Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NO ONE is picking us to win Sunday.

Indyfan4life

I really love how hostile some people on this forum get. Guess I should know better than to post something like this. 

The reaction isn't surprising, and I would guess that it's largely because of the phrase "NO ONE". The link only reference the opinions of a handful of low-end "experts". That's hardly "everyone". Your choosing to phrase it that way smacks of the "negativity" that bothers many posters (and the "everybody hates us" mentality which I'm personally not fond too of).

I've never even heard of most of those guys. Looking at other sites, perhaps 75% of analysts are picking the Cards. The line is only 3 points, which is generally considered to be a toss-up (three points are usually given for being the home team).

For perspective, 71% of all the many thousands of fans who play on Yahoo's fantasy site have selected the Colts.  http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem.

All in all, not bad for a team that hasn't been playing great recently who is crossing the country and two time zones to play a team that's 4-1 at home and has a three game winning streak. A team that's 6-1 outside of their incredibly tough division. The Colts in contrast are 4-3 outside of their incredible easy division.

But of course the Colts have more than proven that they can beat anyone - including two teams that the Cards have lost to. It's just that at this point they can probably lose to anyone too. I think that this game is incredibly hard to predict, and that if it was in Indy the "experts" picks would be near 100% for the Colts.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I checked people judge you on your last game A Colts victory over the Titans on Nov. 14th not a Nov. 10th loss. Just like a Hollywood actor, your only as good as your last performance not second to last performance in recent memory. Besides, the Rams are not in our division anyway so who cares? I don't. 

AZ is going down. Book it! 

I'm not here to rub it in. But the St. Louis game was a major red flag. Now this (Arizona). There are too many flaws, too few playmakers, in part due to injuries. It's amazing what a difference just a few players makes.

Hmmmm... No one picks us to win the Cards game and now no one picks us to win the Bengals game...Not sure this is a surprise or news....  I can't honestly say I would pick us either based on our performance and O-line lately.  But I can still pull for us to beat Ben's Gals and the experts!  GO COLTS

We weren't expected to beat Denver, SF, or Seattle either.

That was different. We had Wayne and Toler for all those games on O and D.

Right now, I think they should try a few different things like:

1. Use T.Y.Hilton like the Packers used Randall Cobb and Vikes used Percy Harvin, as a potential scat back to get him away from the #1 CB every now and then.
  2. Run screen passes for Chris Rainey 
  3. Use Da'Rick Rogers' size on the outside for more plays

This will at least keep Ds honest.

Cincy just went to San Diego and won.  That's pretty darn impressive.  I hope the Colts can pull this off.  But let's be real for a minute here.  Do you really think we can beat the Bengals, with their impressive defense and QB, looks like a long-shot.  Luck will be absolutely terrorized if our o-line doesn't come with guns-a-blazin'  ----- Oh, don't get me wrong, it's possible the Colts could win and I'm hoping and praying so we can keep pace with new england.........but it's just not likely at all.

The analysts analyze, the speculators speculate, but all of that goes out the window when two teams take the field. I, as a Colts fan, I enjoy watching the NFL Network for football news and how they break down plays and the interviews and speculations.

But I believe in my heart that the Indianapolis Colts can beat EVERY team in the National Football League. So screw them.

That was different. We had Wayne and Toler for all those games on O and D.

Right now, I think they should try a few different things like:

1. Use T.Y.Hilton like the Packers used Randall Cobb and Vikes used Percy Harvin, as a potential scat back to get him away from the #1 CB every now and then.
  2. Run screen passes for Chris Rainey 
  3. Use Da'Rick Rogers' size on the outside for more plays

This will at least keep Ds honest.

Toler is back and maybe Rogers and Rainey can help compensate for Wayne.

it doesn't matter what the so called experts picks. They are wrong 1/3-1/2 the time so who gives real credence to this prognosticators 

I don't like our chances unless our O line plays well but this is why we play the game on the field and not on paper or pixels

Who gave us a chance against SF, Seattle, Denver????