Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release D’Qwell Jackson

Everyone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

TJ Green hasn't earned the right to be an __ on twitter. Come out and ball next year kid and then you can be whatever you want. You just gotta do something on the field, before you can turn all Janorris Jenkins on everybody LOL.

I haven't earned the right to be an __ on Twitter either, but I don't let that stop me.

I think it was the right call.  I liked D'qwell his first couple years.  He was a decent tackler.  I know he had a few off the field issues this year and really didn't have a great year.  I am sure he'll get picked up somewhere else.  The move really didn't surprise me.  I am thinking Art Jones will be next. 

1 hour ago, chad hugo said:

Could mike adams and art jones be next ? 

I don't know why people seem so eager to get rid of Mike Adams. He showed he can still play in 2016, and I doubt we'll find a better free agent for the price. I don't see anyone on the roster that could match his level of play. 

Art Jones, on the other hand, is a waste of roster space, and the Colts can clear up a significant chunk of cash by releasing him.

3 hours ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

He hilarious on twitter u must have said something ignorant to him he always cool to me on there 

I have never type a single word at him on Twitter. I follow him and see how he handles himself when faced with warranted criticism. He's not very good at all and he cannot handle that fact.

49 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I hope only in in nickle situations...unless he can pack some pounds on.  I am not surprised to see D'Qwell cut and agree with some of the others that Art is probably next.

He'd be injured even more if they played him full-time at LB, even if he put on more pounds. He doesn't have the frame to play LB full-time, IMO.

4 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I don't know why people seem so eager to get rid of Mike Adams. He showed he can still play in 2016, and I doubt we'll find a better free agent for the price. I don't see anyone on the roster that could match his level of play. 

Art Jones, on the other hand, is a waste of roster space, and the Colts can clear up a significant chunk of cash by releasing him.

Adams is a free agent as is, so they'd have to work out a new deal if they wanted to keep him. I don't expect him to be resigned.

I know many think ilb is a strong need and I agree with that to a sense. Edwin played well at ilb. The one I'm excited to see is Morrison. In the beginning he looked lost and wasn't mean to be a ilb. But went he got to play his natural position at mlb he showed some good flashes. I hope he continues to develop.

16 minutes ago, bradgt04 said:

Oh,  I think I remember.  Didn't Brady just lob it up in the air when the blitz came?

Yep. 

And with that. The Deflategate saga is now complete. The Pats won, and the two people from the Colts who were at the media epicenter are now gone. 

May the dang curse finally be lifted! 

19 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Adams is a free agent as is, so they'd have to work out a new deal if they wanted to keep him. I don't expect him to be resigned.

He probably isn't going to draw top-dollar on the open market anyway. So the Colts stand just as good a chance as anyone to sign him. All things equal, he'd probably rather not move.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I wasn't even thinking anything about the roids. I don't consider it a big deal unless a guy keeps getting caught. Heck man honestly we all took PED's in high school and I kept on for a short time after. If you do cycles like you're supposed to it don't hurt you. You just cant do them a full year or something crazy.

Really? Keeping up with the Jones' in High School?

Is that rampant now, or where 'bouts you from?

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Alvin Kamara, Don'ta foreman, Joe mixon, Christian McCaffrey, Jamal Williams, Wayne Gallman, samaje Perine, Kareem Hunt, Marlon Mack, Elijah Hood, Brian Hill

What do other backs from last year have to do with this year's class

Point being is how the later round guys rarely work out.

7 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

I think the second to fourth round bunch is a mess.  I wouldn't touch Mixon with a ten foot pole.  McCaffery isn't an every down back in my opinion.  Heck, even Fournette I think is an injury concern.  So I agree with you.  There are some interesting names and college results, but a lot of potential trouble too. 

What I do like, and it happens to fit into the needs of the Colts, is the later round guys.  Conner out of Pitt, Pumphrey out of SD St., and Jamaal WIllians out of BYU all could be worth looks rounds five and on. 

I like Conner, but I'm not sure he's NFL material.  Got to love his attitude and work ethic though.  Pumphrey is interesting, obvious Sproles comparison, but mainly a 3rd downer, right?  I haven't seen much of Williams.

Like you said, anyone after the second round is going to be a real crap shoot.  I agree about Fournette with his injury history.  I really like Cook though. 

The combine will change everything, we'll see how big (or small) these guys are and if they have any speed.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I like Conner, but I'm not sure he's NFL material.  Got to love his attitude and work ethic though.  Pumphrey is interesting, obvious Sproles comparison, but mainly a 3rd downer, right?  I haven't seen much of Williams.

Like you said, anyone after the second round is going to be a real crap shoot.  I agree about Fournette with his injury history.  I really like Cook though. 

The combine will change everything, we'll see how big (or small) these guys are and if they have any speed.

They work out all the time.

And Cook has had just as much trouble with his shoulder as Fournette has had with his ankle. His fumble percentage was pretty terrible too.

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

Let's not parade Chris Ballard around as a hero just yet. This move isn't earth shattering. It's an obvious move anyone who had control of the Colts this off season would have made. 

Yes, that includes Grigson.

However, I am happy with that decision.

If he cuts Gore, I'll probably cry. 

I totally agree.  This move is so obvious any new GM or Grigson would have done it.  Making Ballard out to be a genius for this move is a little over the top.  All this tells me is that he has evaluated the roster and more moves are now to be expected.  This and Jones are the easy ones.  It's the possible moves after those two which are going to be interesting;  Cole, Gore, Robinson, Adams( not resigning), Reitz, McNary, Butler, Morrison to name a few. 

8 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

They work out all the time.

And Cook has had just as much trouble with his shoulder as Fournette has had with his ankle. His fumble percentage was pretty terrible too.

Yeah, and 6th round draft picks turn into Tom Brady all the time too.  I'm sure Kerwynn Williams and Josh Robinson agree with you.  Some do work out, but they don't work out "all the time".  There are just more drafted late and FA's than drafted in the first couple rounds, so you see a few breaking out. 

How many games did Cook miss at FSU?  BTW, Cooks fumble percentage was better than Fournette's last year.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Agreed. 

I just have hard time justifying Cook, as dynamic as he may be, when it's as likely that the Colts are also staring at Tak or Cunnigham or Williams still there?  Heck, looking at the board, I think there's even a chance the top CB falls.  And I'm not one who thinks RB in the first is taboo.  If RB is the BPA, and you happen to need one, draft him.  Worked out pretty well for Dallas.  And look at where the playoff teams all ranked in rushing.  For a dead art, it's amazing how important it still is. 

Anyway, free agency, and the decision with Gore will make this so much more clear, but I will be surprised if we don't see the first four picks on D, with lots of speed and versatility.  Maybe that second 4th rounder on RB.  But the Colts are in shambles defensively, just cut a vet from a position already in need of playmakers, and as good as Cook is I think he or Fournette is a luxury that the D can't afford to allow. 

I suppose if some combination of Williams, McMillan, and a later round guy like Reeves-Maybin ended up in the Colts lap rounds 2, 3, and 5 or 6, Cook in the first would be a killing.  But that's the thing, they can't pick backwards, so there's no way to know..  But I think they need to come away with at least three LBs, and at least two will likely start, so they better be plug and play players.  And the likelihood of that increases the higher they're picked. 

Had to be done. DQ at least came to work and earned his paycheck so I can't knock him. Peds and pizza arguments aside, he at least played as best as he could and wasn't one of those scrub players who only show up for the check.

1 hour ago, masterlock said:

He'd be injured even more if they played him full-time at LB, even if he put on more pounds. He doesn't have the frame to play LB full-time, IMO.

I'm assuming your talking about Clayton. I think he'd be great as that Will Linebacker in our 3-4. Def agree he would need to gain 10 pounds, but that doesn't take away from his speed he's not gaining 10 pounds of fat, he might come out of it faster if he streghtens his legs. 6-2 220 that's a pretty nice frame to start with, again needs to fill it out more. But the big issue is our front seven not Clayton, our front 5 needs to be able to eat up blocks and we need a complementary ILB next to Clayton that can bring physicality. Clayton will never be able to play deep safety, he can only play in the box anyways so I'd love the idea of him dropping down if he adds weight and we add a NT

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Are there really that many good RBs in this draft?  After the top 2 (or 3 if you think McCaffery can be more than a scat back in the NFL), I think it gets thin fast.  IMHO Mixon should be 3 if you judge talent alone.

I know it's too early to make a call, but besides Zeke, did anyone else get over a couple hundred yards from last years group? 

My point is, yes, you can always get 'a guy' later in the draft or even as a FA, but usually that all they turn out to be.  We need a featured RB. 

Jordan Howard, Derrick Henry. Think that's about it.

56 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, and 6th round draft picks turn into Tom Brady all the time too.  I'm sure Kerwynn Williams and Josh Robinson agree with you.  Some do work out, but they don't work out "all the time".  There are just more drafted late and FA's than drafted in the first couple rounds, so you see a few breaking out. 

How many games did Cook miss at FSU?  BTW, Cooks fumble percentage was better than Fournette's last year.

lmao yeah because it's a low value position. And Vick Ballard did agree with me. Could name a % ton of others that recently came into the league but it would all fall on deaf ears. 

Don't know how many games he or LF7 missed, don't want either either of them. 

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I know it's too early to make a call, but besides Zeke, did anyone else get over a couple hundred yards from last years group? 

1. Ezekiel Elliott RB, Dallas Cowboys – 1631
2. Jordan Howard RB, Chicago Bears – 1313 (2nd in the league)
3. Rob Kelley RB, Washington Redskins – 704
4. Devonte Booker RB, Denver Broncos – 612
5. Jalen Richard RB, Oakland Raiders – 491
6. Derrick Henry RB, Tennessee Titans – 490
7. Paul Perkins RB, New York Giants – 449
8. DeAndre Washington, RB Oakland Raiders – 422
9. Kenny Dixon RB, Baltimore Ravens – 383

#4 (Jay Ajayi) and #7 (David Johnson) in total rushing were 5th and 3rd round picks, respectively, in 2015.

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

We did after the 2011 season.

Yup. It wouldn't surprise me. Like the poster you responded to said, no one on defense is really safe. There isn't one guy who has absolutely proven that they're a keeper. Even the young guys on cheap rookie deals. We could have an entirely new starting defense in September.