Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prospective head coaching candidates [Merge]

Mr. Too Proud

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612903/article/urban-meyer-nfl-team-reached-out-and-i-turned-it-away

Sounds like he's not interested in coaching in the NFL right now

Yeah I don't blame him actually because he has it made at Ohio St. I didn't realize he said he didn't want to Coach in the NFL.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one that should be fired is Chud.  He sucks.  Doesn't understand his personnel.  All this deep bal % can go with him.  I knew this would be the case and it is horrible for this team.  Young inexperienced Oline and cant design a scheme to make it work.  Ive never been a fan and he is exactly what i expected him to be 

On 11/29/2016 at 7:19 PM, Coltfreak said:

Again.   No one is getting fired.  

Awesome.

NFL Network just flashed a stat - Chuck is 1-7 in his last 8 primetime games - meaning games not played against chumps or the AFC South .   

I'm fairly certain the Manning/Dungy/Polian era Colts faired slightly better in primetime . 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Awesome.

NFL Network just flashed a stat - Chuck is 1-7 in his last 8 primetime games - meaning games not played against chumps or the AFC South .   

I'm fairly certain the Manning/Dungy/Polian era Colts faired slightly better in primetime . 

I'm not saying he shouldn't be. I'm just saying he won't be 

26 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't be. I'm just saying he won't be 

No, I get it.  You've made it pretty clear where you stand.

And in sober everyday English, fared generally doesn't include an "i".

2 hours ago, #12. said:

Awesome.

Aside from playing the Patriots, seemed like Manning's Colts always dominated teams in primetime. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice IF we make a switch.

I was NOT impressed with McDaniels in Denver.      (Who was?)

But I suspect he's learned from his mistakes and has displayed the kind of creativity and understanding of offense that we need....      

Certainly worth watching.....

It is not really his football knowledge that is the problem, but his maturity and ability to lead. This was clearly lacking in Denver. You could even say he was the opposite of Pagano! Only time will tell if he has changed when another team gives him a chance. Not sure I want it to be the Colts. 

Imagine Irsay went out and got Adam Gase last year...

Not sure how credible this source is, so I won't think much of it. Regarding Josh McDaniels, I don't know though. If they do hire McDaniels, I have a feeling it will either go REALLY well, or REALLY awful. And if it's the latter, that's at least another 2 + years off of the Luck's career. 

If they do make a coaching change, I fully expect them to miss the playoffs again next season as the new coach tries to implement his system and playbook, especially on a team that may go through a lot of roster turnover, particularly on defense.

If Irsay decides it's time for Pags to go, he better make sure the guy he finds is the absolute right guy for the job. This is a pivotal part in Luck's career, and I'm sure Jim knows it.

He po'd Cutler when Jay found out he was looking to trade him, resulting in Cutler pouting his way out of Denver. Short term, it was bad but imagine Denver winning a Super Bowl with that jerk at qb. So on hindsight, maybe McDaniels knew what he was doing and as noted, he is no longer a kid.

34 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

lmao he doesn't need Bill's approval

Relationships matter in coaching. McDaniels has been with Belichik and the Patrioits for 12+ years. I think Belichik would have some influence on McDaniels choosing to accept a head coaching offer or not.

Minus Brady, McDaniels' offenses in Denver and St. Louis looked nothing like the New England offense.   One might think, well, in Indy he would have Luck, so the results might be similar.  I'm not so sure.  Luck is a different type of QB.  If I were to draw some historic comparison to Luck, I'm not exactly sure who it would be, but it wouldn't be Brady.

Regardless, in the best case scenario, say McDaniels does improve this offense, bringing it up to something similar to a Manning level offense.  Where would you be, then?  Nowhere near a title.  As a team, with this abomination of a defense, you would only be slightly better than you are now.

2 hours ago, JetLife_XCVI said:

IndySportsOne reporting the Colts may look at Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for the coaching job if Irsay decides to let go of Pagano. What do you guys think? 

I've just never been interested in Josh McDaniels at all as a head coach..probably due to his time in Denver

24 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Dunno, as others have said, it would be a gamble. Now, if Rex Ryan is fired in Buffalo and would accept to be DC under McDaniels, we could be on to something, but not sure how those two would come along.

Todd Bowles also looks like a man that will be looking for a DC job. 

Pretty please Mr Irsay make this happen???  Any coach that's learned from Belichick and then had the good sense to turn to Dungy for advice after his first failure, sounds like a good choice to me.  Dynasties are more than just X's & O's.  They're about creating winning cultures for an organization.  If McDaniels can combine what he's learned from Belichick about fundamentals, preparation, & "doing your job" and the lessons from Dungy about creating positive relationships between himself and his staff and players, we could create a dynastic winning culture once again.  The Pagano/Grigson experiment is over. We're gonna have good cap room & a decent draft position. I believe McDaniels has enough to work with on offense, minus a position or two. So build this defense in the offseason and we're right back in control of the AFC South next year. 

Let's bring Nick Caserio as GM and then hire Josh as HC lol hell BB is even saying they all should be considered for jobs with other teams. If they both want to go to a strong franchise you can't get no better then the team that was second only to the Pats the past 20 years!! 

PS we also have Andrew Luck!

McDaniel could have learned from his mistakes in Denver. Him calling dungy after he left Denver, at least shows how much he is willing to learn from his mistakes. I mean he at least can do that, although I have yet to see pagano learn from his own mistakes and play calling style. 

Right now how can we know this would be an upgrade for our colts? Beyond him willing to learn idk what else shows he's worth a HC gig. 

I dont think irsay likes anyone enough to replace grigson and co

who I wanted last year. Brillant offensive mind that takes advantage of different matchups with different skill players something we dont do at all not to mention a great QB whisperer. He turned matt freakin cassel to a 60+ million dollar QB. you just worry about the BB coaching tree though. not many success stories. If we do lose out which is what I expect(well maybe we'll beat the jags) then I do expect pagano and grigs to be fired 

11 hours ago, JetLife_XCVI said:

IndySportsOne reporting the Colts may look at Pats offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for the coaching job if Irsay decides to let go of Pagano. What do you guys think? 

pure speculation. but if it'd happen, i'd be okay with it.

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No thank you.  But I do think that if the Colts lose by a big margin today that there is a strong chance he will let Pagano go tomorrow and Gruden will be the target.  If the Colts win I think everybody returns for another year. 

watch us blow out the Vikings in their home turf haha

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Good choice IF we make a switch.

I was NOT impressed with McDaniels in Denver.      (Who was?)

But I suspect he's learned from his mistakes and has displayed the kind of creativity and understanding of offense that we need....      

Certainly worth watching.....

He didn't have a really good QB in Denver and didn't have the players he needed to run the defense he wanted to run.