Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts RB Vick Ballard expects to be ready for Training Camp

TKnight24

Colts Running Back Vick Ballard "Definitely" Expects to be Back for Training Camp http://t.co/IukLQfQToz

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

April 23, 2015

In my own opinion, not expecting anything from Ballard. Honestly don't even see him making the team with him missing the past 2 seasons, but anything is possible and we could use all the help we can get from anyone who can help take the Burden of carrying this team off of Luck's shoulders

:colts:

Colts Running Back Vick Ballard "Definitely" Expects to be Back for Training Camp http://t.co/IukLQfQToz

April 23, 2015

In my own opinion, not expecting anything from Ballard. Honestly don't even see him making the team with him missing the past 2 seasons, but anything is possible and we could use all the help we can get from anyone who can help take the Burden of carrying this team off of Luck's shoulders

He impressed when he played but 2 years of injury's is tough. But any thing is better then seeing Trent Richardson 

He impressed when he played but 2 years of injury's is tough. But any thing is better then seeing Trent Richardson

No question I'm happy Trent is gone but here's my point...... the shelf life of a RB in the NFL is short. Ballard has missed 2 years already with injuries. That's not good for him

No question I'm happy Trent is gone but here's my point...... the shelf life of a RB in the NFL is short. Ballard has missed 2 years already with injuries. That's not good for him

RBs shelf lives are short because of the pounding their bodies take. Ballard's body has had 2 years to rest (granted he was injured).

I see no reason why Ballard can't be the same guy he was pre-injuries. He's still young and it's not like he was a burner in the first place.

I like Ballard a lot I loved the pick when we got him. He was a very underrated player out of Mississippi State. I think the 2 years without football game time will hurt him a bit, but I think training camp and preseason we should see what type of player he will be after the time without football. In my opinion he is my dark horse to make the roster as #3 running back this year. I think if he makes the roster as #3 and getting back into game shape he could eventually work his way up the roster again. I hope this years back group is Gore, Herron, Ballard and Tipton on the PS. Although I am not opposed to taking a RB in this years draft as there is a deep talent pool this year.

Hope for the best...but don't expect anything really. It would just be a nice bonus. I liked him when we selected him...a nice find in the draft....can't predict injuries but what could have been. Had he stayed healthy...we may not have selected Trent....and who knows who we would have drafted last year.

The obvious concerns are his future health and reliability, but I also worry about how long it takes to get back to a high level of play after missing two full seasons. He was an excellent rookie who was on pace for a 1000+ yard season if he'd have started all year.

April 23, 2015

Id keep him as the 4th stringer. Just so the pats wont pick him up and have him run over 200 yards.

April 23, 2015

Oh! I see him making the team as the # 2 RB. He's a beast when healthy. Gore and Ballard as a 1, 2 punch. Should be a great running game this year.

Agreed. For a RB with his talents it's around 6 years. So I'd he could come back, it'd only be for 2-3 seasons. I see the Colts drafting a RB because the class is so deep. They've had visits with Mike Davis and Josh Robinson so I think his chances of making the team are slim.

I prefer not having players taking up a roster spot that most likely won't be there at the end of the season.

Find me one NFL team that had the same 53 start to finish last season.. If a guy provides a positive contribution in excess of any roster options at that point in time it's good move, even if it's for one single game.

Ahh Lawrence Guy... I miss you.