Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts not done addressing lackluster running game

lollygagger8

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Colts said they were looking for a Darren Sproles type of back.  I think Fred Taylors son Kelvin Taylor is interesting.  He runs very similar to Fred Taylor and it very shifty.  Never fumbled the football in his entire college career so very reliable.  Very good zone runner.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I remember the Colts said they were looking for a Darren Sproles type of back.  I think Fred Taylors son Kelvin Taylor is interesting.  He runs very similar to Fred Taylor and it very shifty.  Never fumbled the football in his entire college career so very reliable.  Very good zone runner.

I was thinking Drake out of Bama, but I agree with you. I think a RB will get picked, but I'd like to see talent found in later rounds, not the first. 

25 minutes ago, MSColtsFan said:

I was thinking Drake out of Bama, but I agree with you. I think a RB will get picked, but I'd like to see talent found in later rounds, not the first. 

I saw Grigson mention Vic Ballard so he must be looking for something in the latter rounds most likely I think .

Great pick a RB will be so because of their long running hall of frame offensive line personnel so I'll be the first to say the following....."Luck is down and not moving. He appears to be holding his ribs area and right shoulder. A stretcher is coming on to the field.  Stay tuned".

37 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

If we get Zeke, then we have to commit to the run.  Heck, we need to commit to it anyway, regardless. 

Remember what Addai looked like his first couple seasons?   Remember what he looked like when the Oline went to turd?  

I would rsther draft draft a punter in the first than a RB.

Just now, BOTT said:

Remember what Addai looked like his first couple seasons?   Remember what he looked like when the Oline went to turd?  

I would rsther draft draft a punter in the first than a RB.

Don't you curse us.  As long as McAfee is breathing, don't you talk about drafting a punter.  Blasphemer... Blasphemor? ... Blasphemermer... You know what I'm getting at... :clover:

Zeke is a three headed monster!  A three down back. We need Zeke the beast.  Why keep settling for later round draft picks that turn out to be bust after bust?  Wasted pick after pick in hopes of getting lucky.  Of course we could sign Bradshaw again. That will make a difference.  If we are lucky enough to see him fall close to us at 18 go get him.  Then we can get a center in the second round and bam we have helped out Luck tremendously.  I can only hope. 

4 hours ago, jim scheurich said:

Yeah Gore had some ball handling problems, Colts didn't play him as their only RB. They tried to save him from excessive wear and tear. Plus New team, and getting the ball from different QB's all the time. I think Gore is still pretty solid.

Well, the fact that they didn't overuse him further supports the idea that his 3.7 yards per carry is more due to age than playing time. 

48 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Zeke is a three headed monster!  A three down back. We need Zeke the beast.  Why keep settling for later round draft picks that turn out to be bust after bust?  Wasted pick after pick in hopes of getting lucky.  Of course we could sign Bradshaw again. That will make a difference.  If we are lucky enough to see him fall close to us at 18 go get him.  Then we can get a center in the second round and bam we have helped out Luck tremendously.  I can only hope. 

I'm in the camp of if he's there at 18 and we can't trade down, then Zeke would be fine with me. However, if we traded UP to get im, I'd be livid. We need MORE draft picks to fill out this roster. I'd be trying to drop and get as many 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and/or 2017 picks as we can. If the Rams would do it, I'd be fine with trading our first for their two 2nd rounders. I think we need to get as many young high-upside players we can develop as we are able to. Those 3 second rounders could be used on upgrading 3 different positions. I'm thinking Karl Joseph to replace Adams, Kelly/Martin or a G to upgrade the interior of the OLINE, and a flyer on Jaylon Smith if he checks out. If you're not comfortable with him there, then another O-Lineman, D-Lineman, Pass Rusher, or CB would be awesome as well.

Of course, that's assuming there's nobody we LOVE at #18.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I love this.  Once I got to " We need Zeke the beast", I started reading it like one of those infomercials - "Why keep settling for later round draft picks America?  It's just bust after bust, hoping you get lucky.  America, it's time to go with the winning pick.  Ezekiel Elliot and Ryan Kelly will clean up that mess! Guaranteed!

Question to the forum. Elliott isn't Gurley, but we'll still use him as the example....So. Had you rather get a Todd Gurley in the 1st, and then a lesser defensive player in the 2nd. Or had you rather get a Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd while adding a cornerstone piece to the defense in the 1st??? Because we can get an Andrew Billings, Jarran Reed, Noah Spence, Leonard Floyd, Mackenzie Alexander, or Reggie Ragland in the 1st (even though I'm not as big on Ragland as some) and still get a 3 down feature back in the 2nd or 3rd.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

Question to the forum. Elliott isn't Gurley, but we'll still use him as the example....So. Had you rather get a Todd Gurley in the 1st, and then a lesser defensive player in the 2nd. Or had you rather get a Le'Veon Bell in the 2nd while adding a cornerstone piece to the defense in the 1st??? Because we can get an Andrew Billings, Jarran Reed, Noah Spence, Leonard Floyd, Mackenzie Alexander, or Reggie Ragland in the 1st (even though I'm not as big on Ragland as some) and still get a 3 down feature back in the 2nd or 3rd.

I don't know if we can get a 3-down feature back in the 2nd or 3rd, but Elliot would complete our triplets.

Luck, Hilton, and Elliot.  That would be a great triple-threat.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't know if we can get a 3-down feature back in the 2nd or 3rd, but Elliot would complete our triplets.

Kenneth Dixon, Jordan Howard, CJ Prosise would all be great picks. All 3 of those guys can be 1,000 yard, 4+YPC rushers. Then guys like Perkins, Collins, and Williams have that potential too. Especially Perkins and Williams. But I think the first 3 are the safer picks. The only reason I didn't list Perkins with the top 3 is because he may not be able to stay on the field in pass blocking situations, 3rd down or whatever, and we're talking about 3down backs, But he's drawn Jamal Charles comps. Kenneth Dixon is probably the 2nd best back in this class IMO. With that said. I'd be happy with any of those 6 backs in the 2nd or 3rd.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It sounds good on paper but cant just not think what good would a three headed monster do when our defense is getting smoked with 10 yard passes and the offending QB has all day to pick us apart? Not to mention Luck being rushed, hit and sacked ? 

28 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

3 down feature back? Hope the kid has fun getting the crap knocked out of him.

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I agree. The most important thing the Colts have to do is get the pass defended with a pass rusher and linebacker play and secondly protect Luck. We will be lucky to find two starters in the draft. If we somehow got three starters it would be considered a jackpot.

16 minutes ago, BOTT said:

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree. The most important thing the Colts have to do is get the pass defended with a pass rusher and linebacker play and secondly protect Luck. We will be lucky to find two starters in the draft. If we somehow got three starters it would be considered a jackpot.

People didn't like the James pick 15 years ago, but it worked out.  I could see the same happening with Elliott.

15 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

People didn't like the James pick 15 years ago, but it worked out.  I could see the same happening with Elliott.

I don't think people had a problem with drafting a RB at the time James was picked rather than most wanted Williams. We really didn't have a starting RB after Faulk was traded. I know most drafts have Elliot available but I have a gut feeling some team is going to pull the trigger on him a lot earlier than what some think. I could be wrong but with the signing of a couple of RBs by the Colts I just feel they wont use a first round pick on a RB. I say that because of the strong defensive players available in this draft.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think people had a problem with drafting a RB at the time James was picked rather than most wanted Williams. We really didn't have a starting RB after Faulk was traded. I know most drafts have Elliot available but I have a gut feeling some team is going to pull the trigger on him a lot earlier than what some think. I could be wrong but with the signing of a couple of RBs by the Colts I just feel they wont use a first round pick on a RB. I say that because of the strong defensive players available in this draft.

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It sounds good on paper but cant just not think what good would a three headed monster do when our defense is getting smoked with 10 yard passes and the offending QB has all day to pick us apart? Not to mention Luck being rushed, hit and sacked ? 

Peyton, Marv, and Edge would like to have a conversation with you about offense.  A legit triplet threat can keep an offense on the field for extended drives.  Which helps the defense.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Peyton, Marv, and Edge would like to have a conversation with you about offense.  A legit triplet threat can keep an offense on the field for extended drives.  Which helps the defense.

Yeah, one super bowl win in 14 years.

Wonder if Arian Foster will be healthy by the start of the season???? I wouldn't mind him for a year. He and Gore could bridge the gap until we get our back of the future in the 2017 draft. When (hopefully) we have fewer holes to fill on D, and again (hopefully) none of the O-Line. Or how about Ronnie Hillman? Why is he still unsigned anyway? He's 24 and has averaged over 4YPC the last 3 years. Including 863 yards, 7 TD's, and 4.2 YPC last year.

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Wonder if Arian Foster will be healthy by the start of the season???? I wouldn't mind him for a year. He and Gore could bridge the gap until we get our back of the future in the 2017 draft. When (hopefully) we have fewer holes to fill on D, and again (hopefully) none of the O-Line. Or how about Ronnie Hillman? Why is he still unsigned anyway? He's 24 and has averaged over 4YPC the last 3 years. Including 863 yards, 7 TD's, and 4.2 YPC last year.

Foster is still available, but the last FA from Houston didn't work out so well...

Hillman could be useful.  Does he have off-field issues? Why isn't he with a team yet?

If they draft Elliott though, I think both guys would be obsolete.  We'll see.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Too bad he was never the same after year 2

He was better than most of the rest of the league until we released him.  But please enlighten us on who the Colts could've had instead, realistically, with our at-the-time salary cap situation...

Kinda like the Manning decision, we just parted ways at the right time.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He was better than most of the rest of the league until we released him.  But please enlighten us on who the Colts could've had instead, realistically, with our at-the-time salary cap situation...

Kinda like the Manning decision, we just parted ways at the right time.

I dunno...they could have drafted a rookie and signed a journeyman and won a SB.  Oh wait, they did.  There is no reason to spend big money on a RB.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So then what was the point of even drafting James? or Faulk?  I mean, I guess we can just sign guys off the street and win a SB...

I wouldn't have drafted them.  Although the year edge was drafted the rest of the 1st round was horrible..with a couple exceptions.

Who was the real MVP of the colts SB win?  A journeyman RB running behind a good offensive line.

Just now, BOTT said:

I wouldn't have drafted them.  Although the year edge was drafted the rest of the 1st round was horrible..with a couple exceptions.

Who was the real MVP of the colts SB win?  A journeyman RB running behind a good offensive line.

Please don't give the offense credit for winning that SB.  The offense was good for years.  It wasn't until the D stepped up and played lights out that the Colts won a SB.

If you want to give Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai credit for that, you go ahead.

Sadly, the real MVP of that whole playoff run was Bob Sanders...

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Please don't give the offense credit for winning that SB.  The offense was good for years.  It wasn't until the D stepped up and played lights out that the Colts won a SB.

If you want to give Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai credit for that, you go ahead.

Sadly, the real MVP of that whole playoff run was Bob Sanders...

dont do that.  You know that's not what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

dont do that.  You know that's not what I'm saying.

I don't know what you're saying most of the time because most of your responses are less than a sentence, and you don't explain anything until pressured to...

And your posts are usually negative.  I don't know why I'm even participating in this.  Oh, I know why.  It's past my bedtime.

Night!

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't know what you're saying most of the time because most of your responses are less than a sentence, and you don't explain anything until pressured to...

And your posts are usually negative.  I don't know why I'm even participating in this.  Oh, I know why.  It's past my bedtime.

Night!

for some reason you decided to be an *. I thought we were just having a conversation. Oh well......

14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Night!

Be careful man. Ray Donovan is a dangerous man to p*** off. He'll threaten you or plant something on you to get you banned from the board.