Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

7 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

And I respectfully accept your opinion. But at the same time, let me remind you, that you base your opinion on some preseason games which does not mean a damn thing. Really. Go watch Brock Osweiler's preseason games from last year. The guy was fan-tas-tic. Really. He looked like a seasoned, elite franchise quarterback. The whole preseason, he was killing opponent defenses. Then came regular season.... On the other side, Jameis Winston looked awful in his first preseason. Plain afwul. Then came regular season again...

Think of that, and then, try to anwer this one million dollar question: You know you will get rid of both of your guys pretty soon, because neither good enough. But there comes 1-2, maybe 3 games, and you have to start one of the two before you release both. One guy played a game which meant something already, and he was OK. You also know, that the guy didn't look good in preseason, but looked the best when there was some game planning involved. You also know that the guy knows the playbook, and you can actually gameplan for him. And there is the other guy, who looked quite ok in preseason games against 2nd and 3rd stringers. But you never tested him against first teams. And you never planned a game for him. Actually, you know that the guy has some issues learning the playbook. But, despite of this, maybe he is a bit more talented. Just maybe, because you have never tested him yet. Who do you go with? Again, you are not developing neither, you will get rid of both. You just need the guy who gives you the better chance in those 2 games. Is it really Morris? If yes, then I respectfully disagree...

I don't believe you lol. Someone has a gun to your head, and you have to pick either Morris or Tolzien to start a game. Your life is on the line and you are not picking Tolzien

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

I don't believe you lol. Someone has a gun to your head, and you have to pick either Morris or Tolzien to start a game. Your life is on the line and you are not picking Tolzien

Hahaha, this is called deep * definitely. :) I still choose Tolzien, because last year, that gun has pointed to my head once already. And it misfired. I might not know how, but it did. So who knows, it's maybe karma, and you don't go against karma. :)

So hard to see so much passion for a guy that has been signed to a roster 3 times, only to be waived, thens stashed on a teams practice squad ASAP. (Jags, Eagles, Colts)  During this period, he has not beat out-

Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Andrew Luck, Scott Tolzien ... all over the past 3 seasons.

Yet people make it seem like he's the next Teddy Bridgewater...

So all those team and their coaches/scouts are all wrong, and some Indy fans are right?  

Those fans for him, tel me if he is on time, or arrives early to team meetings.. Studies beyond the call in the film room, knows all plays in the playbook, is comfortable with calling O line protections, can read a D pre-snap, can  audible out of a bad play, knows the details of every assignment, practices well, commands the huddle and locker room, and demonstrates a high football IQ to go with (any) athleticism.

If you only watch tape and see a couple nice plays (not against the opponents 1's either), but have no info on any of the other things mentioned (and those he's competing against), then you do not have a qualified score(s) on the QB's in question.

It is easy to play yourself out of a roster spot (sorry JoJo), but difficult to play your way on to a roster.  you must easily stand out above the other(s) in most every facet (not just on field play)