Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Video of Robert Mathis New Move

HtownColt

@mchappell51: Great viewing from colts.com video. At about 2 minute mark. Robert Mathis at his ridiculous best. http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Training-Camp-Daily-Recap-08-14-2013/b356dac2-4f59-400e-9783-0267a01844de

Just Spinning around and sacking them down, though too have to say he almost spun himself down but successfully stopped his own movement and went back inside

will have to wait and see if works in a game & is fast enough

Yeah, I really don't get the hype here. It may work once on a LT, but if he ever tries it again, he'll probably be eating turf.

Looks cool... Don't think it's really a viable tool, though

For the record, my opinion is worth little! I'm probably hilariously wrong. haha

I wasn't impressed. Probably just me but, the whole spin and juke looked slow... which made Castonzo look REALLY slow.

I don't really see that working in a game to many times.

I agree with you guys.  It doesn't look like something that could happen in a game.  It's like shooting half court shots at basketball practice.  It's cool when it goes in, but not something you can rely on

"In practice, it's worked a few times," said Mathis. "It's not something I'm going to go out and do every, single time. I've done it once, and it was years back in a Tennessee game. I got a quarterback pressure. That's about it."-Mathis

I agree with you guys.  It doesn't look like something that could happen in a game.  It's like shooting half court shots at basketball practice.  It's cool when it goes in, but not something you can rely on

Exactly.  It's a fun one on one move.  He gets drilled into the ground by the G or RB on the inside dip in a real game.