Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts RB Vick Ballard expects to be ready for Training Camp

TKnight24

Find me one NFL team that had the same 53 start to finish last season.. If a guy provides a positive contribution in excess of any roster options at that point in time it's good move, even if it's for one single game.

Ahh Lawrence Guy... I miss you.

One game? Maybe 6 or 8 games as long as it's at the back end of the season for the playoffs, but guys like

Bradshaw and Ballard with a history of injuries that doesn't allow them to sniff postseason is a wasted

roster spot. That time could be spent giving a guy like Boom some experience.

A guy like Bob Sanders coming back in time for the XLI run then I agree.

Frank Gore had 2 season-ending injuries in college, now is the most durable player in the league. I can see this happening.

Nice point! Vick Ballard deserves a shot at making this team. We're certainly gonna find out. On a personal note, I hope he rakes the coals with all of his nay-sayers.

The past 2 seasons could work out as a bonus for Vick. Not playing for 2 years might actually prolong his career. He will be up for a new contract after this year, and if he plays well without any injuries then he might get a modest to decent deal. Had the past 2 seasons been the last 2 years on his deal then he might be finished in the NFL. I guess it's all in how you look at it.

I sincerely hope Ballard returns to his Rookie form after the 2 years sat out, but I wouldn't count on it. I am going into the 2015/16 season expecting it to be Gore > Boom > draft pick to start the season on the depth chart. Anything above that is a bonus.?

I'm a huge Ballard fan, it's just whether or not he can play to his pre-injuries form.

Agreed. For a RB with his talents it's around 6 years. So I'd he could come back, it'd only be for 2-3 seasons.

that's ridiculous.  the dude is 24 years old.

I find it funny that people think he's a longshot to make the roster.  he's better than Herron, and Tipton isn't even in the same league.

Good to hear that he will be ready for TC, but I never saw VB as a workhorse.

I think that his ceiling was a #2 in a committee before the injuries. If he comes back healthy, then he is probably our #2 this season, but I wouldn't want to roll with just Ballard, Boom, and/or Tipton if Gore were to be injured.

RBs that can run through big holes can be found at the bottom of the draft or even later... Outside of Gore, the guys (yes, even Boom) on the roster could be replaced with 6th and 7th round rookies with no discernable drop off in talent or production, IMO.