Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Hired by Colts

TKnight24

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Nice, I heard one of the highlights of the home opener was Mathis wielding a sledgehammer onto an anvil in the pre-game/intro video!!!

A nice little notion to appease some fans while the team continues to struggle, not a bad strategy at all...

Yep, I went to the game yesterday, and that was pretty cool.

16 minutes ago, buccolts said:

It appeared he was there live, but I couldn't locate him.

I only saw him on the screen.

That's cool, I heard some differing reports from multiple friends, just wondered if it was a one time thing, since he got hired as some have suggested, or even just for the season home opener, or if it will be part of the teams intro as they take the field at LOS this season...

I guess I'm living vicariously through people who were at the game, haven't been to LOS in a few years now...

52 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

That's cool, I heard some differing reports from multiple friends, just wondered if it was a one time thing, since he got hired as some have suggested, or even just for the season home opener, or if it will be part of the teams intro as they take the field at LOS this season...

I guess I'm living vicariously through people who were at the game, haven't been to LOS in a few years now...

He did it live. Visitor sideline and opposite side of the field that the colts run out of.

Have to love Robert Mathis. He knows he cannot physically play the game at a high level anymore. However, he loves the game too much to walk away. He'll coach for a long time. 

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE KEEP OUR OWN HERE! He was good to us, and never left. We need to return that favor for him. It will be an investment worth making. 

Robert Mathis - Colt For Life!

Is hammering the anvil our version of the Vikings horn?  I actually enjoyed it, but I think Mathis was a big reason why.  Nobody will look as BA as Mathis did with that hammer! haha  

As for this news, I'm so happy for him!  It makes me happy seeing/hearing how much he loves this city and this team! 

14 hours ago, Imrryr said:

If pagano gets fired is mathis going to be fired as well?

i would say this was an Irsay approved move, so I'm gonna venture to say Mathis would be kept.  Especially if the Colt's continue the increase in sacks/pressures from last week going forward