indeee said:

I know this would be a weird thought as well, however all the Bills seemed to have done this year is get rid of their star players and they are 5-2 and surprisingly looking pretty solid

So luck will throw to who exactly? Not being an A, sincerely asking?

Crief won't be signed so we will have a rookie and Aiken (no idea of he's on a multi year deal)and some other rookies and Rodgers? Good luck with that next year.

And we guaranteed won't win another game this season. I was guessing one-two more, but if he left it's 2-14 this year and nobody at wr next. Doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Do you know how many cheaper, younger, newer replacements we need?      It's almost too many to count.

We can't just keep cutting guys or trading guys for lesser draft picks and think we're making progress.

Ballard said this wasn't a one-year fix when he took this job,  and with the moves everyone here wants him to make,  the job is getting harder and longer....

Sure we can. Build up through the draft and free agency. Who says it's a lesser draft pick ? Ty didn't help hid cause by opening his mouth and following that up with back to back disappearing acts . 

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He signed Aiken who is big, and trade Dorsett who is small.  Ballard probably has eyes set on changing the offense and will want bigger receivers.