Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ugh!

Rally5

8 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Won't get excited about anything yet until I see the 3rd preseason game.. As of right now it's best just to pay attention to individual players. 

That is exactly what the coaches will be doing and that was the purpose of this game anyway.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha to say this has nothing to do with coaching.  The only people standing up  for Pagano, at this point, are people who personally know him......nice guy....just stinks at his job. He is rich compared to my standards so I really don't mind telling him that he stinks as a coach. I don't feel sorry for him. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Actually, I was pretty impressed by the defense that I saw compared to last year.  The defense played more physical and showed aggressiveness.  I see potential there.  Sure...they gave up 24 points but a lot of the reason for that was our impotent offense who couldn't avoid going 3 & out repeatedly while hemmed up at their own goal line.  That put alot of pressure on our defense as the Lions had excellent field position all game.  Given the circumstances the defense held up as well as could be expected.

The backup quarterbacks are all still lousy.  The offense can do nothing if Luck isn't behind center.  Offensive line is still a penalty flag magnet.  So yeah...that much hasn't changed.

Please don't say it's the fault of the offense! (sarcasm)  I've said this since last year even with our horrible defense he offense does nothing to help because of how quickly they exit the field 

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is exactly what the coaches will be doing and that was the purpose of this game anyway.

I'm sure that's what they'll be doing as it's their job, I'm just saying what I will be doing rather than judging a player or the team on one game. 

13 minutes ago, will426 said:

Please don't say it's the fault of the offense! (sarcasm)  I've said this since last year even with our horrible defense he offense does nothing to help because of how quickly they exit the field 

Yep...I noticed that some last year as well. Granted our defense had enough deficiencies of its own last season but our offense often put them in position to fail with their frequent 3 and outs and costly turnovers. 

Just now, csmopar said:

Anyone else notice that the ones posting a majority of the doomsday and the sky is falling threads are all newer members or members with less than 500 posts

The newer members are also a lot of newer fans in particular. If our top rookies or FA's struggle heavily, that's when I'll worry. I expect to lose 2 or 3 preseason games. I just want some promising results. I'm more worried about the regular season right now and just not getting any injuries. This game is just for depth chart and cut purposes and to see how the new players do.

I think the OP is overreacting a bit.

I didn't see the game, but only the box score and drive summaries. I was rather unimpressed with that though. Tolzien seems as awful as we all thought. Didn't see the game but who was the CB who gave up the TDs to Golladay? That was concerning IMO.

47 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No one was injured on our side so it was a good day...to evaluate people

Tolzien was good when we needed him last fall.

If he has to start in September in LA, that's a game we can win

Yeah, thats a preseason win. I guess Spence and Mount got banged up, but it doesn't look too serious.  

2 hours ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Tolzien answered any questions about his ability to start in the NFL. I doubt he survives as the #2.

No one showed anything to suggest they are better. The fact Morris has slipped to number three on the depth chart should tell people something about how the coaches feel about him at the moment.  

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What does this game have to do with Pagan's coaching?   I will take a guess,,   nothing.

Ok, LOL the game today looked exactly like a  Pags coached team, and yes I know it's preseason!

4 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

2-3 wins no at worst 5-6 but awful first half tolzien is not the answer at backup QB either.

4 hours ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Tolzien answered any questions about his ability to start in the NFL. I doubt he survives as the #2.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I didn't see the game, but only the box score and drive summaries. I was rather unimpressed with that though. Tolzien seems as awful as we all thought.

Gonna defend Tolzien. He wasn't anything spectacular, that's obvious. But in three series, he was hit twice, sacked once, had a pass batted down, threw another that was probably overthrown but the receiver fell down for some reason, and just generally didn't have anything to work with. The offensive line gave up a ton of penetration in protection, and didn't do a good job of finishing blocks in the run game. 

He probably overthrew Doyle on third down on the first series, but Doyle fell down. He panicked on the second third down, and ran into a sack when he probably had more time than he realized. Not a poised play for a QB who might have to start in a few weeks. And he missed Doyle on the third third down, throwing to a covered receiver; however, he was getting hit as he released, so he probably didn't have time to come back to Doyle on the backside.

I'm not encouraged by Tolzien. He didn't do anything to make any plays. His throw up the seam well executed, but that's nothing to write home about, just a typical NFL throw. But he definitely wasn't awful.

I'm actually disappointed that they didn't let him go longer. I sense a lack of urgency from the coaching staff to properly evaluate him and get him ready for Week 1, assuming he has to go in the opener. He should have gone the entire first quarter, IMO. 

Didn't see the game but who was the CB who gave up the TDs to Golladay? That was concerning IMO.

That was the rookie, Quincy Wilson. He had good coverage, but he panicked when he knew the ball was coming, and he couldn't turn around and find it. Golladay looked like a player, but Wilson had a good shot at defending the pass. Hopefully he settles down and trusts his coverage. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Gonna defend Tolzien. He wasn't anything spectacular, that's obvious. But in three series, he was hit twice, sacked once, had a pass batted down, threw another that was probably overthrown but the receiver fell down for some reason, and just generally didn't have anything to work with. The offensive line gave up a ton of penetration in protection, and didn't do a good job of finishing blocks in the run game. 

He probably overthrew Doyle on third down on the first series, but Doyle fell down. He panicked on the second third down, and ran into a sack when he probably had more time than he realized. Not a poised play for a QB who might have to start in a few weeks. And he missed Doyle on the third third down, throwing to a covered receiver; however, he was getting hit as he released, so he probably didn't have time to come back to Doyle on the backside.

I'm not encouraged by Tolzien. He didn't do anything to make any plays. His throw up the seam well executed, but that's nothing to write home about, just a typical NFL throw. But he definitely wasn't awful.

I'm actually disappointed that they didn't let him go longer. I sense a lack of urgency from the coaching staff to properly evaluate him and get him ready for Week 1, assuming he has to go in the opener. He should have gone the entire first quarter, IMO. 

That was the rookie, Quincy Wilson. He had good coverage, but he panicked when he knew the ball was coming, and he couldn't turn around and find it. Golladay looked like a player, but Wilson had a good shot at defending the pass. Hopefully he settles down and trusts his coverage. 

Honestly that throw he made into traffic was about the only good thing a Colts QB did almost all day.

2-3 wins no at worst 5-6 but awful first half tolzien is not the answer at backup QB either.

I didn't see the game, but only the box score and drive summaries. I was rather unimpressed with that though. Tolzien seems as awful as we all thought.

Didn't see the game but who was the CB who gave up the TDs to Golladay? That was concerning IMO.

Ah okay. It's preseason but I don't like to hear that the line wasn't holding up. If that's the case don't even put Luck back out there. But still, our backup QB situation is concerning. I don't think we could win a single game with Tolzien. Let's hope Luck is healthy.

And I heard there's been big hype around Golladay since he got to TC. Seems like he's a gamer. Just growing pains for Wilson. Probably good that that happened to him. He'll learn from the experience and it'll probably help things click for him. At least he didn't get burned.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ah okay. It's preseason but I don't like to hear that the line wasn't holding up. If that's the case don't even put Luck back out there. But still, our backup QB situation is concerning. I don't think we could win a single game with Tolzien. Let's hope Luck is healthy.

And I heard there's been big hype around Golladay since he got to TC. Seems like he's a gamer. Just growing pains for Wilson. Probably good that that happened to him. He'll learn from the experience and it'll probably help things click for him. At least he didn't get burned.

Remember the line was without two starters and were starting two undrafted rookies who probably won't make the roster due to injuries.  

5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Oh come on.  Do we really believe the Jets are better than the Titans based on one game.  Or the 49ers are better than KC?

You can only look at individual performances.

Forget that!... Jacksonville beat New England! Jacksonville's going to win the Superbowl!

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The newer members are also a lot of newer fans in particular. If our top rookies or FA's struggle heavily, that's when I'll worry. I expect to lose 2 or 3 preseason games. I just want some promising results. I'm more worried about the regular season right now and just not getting any injuries. This game is just for depth chart and cut purposes and to see how the new players do.

I take offense. For one I have had several accounts on here over the years. Secondly, I have been die hard for over 20 years..... I am 28 BTW. When I lived in Indianapolis my dad and I went to every home game for 15 years. I posted on this forum in high school.

Just now, life long said:

I take offense. For one I have had several accounts on here over the years. Secondly, I have been die hard for over 20 years..... I am 28 BTW. When I lived in Indianapolis my dad and went to every home game for 15 years. I posted on this forum in high school.

Well, it's the in thing to be offended these days. Good for you for being a fan for so long. Generally a lot of the newer posters are newer fans so I won't retract my statement. You are an exception though, and I know you are a good poster.

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

6 hours ago, cpd190 said:

Thank you coach chuck!  It really is the same crap as the last few years. You can just tell. It's coaching. It's flat out coaching! 

But it I want to thank coach chuck. Now I can be productive this year at home. I can get a lot of stuff done around the house and yard. Projects I have been meaning to do and will now have the time to do......thanks. And my wife really wants to thank you!

yeah it's the first pressing game.....but once again, that dumb lions coach was more prepared and out coached our coach.  Thanks again 

By not watching the Colts, you will save less than 1% of available time over a full year. Maybe a bit more if you discount sleep time and work time. But you get my point......

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

By not watching the Colts, you will save less than 1% of available time over a full year. Maybe a bit more if you discount sleep time and work time. But you get my point......

Also traveling time to games possibly. It could add up. 

They will certainly improve no doubt, but even given all the caveats of a first game, new players, injuries, looking at the reserves and scrubs, etc., I still thought that overall, this was a poor performance.  

I did like Banner,  Basham and Quincy.