Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Graham Article Involving Colts

Gibbons180

Hey everybody,

The off-season continues to drag on with little to no news. I saw on Twitter and on NFL Insiders on ESPN at 3:30pm involving this topic (which I will post the link) but take it as you will. Just thought id share and start a discussion.

Thanks---http://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-falcons-colts-packers-could-have-interest-in-signing-jimmy-graham-to-offer-sheet/

GO COLTS

Hey everybody,

The off-season continues to drag on with little to no news. I saw on Twitter and on NFL Insiders on ESPN at 3:30pm involving this topic (which I will post the link) but take it as you will. Just thought id share and start a discussion.

Thanks---http://nfltraderumors.co/patriots-falcons-colts-packers-could-have-interest-in-signing-jimmy-graham-to-offer-sheet/

GO COLTS

Holy Smokes that is a bad rumor.  They have good TE's as it is, are already training another b-ball player turned TE, and would in no way part with the picks it would require.

What? We got 2 young guys, let them develop. We have plenty of big contracts were gonna have to fork our here in the next two years anyways. Hed definitely be a nice option to have in the passing game but I think we are good with what we have in house.

How about we make sure we have an O Line. It would be nice to stop the run too. We are only mentioned because we have cap space I doubt the interest is mutual. I for one hope Grigs is done giving away 1st round picks

Meh don't believe and if it happens I'd be ticked, He is a great talent but not worth giving up to 1st round picks seeing as how we have two young and talented TE's, I sure would not give up a chance to get Vic Beasley for Graham

All signs point to Dwayne Allen being 100% healthy and ready to go -- unless we're missing something and the team is worried about his health, this makes very little sense. I know we are looking to get bigger WR targets for Luck, and it seems like Graham would most likely be used more as a WR than a TE if we got him, but between Nicks, Moncrief and Rogers we have 3 good sized WR's that are probably faster than Graham is.

$10 mil a year contract, give up two #1 draft picks, yeah right this makes sense???

Hell, we can probably re-sign both Allen & Fleener   for not a whole lot more than $10 mil a year.

Dang, keep the money and the draft picks, It's not a position of need right now!

I wont believe it till I see Graham with a horse shoe on his head and even then I don't think I'll believe it.

I think this is lazy reporting because I think the person just saw we had the cap space to pay for him.  With that said no one thought we would trade for a running back last year either.  If you have a chance to get a better player at a position even if you have good players at that position you take it.  Still I don't see this happening. 

I'm pretty sure we're only mentioned because we could actually afford it.   I don't see the need, and don't think it will happen.  However, with the way Grigs throws draft picks around, I really wouldn't be all that shocked.

Not worth the cap money considering what we have.  Other teams would have good reason to be interested, but I don't think we would.  

No sense in spending $10 million plus to improve a position that is at the bottom of the list in terms of areas that need improvement.

It would likely give Andrew Luck a huge boost in fantasy value but I doubt it would give us a lot more W's.

I'm pretty sure we're only mentioned because we could actually afford it.   I don't see the need, and don't think it will happen.  However, with the way Grigs throws draft picks around, I really wouldn't be all that shocked.

Somehow it wouldn't completely surprise me because with the Trent trade I get the feeling that Grigs likes to make the occasional splash move.  

However there are so many other places that we could spend that cap money that need more help.