Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TKnight24

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, never expected any of those (except Morris).  Hopefully they've pluses up on all those positions.  

Baner and Morris are surprises to me...well Morris not so much, Pags must be in love with Tolzien.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, never expected any of those (except Morris).  Hopefully they've pluses up on all those positions.  

The only one to shock me was Banner thought they might cut a CB instead

7 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

DI01jvSVYAAVBGc.jpg:large

Holy Crap!!

Banner was waived?!?   I sure hope he makes our PS.     Will be very disappointed if another team claims him.

Here's hoping...

10 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

DI01jvSVYAAVBGc.jpg:large

No Kelly so we release Schwenke ? and we did not like Morris and Banner ?????????????

4 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Baner and Morris are surprises to me...well Morris not so much, Pags must be in love with Tolzien.

The final decision is Ballard's, not Pagano.

Just now, HOF19 said:

No Kelly so we waive Schwenke ? and we did not like Morris and Banner ?????????????

Means Kelly is coming back soon, Schwenke was behind Bond and Morris was 4th on DC

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The only one to shock me was Banner thought they might cut a CB instead

Banner shocked me.. I thought he looked pretty solid in the preseason. Hopefully he makes it to the PS.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Holy Crap!!

Banner was waived?!?   I sure hope he makes our PS.     Will be very disappointed if another team claims him.

Here's hoping...

I don't get it neither. It is a consensus that Morris was better than Tolzien... Banner deserves a shot IMO.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Means Kelly is coming back soon, Schwenke was behind Bond and Morris was 4th on DC

Morris is better than tolzien

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Tolzien must have some dirt on someone in the organization. I can’t for the life of me figure out why he’s still here. 

You sure it's not Morris? In 2 years with 2 different GM's he has not been able to overtake Tolzien on the depth chart. He dropped behind Walker to 3rd this preseason. I'll be the first to admit he looks like to be a lot better than Tolzien in the preseason games.

There has to be something going on in practice, meetings, the film room who knows. Tolzien isn't very good  If Morris can't overtake him then send him packing. Hopefully Brissett is up to be speed quickly and Luck gets to work. That should be the end of ST. 

I hope they have a plan at TE.  Doyle, an injured Swoope, and a UDFA with no experience.   

Am I missing something?

The only one I can't get on board with is Banner. Doesn't make sense to me.

As for Morris I kind of understand. Its unlikely any team would want to go into a season with two very young and inexperienced qbs. I'm not a fan of Tolzien either but he does have more experience and leadership. Also wasn't there a rumor that Morris had trouble learning the playbook? Whether we like it or not, there's alot of behind the scenes stuff that goes into making these decisions other than on field play. Especially at qb. 

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

You sure it's not Morris? In 2 years with 2 different GM's he has not been able to overtake Tolzien on the depth chart. He dropped behind Walker to 3rd this preseason. I'll be the first to admit he looks like to be a lot better than Tolzien in the preseason games.

There has to be something going on in practice, meetings, the film room who knows. Tolzien isn't very good  If Morris can't overtake him then send him packing. Hopefully Brissett is up to be speed quickly and Luck gets to work. That should be the end of ST. 

Sounds like he has some issues with film study 

What the hell is the Colts love affair with Phillip Walker. Not even PS worthy

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Morris is better than tolzien

Maybe so, but Tolzien is not PS eligible.  Morris is, as far as I know.

WTH!! Banner got Waived! I don't care how bad he may of struggled. You don't cut a 4th round pick you just drafted. Even if the plan is to put him on the practice squad, the odds of him getting claimed are too high. Our O-Line also isn't good enough to cut mid-rounders either. We aren't the Cowboys, in a situation where a pick failed to impress where they knew he'd never make an impact. This O-line, for all intensive purposes is not very good still. Ballard made a dumb move here, regardless of how Banner turns out.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Banner waived. Not a fan of that. Hope he will reach the practice squad 

There's the first big shocker of the season . Wow

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

WTH!! Banner got Waived! I don't care how bad he may of struggled. You don't cut a 4th round pick you just drafted. Even if the plan is to put him on the practice squad, the odds of him getting claimed are too high. Our O-Line also isn't good enough to cut mid-rounders either. We aren't the Cowboys, and a pick failed to impress where they knew he'd never make an impact. This line, for all intensive purposes is not very good still. Ballard made a dumb move here, regardless of how Banner turns out.

Sorry Jared, that has yet to be determined. Calm down, it will be OK.

Man, Morris gets no love from the Colts. Hope he gets on somewhere else.

Banner isn't the first 4th rounder to be cut. No big loss, but hopefully he winds up on the PS. 

We're still a mess a corner right now. I like the young guys, but they're vulnerable, and Melvin isn't good.

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

I agree. Something is going on behind the scenes because during live games, Morris played well enough to be ahead of ST, IMO.

It appears that because of Morris and whatever is going on with the backup situation, they felt it was best to add Brisett.

7 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

Unbelievable! I hope Morris gets signed by another team and makes the Colts regret.  Obviously it didn't matter that he was better than the other guy.

Wow, you want a QB who has never cracked a starting lineup to make the Colts regret ??  No, that's what's unbelievable.

Agreed on the Banner surprise. It is not a good practice in general to cut your 4th rounder before his first season really begins. That said, hopefully he can be a PS stash. If not, that is a bit of a head scratcher.

Williams was better than Daniels. Banner was the pick we got for Dwayne Allen. In no universe is Tolzien better than Morris. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sounds like he has some issues with film study 

It has to be something he dropped to 3rd on the depth chart He's been waived by 2 different GM's My guess is teams aren't going to be lined up to sign him.

Banner either for that matter he's not a G and I don't thing he's agile enough to play T. I think he goes to the PS probably smart to release him in the second wave. The majority of teams have made their claims. 

This to me is simple really. Morris is gone and as soon as Luck is ready to start and brissett has a few weeks under his belt tolzien will be let go. Colts just wanted a vetern presence while luck was out

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

WTH!! Banner got Waived! I don't care how bad he may of struggled. You don't cut a 4th round pick you just drafted. Even if the plan is to put him on the practice squad, the odds of him getting claimed are too high. Our O-Line also isn't good enough to cut mid-rounders either. We aren't the Cowboys, in a situation where a pick failed to impress where they knew he'd never make an impact. This O-line, for all intensive purposes is not very good still. Ballard made a dumb move here, regardless of how Banner turns out.

What is an intensive purpose?

Lol

Relax man,  everything will be ok

26 minutes ago, Brett Snyder said:

I can't believe we waived Banner

I can't believe Scott was not waived. He sucks. Ballard and  Chuckwood have serious mancrush on him.