Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts not done addressing lackluster running game

lollygagger8

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope we dont waste a 1st round on a runningback this year like seriously runningbacks you can get anywhere shesh even boom herron was good for us and idc if we had AP we need to fix our OL  so we can be able to run... look what mcfadden did for the cowboys.. he wouldnt put those numbers up with us!! its theOL.. ik hes not saying hes going rb first round but id atleast wait till next year when the "year of the runningbacks" class is here to get a RB im fine with what we have with the new additions fix the OL

13 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

http://cbs4indy.com/2016/03/23/colts-not-done-addressing-lackluster-running-game/

“There’s those elite backs that are going to be in this draft,’’ he said. “You have an elite back that’s in your midst (and) that’s hard to pass on sometimes as well.’’

It sounds like he's talking about Ezekiel Elliot who is the second coming of Edgerin James IMO. But the best way to address the lackluster running game is to fix the O-Line you can have an average back go over 1000 yards behind an above average or solid Line.

13 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

"With the 18th pick of the 2016 draft the Indianapolis Colts pick Ezekiel Elliott"

If that happens Colts fans will........

mind-blown.jpg

if that happens, i will personally supply the rope for the gallows

Whoever we draft in the first round better be a contributor. Personally I would be disappointed if we went with a RB in round 1 knowing the issues that need to be address at OL and Rush LB. I think you are more likely to get a good RB in lets say the 3rd or 4th round than you are to get a good Rush LB or OT. That's just my observation.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Both Ezekiel Elliott and Laquon Treadwell, I will pray will be taken before #18.

I will hold a pitchfork vigil outside 56th St. if one of them is taken, just kidding :):) 

No way on Treadwell - but Zeke makes sense (and not just because I'm a Buckeye).

You have to admit, RB is a position of need going forward.  We can't just keep taking guys in the late rounds and hope they work out.  None have so far, right?  Definition of insanity and all that.

So, here's my argument - name any guy at any position you'd want in the first round, and I bet there's a guy who's going to be nearly just as good available in the second.

No one is going to be as good as Zeke in the second.  I don't want to get my hopes up because I think he'll be gone before our pick.  But if we took him, my head would explode from happiness.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

Here's the thing.....would Zeke provide more value at rb than anyone else at their position who might be available at 18?

no one can answer that for sure.  if the board falls a certain way i'd be ok with him

I wouldn't mind Zeke. You could get players as good at the other positions people want us to take in the later rounds. No one later will be as good as Zeke. He's probably better than anyone in the 2017 class as well.

But to give an example of what I'm talking about:

Some people want edge guys like Lawson or Spence, but you could get Calhoun, Fackrell, or Correa later.

Some want OL like Kelly and Conklin but you can get Dahl, Westerman, Martin, Allen, etc...later.

No later round RB can be just as good as Zeke. He's already really good in pass protection among other things.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Colts take running back in the 1st round. This forum will explode.

I would be fine with it if it's Zeke. He'd give us 8+ years of a great run game that we haven't had since Edge. He's also a good pass blocker and catcher which I'm sure the Colts like. I doubt he's even available at 18 but if he is I wouldn't be mad if he's the pick.

We have way too many holes to fill than to take a RB in the 1st round IMO. Elliott is going to be a top 10 back in the NFL, but I'd rather get a star offensive lineman or a star defensive player at 18. A lot of very good RB's go in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round. And there's some good one's in this years class that we could get in one of those three rounds. My pick right now would be Kenneth Dixon. I wouldn't mind any of the following in the 3rd or 4th. But 1 or 2 of these guys will go in the 2nd.

Kenneth Dixon

Paul Perkins

Alex Collins

CJ Prosise

Jordan Howard

Jonathan Williams

I think Elliott, Henry, and Booker will be the first 3 off the board. And does anybody know anything about Jhurell Pressley? He looks really good in his highlights. He looks to have great footwork, great cuts, and looks explosive as hell, but I don't remember him at the combine, and didn't even realize he was in the draft this year. Seen he ran a 4.38 40 at New Mexico's pro day. Also I want us to get Keith Marshall bad. He could be the biggest steal of this draft. I think he'll definitely fall to the 5th or maybe even later. We should be all over that. If that kid can stay healthy he can be a very good back. Dixon/Prosise in the 3rd, and Marshall in the 5th or so could give us an elite RB duo for the next 4 years or so anyway.

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I would be fine with it if it's Zeke. He'd give us 8+ years of a great run game that we haven't had since Edge. He's also a good pass blocker and catcher which I'm sure the Colts like. I doubt he's even available at 18 but if he is I wouldn't be mad if he's the pick.

I think hes way gone by 18. Theres some descent o-lines ahead of 18 that would grab him.(hopefully not in our division).

30 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

What about Kenyan Drake,Ala. in the 3rd/4th round?

If we don't get Zeke, Drake would be a steal in the 4th.  He's more of a Reggie Bush type, not an every down back like Elliott.

i wouldn't be surprised if he has a better career than Henry.

9 minutes ago, jim scheurich said:

I think hes way gone by 18. Theres some descent o-lines ahead of 18 that would grab him.(hopefully not in our division).

Honestly I do like Elliott A LOT...but I think we have bigger needs to address on the OL and at rush end that I would feel more comfortable addressing. Had we selected him last year at our pick I would have been totally ok with it though.

Hopefully Tennessee takes him at 1 imo....since they seem to be collecting rbs and they don't have a line to run behind yet.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

If we don't get Zeke, Drake would be a steal in the 4th.  He's more of a Reggie Bush type, not an every down back like Elliott.

i wouldn't be surprised if he has a better career than Henry.

I have him in my mock, rd. 4. And he would be a weapon in the passing game.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Honestly I do like Elliott A LOT...but I think we have bigger needs to address on the OL and at rush end that I would feel more comfortable addressing. Had we selected him last year at our pick I would have been totally ok with it though.

Hopefully Tennessee takes him at 1 imo....since they seem to be collecting rbs and they don't have a line to run behind yet.

can only hope... I think their OL is going to get better, unfortunately..