Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rodgers Arrested Last Night, released (merge)

Blackhawk4

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

INDIANAPOLIS–Police arrested Colts wide receiver Da’Rick Rogers on a DUI charge early Monday morning. Cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy was riding passenger.

The IUPUI Police Department pulled over 23-year old Rogers at 3:35 a.m. after he was seen driving on and over the yellow line near West 16th and Indiana Street on the IUPUI campus.

He was breathalyzed and registered a BAC of at least .08% and less than .15%.

Rogers is in his second season with the Colts.

http://fox59.com/2014/09/29/darick-rogers-arrested-for-dui/

If it was .08 , that is not a lot of alcohol. Not saying that he should be excused just saying that not too long ago that was barely over what was the legal amount.

If it was .08 , that is not a lot of alcohol. Not saying that he should be excused just saying that not too long ago that was barely over what was the legal amount.

The real question is, why is a guy with his sketchy background driving around at 3:30 am after having anything to drink? I get that he's young, but when I was his age, the only place I was going at 3:30 in the morning was back from lunch during my 3rd shift grocery night manager job. 

To be honest with you I'm mad about Da'rick screwing up his chance, but I have always been a bit curious about Josh Lenz.  I think he's got some potential as well.  Very fast receiver with good hands who reminds me a lot of Anthony Gonzalez.  I suppose he'll be getting elevated to the 53 now that Darick is gone.  Could be wrong though.  I think Luck could do some things with Lenz if the need arose.

Dewey McDonald was elevated to the 53, not Lenz. 

I think they are canning him for the lack of judgement overall.  Between college, the punt of the ball at Cincy, and this they are cutting ties.

I guess they got fed up and wanted to send him a message.  I really wanted to see him prosper, but it didn't come to be I suppose.

First issue we know of has a young guy with a troubled past with him. Rogers has made one catch for this team nothing else I would send him packing ASAP

He is a healthy scratch every week anyway. Guy is totally expendable I would not mess around with him no need to WR is a position on strength.

It opens a spot for one of those S we have been looking at

Dewey McDonald was elevated to the 53, not Lenz. 

I didn't say he was.  Mcdonald is a safety so I'm sure that will be to replace Colt Anderson who is injured, but if the Colts are going to continue with 6 WR on the roster like they did with Rogers then they will have to elevate Lenz or Lankford to the 53 at some point.

haha, I almost forgot that people were having those conversations. I mean, maybe not HOF, but there were many who certainly overstated his abilities.

Well there were some who crowned him the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice so guess it was fitting to give him the HOF title since Jerry got his haha

I do think sometimes we forget that football players are human beings too.  Not saying it is okay to drink and drive, but we often act so amazed they would mess up like that.  But in society, 23 year old people do dumb things like that.  They usually don't lose their jobs for it.

I wish Rodgers well.  He has great talent.  I was worried when he was inactive all the time he might lose interest and do something irresponsible just because of his past.  I hope he straightens it out and has a great career.  Just not with New England :)