Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NO ONE is picking us to win Sunday.

Indyfan4life

"NO ONE is picking us to win Sunday"....

That's because we are probably going to lose if we play our average expected game...fall behind by 14 points or more while Pep tinkers with the run game...then claw and scratch to get back in the game while Andrew gets pummeled by the opposing D...it is getting old.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares really, I expect Mathis to have what could be a career day vs Sowell, Im also expecting Werner to have a decent(if he is close to 100 percent) day to, I'd be disappointed if we don't come away with 1 sack at least and several hits on Palmer.

Is this a typo?    Or did you mean to write 1 sack and several hits?

I believe if we only have 1 sack and several hits on Palmer,  we will lose -- even possibly even lose big.

We need a minimum of 3 sacks (hopefully more) and twice as many hits on their QB.....

1 sacks will not cut it....   not even close.

That's why I'm guessing your comment was a typo.....

Either way,   thanks....

Not really supprised with how we have been playing honestly. Cards are solid and hot right now and were shaky at best. Plus they are at home. Things right now are kinda in the Cards advantage. But we have Luck so we always have a chance to win.

Hot or playing poor teams? Talented defense nonetheless

Maybe we should have an intra-squad scrimmage 30 minutes prior to the game...that way, maybe, we'll actually come out and start playing from the get-go.

Like a few others have mentioned, I don't blame the "experts" for choosing the Cards. We haven't done anything lately to make them think otherwise. Ideally, hopefully Larry Fitz scores 2-3 touchdowns (fantasy football makes me such a conflicted fan at times :Cry: )..but the Colts come away with the W. With that said, I feel like we're going to drop this game and lose it sadly..hopefully I'm wrong though. On the bright side, if we do lose, I will stare at this ridiculously silly photo to make me feel better

7993674353_634a6b11a0_z.jpg

I think we could win....

I think we should win....

But I will not be surprised if we do not win.

I think this will be a much harder game than most here believe....   Much.

Your rhyming there reminded me of a Dr. Seuss book I guess NCF. Not a criticism. It just make me chuckle.  :D It's not a rant to say we can't win, but I won't lead that chant personally.  :hat:

So being picked to lose, is a surprise to whom?

We have played maybe 3.5 good quarters of football of our last 12 quarters.

If we don't get out of this slow start, then play catch-up MO,there is trouble ahead.

At present this team is not playing playoff calibre football.

Hopefully we turned the corner in the second half last week...

I will believe it when we put together four good quarters of ball.

We've been hanging on by a fingernail, we need to start kicking some butt!

GO :coltslogo:

Of course they didn't pick us. We have been playing like crap and lost our best WR. We will win this weekend and get back on track. I'll be at the game cheering us on.

Instead of cheering them on you might want to get in and play the first half because they can use all the help they can get in the first 30 minutes. :funny:

Is this a typo?    Or did you mean to write 1 sack and several hits?

I believe if we only have 1 sack and several hits on Palmer,  we will lose -- even possibly even lose big.

We need a minimum of 3 sacks (hopefully more) and twice as many hits on their QB.....

1 sacks will not cut it....   not even close.

That's why I'm guessing your comment was a typo.....

Either way,   thanks....

Well I said at least 1, Im expecting a couple but I have come away disappointed before

who cares really, I expect Mathis to have what could be a career day vs Sowell, Im also expecting Werner to have a decent(if he is close to 100 percent) day to, I'd be disappointed if we don't come away with 1 sack at least and several hits on Palmer.

Time for Werner to show us he was worth a first round pick.

So being picked to lose, is a surprise to whom?

We have played maybe 3.5 good quarters of football of our last 12 quarters.

If we don't get out of this slow start, then play catch-up MO,there is trouble ahead.

At present this team is not playing playoff calibre football.

Hopefully we turned the corner in the second half last week...

I will believe it when we put together four good quarters of ball.

We've been hanging on by a fingernail, we need to start kicking some butt!

GO :coltslogo:

Yeah Jmac_48, that's pretty much what frustrates me too. Why do we always start so slow & then barely manage to scrape by with a victory? Sigh...Winning tight games is important sure, but so is domination & consistency all game long. It's also the reason I believe we are not a SB contender yet. Look, it's no secret that I want to beat Bruce Arians. I just think this is our most important statement game this year. It's more significant than defeating Peyton Manning. We need to show the NFL world that BA was no solely responsible for our success last season. It's a psychological battle for credibility & independence here. 

AZ does not scare me. The Honey Badger, Larry Fitzgerald, or Carson Palmer. Let's see what Pep Hamilton can conjure up as a counter measure to BA's perceived "genius" shall we...

It don't mean anything colts will have to show up in this game Cardinals are good this year really cant sleep on these guys and I hope they can beat the cards but they need to play better for 60 minutes and stop falling behind.

Colts only seem to "show up" when they are not expected to win. I'm not saying they will without a doubt win, but I am more confident going into this game than I was against the Rams or Titans.

Yeah Jmac_48, that's pretty much what frustrates me too. Why do we always start so slow & then barely manage to scrape by with a victory? Sigh...Winning tight games is important sure, but so is domination & consistency all game long. It's also the reason I believe we are not a SB contender yet. Look, it's no secret that I want to beat Bruce Arians. I just think this is our most important statement game this year. It's more significant than defeating Peyton Manning. We need to show the NFL world that BA was no solely responsible for our success last season. It's a psychological battle for credibility & independence here. 

AZ does not scare me. The Honey Badger, Larry Fitzgerald, or Carson Palmer. Let's see what Pep Hamilton can conjure up as a counter measure to BA's perceived "genius" shall we...

I get what you are saying SW1, but I think that the Colts need to put together a "full game" effort for their own psyche, let alone any respect or regard from the media.

Coming from behind and pulling out games from the whazoo, is going to start wearing on this team, this young team has to get some swagger back. We've had some great victories, and some dumb losses. They just gotta start playing from the get-go like they do when their backs are to the wall.

That's what championship teams do, these guys need to develop a killer instinct...

Get up on teams and keep the "pedal to the metal"

I just see so much potential if this team executes for a full four quarters!

Just think what could be when players get back next year and Grigs fixes the O-line

WOW! I want to see it!

Yes, and hes currently the worst graded lineman on the worst o line in the NFL. Protecting the statue of a QB that is Carson Palmer no less. Mathis's mouth has to be watering.

Most likely the only reason Mathis wont see some sort of double team is because someone messed up, or Werner just got his forth sack.

Only one I know is Gregg Rosenthal.

I can't believe you don't know who Dan Hanzus is. He's the foremost expert at, hmmmm let me see here. Let me check his Wikipedia page..... Ok no Wikipedia page, he is a graduate at Pearl River Highschool, let me see what else I can dig up on him. He has a LinkedIn profile lets check that out...... He has 5 connections on LinkedIn and he may like Alec Baldwin but not sure. Hmmm ok that's about it......

LIving here in the Phoenix area and having to stomach almost daily doses of the arrogant Bidwiils and their toy team, it truly pains me to believe the Colts will not only lose, but will lose badly. Arians seems to have the offense working as well as it has all year and the Cardinals defense is as stout as ever. Too bad we didn't play them a month or six weeks ago when we had Reggie and they still had on their training wheels.

LIving here in the Phoenix area and having to stomach almost daily doses of the arrogant Bidwiils and their toy team, it truly pains me to believe the Colts will not only lose, but will lose badly. Arians seems to have the offense working as well as it has all year and the Cardinals defense is as stout as ever. Too bad we didn't play them a month or six weeks ago when we had Reggie and they still had on their training wheels.

If you compare the positional matchups, we should win that game, regardless of what BA is doing with Palmer

Arizona is on a 3 game win streak, but the Colts have 2 more wins than those 3 teams combined...

Just saying...

Indy has shown they can beat any team & lose to any team...

Just hope they show up...

This is why I do not get why Colts fans are shocked people do not have faith in this team.  Yeah we have beat the Seahawks and Broncos, but we also got blown out in our home by the Rams.  This team is inconsistent and really has relied on the heroics of Luck to pull things out in the end.

It is harder to come back against good defensive teams. Texans and Titans are middle of the road defensive teams, they have talent but not top 10 talent, IMO.

Rams, Bengals, Chiefs, and possibly Cardinals at home have top 10 talent on the defensive side, those teams are harder to come back against, IMO.

We just cannot dig a hole in this game, period. We are 13% on 3rd down in the first quarter on offense, and giving up 62% conversion on 3rd down D in the first quarter on D the last 3 games, and I expect the Colts to clean that up this game.