Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release D’Qwell Jackson

Everyone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get a really good ILB in the first 3 rounds in the draft. Davis or Cunningham may fall to the 2nd, and there's 2-3 other guys I like too. You can find an elite all around ILB like a Bobby Wagner, Eric Kendricks in the 2nd or 3rd. So we need that stud, but I think Edwin Jackson would be fine next to whoever we draft or maybe sign. Especially if we sign a big boss NT like Williams, Hankins, etc.

2 hours ago, theanarchist said:

Does this mean Geaethers to ILB?

I'd be okay with that if

a. The man could stay on the field

2. The team brings in 2 safety's via FA or the draft (sorry Green, not really though he's a jerk on Twitter)

4 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

I think if he were healthy the last two years he'd be just fine. I don't think Davis will be released. If he plays back to form he's close to being a lockdown corner.

Hell, even if he stays dinged up, a competent pass rush will still put him in all-pro territory. Vontae is one of the safest guys on the team IMO. Even at $10mil per year.

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I wasn't even thinking anything about the roids. I don't consider it a big deal unless a guy keeps getting caught. Heck man honestly we all took PED's in high school and I kept on for a short time after. If you do cycles like you're supposed to it don't hurt you. You just cant do them a full year or something crazy.

I don't think you are qualified to give long term health advice regarding steroids

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We need to get a really good ILB in the first 3 rounds in the draft. Davis or Cunningham may fall to the 2nd, and there's 2-3 other guys I like too. You can find an elite all around ILB like a Bobby Wagner, Eric Kendricks in the 2nd or 3rd. So we need that stud, but I think Edwin Jackson would be fine next to whoever we draft or maybe sign. Especially if we sign a big boss NT like Williams, Hankins, etc.

what about jj watts younger brother. an article said hed make a good inside 3,4 LB

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think you are qualified to give long term health advice regarding steroids

Steroids do shrink one's manly organs.

How do I know? Years ago my doctor actually prescribed me some, because mine were simply growing to be too big.

21 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I feel like DQ never got the credit he deserved. Yes, he was not good in coverage, but he was one of the best run stuffing LBs the Colts have had in recent memory. 

See. He was his first couple years with us until this year. He was actually pretty solid last year next to Free. This year he was just bad all the way around. He wasn't that run stuffing beast he had been, he couldn't get off blocks, obviously was just atrocious in coverage and he was just simply a bad ILB. And I mean if we had say Eric Kendricks next to him and a couple studs on the DL, a NT like Brandon Williams especially it would have made him look a whole lot better. Then he could have done what his specialty was. downhill thumping run stuffer. Making a lot of big tackles in the run game. Not downfield tackles after the ball carrier had already gained 15 yards.

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I wasn't even thinking anything about the roids. I don't consider it a big deal unless a guy keeps getting caught. Heck man honestly we all took PED's in high school and I kept on for a short time after. If you do cycles like you're supposed to it don't hurt you. You just cant do them a full year or something crazy.

Keep in mind there's a bug difference between HGH and steroids. Using anabolic steroids can have life-long consequences. A guy I played with in high school took roids "the right way", got a scholarship to UNC to play OL, lasted 1 season before doctors realized he had a heart issue caused by the roids (a common issue due to one side of the heart growing stronger than the other), couldn't play again, and lost his scholarship.

That kind of stuff happens ALL the time. Don't try to downplay roids like it's some harmless nonsense and that "everyone does it". Just because you and your * teammates took them, doesn't mean it's the norm, nor should it be.

Let's not parade Chris Ballard around as a hero just yet. This move isn't earth shattering. It's an obvious move anyone who had control of the Colts this off season would have made. 

Yes, that includes Grigson.

However, I am happy with that decision.

If he cuts Gore, I'll probably cry. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

what about jj watts younger brother. an article said hed make a good inside 3,4 LB

Watt is an OLB. EDGE rusher. Bro. We need to grab one of the big boys when it comes to that. Williams, Takk, Harris. We can get a stud ILB in the 2nd or 3rd easily. Off the top of my head, Deion Jones, Jordan Hicks, Bobby Wagner, Eric Kendricks, Jamie Collins, Levontae David, and bunches more were all drafted in the 2nd-3rd round, and all came in and balled out from week 1 on. Plus with good scouting there's usually a kid like Kwon Alexander and Jatavis Brown who go in the 4th or 5th and turn out to be gems.

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

Keep in mind there's a bug difference between HGH and steroids. Using anabolic steroids can have life-long consequences. A guy I played with in high school took roids "the right way", got a scholarship to UNC to play OL, lasted 1 season before doctors realized he had a heart issue caused by the roids (a common issue due to one side of the heart growing stronger than the other), couldn't play again, and lost his scholarship.

That kind of stuff happens ALL the time. Don't try to downplay roids like it's some harmless nonsense and that "everyone does it". Just because you and your * teammates took them, doesn't mean it's the norm, nor should it be.

HGH has many of the same problems that anabolic steroids do. Both are equally as harmful when not prescribed to treat an illness. --> Coming from a student studying medicine. 

However, it is common sense. 

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Watt is an OLB. EDGE rusher. Bro. We need to grab one of the big boys when it comes to that. Williams, Takk, Harris. We can get a stud ILB in the 2nd or 3rd easily. Off the top of my head, Deion Jones, Jordan Hicks, Bobby Wagner, Eric Kendricks, Jamie Collins, Levontae David, and bunches more were all drafted in the 2nd-3rd round, and all came in and balled out from week 1 on. Plus with good scouting there's usually a kid like Kwon Alexander and Jatavis Brown who go in the 4th or 5th and turn out to be gems.

wow i thought he was inside. but yeah i agree with you.

43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That would be a bad move considering how many good backs there are in this draft and all of the holes that need filled

Are there really that many good RBs in this draft?  After the top 2 (or 3 if you think McCaffery can be more than a scat back in the NFL), I think it gets thin fast.  IMHO Mixon should be 3 if you judge talent alone.

I know it's too early to make a call, but besides Zeke, did anyone else get over a couple hundred yards from last years group? 

My point is, yes, you can always get 'a guy' later in the draft or even as a FA, but usually that all they turn out to be.  We need a featured RB. 

24 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Cunningham is the #1 ranked OLB by some sources, he isn't falling to the second round.  CBS's comparison is Derrick Johnson.  Davis is a second rounder, sure.  Cunningham, no way.  That said, I bet he's available at 14 or 15 when the Colts are on the clock.  Which would take care of one of several LB needs...  no mystery, especially now, that the Colts will need to add multiple LBs.  

8 minutes ago, Shive said:

Yes it can cause issues like you're talking about, but its not common. And we took Winstrol. An Anabolic Steroid. 

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Are there really that many good RBs in this draft?  After the top 2 (or 3 if you think McCaffery can be more than a scat back in the NFL), I think it gets thin fast.  IMHO Mixon should be 3 if you judge talent alone.

I know it's too early to make a call, but besides Zeke, did anyone else get over a couple hundred yards from last years group? 

My point is, yes, you can always get 'a guy' later in the draft or even as a FA, but usually that all they turn out to be.  We need a featured RB. 

Alvin Kamara, Don'ta foreman, Joe mixon, Christian McCaffrey, Jamal Williams, Wayne Gallman, samaje Perine, Kareem Hunt, Marlon Mack, Elijah Hood, Brian Hill

What do other backs from last year have to do with this year's class

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think the second to fourth round bunch is a mess.  I wouldn't touch Mixon with a ten foot pole.  McCaffery isn't an every down back in my opinion.  Heck, even Fournette I think is an injury concern.  So I agree with you.  There are some interesting names and college results, but a lot of potential trouble too. 

What I do like, and it happens to fit into the needs of the Colts, is the later round guys.  Conner out of Pitt, Pumphrey out of SD St., and Jamaal WIllians out of BYU all could be worth looks rounds five and on. 

16 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

'House'. Sorry, been playing Bobby Wagner Bingo with you......

5 minutes ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

Cunningham is the #1 ranked OLB by some sources, he isn't falling to the second round.  CBS's comparison is Derrick Johnson.  Davis is a second rounder, sure.  Cunningham, no way.  That said, I bet he's available at 14 or 15 when the Colts are on the clock.  Which would take care of one of several LB needs...  no mystery, especially now, that the Colts will need to add multiple LBs.  

Oh I completely agree 100%. Cunningham is a top 20 talent all day and will, IMO be a superstar, pro bowl caliber ILB.....But. A lot of mocks coming out don't have him in the 1st. Why? I have no clue. but I hope it happens. One of the latest mocks has Davis going round 1 and no Cunningham. If he were to fall to the 2nd I think we should try by any means necessary (except giving up an 18 1-2) to trade up and get him. Kendricks fell 2 years ago and was considered a 1st rounder, so I mean you never really know come draft day. A lot of people had Ragland going round 1 and Darren Lee round 2. Oppo happened LOL. But like I said. 1st round talent all day, future superstar, and IMO I think he ends up in round 1. I'm just saying there are some newer mocks out there without him in the 1st.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

No surprise. It makes too much sense from a financial prospective. Art Jones is next and probably gore too.

I agree but he did take a pay cut last year and would probably do so again. Not quite the sure thing D.J> was but no doubt odds are favorable he's gone. Hard to believe he was so injured and so ineffective . But I guess those 2 things do go hand in hand.