Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is the most disgusted I've ever been...

ColtStrong

I've been a fan since '72 and have seen every game since '90. This is the first week I'm not going to watch the Colts. I may not watch another game all year, since it's obvious our team is filled with losers and *s. As much as I am into it week after week, I'm going to give my sanity and heart a break by doing something constructive like going to the gym. I've run out of patience and choose to be nice to myself and not subject myself to watching this clown show any more this year. I'm done and moving on. 

Call me fair weather, (which couldn't be further from the truth) or whatever, but my mental and physical well being is more important. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

I've been a fan since '72 and have seen every game since '90. This is the first week I'm not going to watch the Colts. I may not watch another game all year, since it's obvious our team is filled with losers and *s. As much as I am into it week after week, I'm going to give my sanity and heart a break by doing something constructive like going to the gym. I've run out of patience and choose to be nice to myself and not subject myself to watching this clown show any more this year. I'm done and moving on. 

Call me fair weather, (which couldn't be further from the truth) or whatever, but my mental and physical well being is more important. 

Fan here also since 72 but will watch.

I said I'd give up on the Colts a long time ago and somehow they keep sucking me back in. I'm not sure if it's Luck's smile, Grigson's glasses, or Irsay's guitar collection.

Anyways, I guess I'll be a Texans fan now during the playoffs. I hope the wildcard game final score isn't 0-forever again, like they did last time. They gotta represent our division now and not lay an egg!

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I said I'd give up on the Colts a long time ago and somehow they keep sucking me back in. I'm not sure if it's Luck's smile, Grigson's glasses, or Irsay's guitar collection.

Anyways, I guess I'll be a Texans fan now during the playoffs. I hope the wildcard game final score isn't 0-forever again, like they did last time. They gotta represent our division now and not lay an egg!

Why u want to be a Texan fan? Not about supporting the division.

It's definitely not easy to endure this season as a Colts fan right now. Yeah, I know given our team's regular playoff routine for so long some division rivals might say INDY fans are spoiled & we are. 

I will still tune in to watch games on TV regardless. I can appreciate a break from football for health reasons though CS. You're not a fair weather fan at all my friend. Hang in there. I understand your frustrations completely. Your stance clearly proves how much the Colts mean to you. I get it. 

This challenging time will get better as soon as we go in a different direction. Take care of yourself first & foremost CS. 

14 minutes ago, twfish said:

See ya later. All these hate post disgust me but you don't see me crying.

"Hate posts?" So, just because a person is dissatisfied with the trajectory our team is on, we despise this franchise & want to see it crumble? 

Okay, I will admit I used a little artistic license there for effect, but I beg to differ with you TWF on that classification. No one is claiming that intentional sabotage on the part of Pags or Grigs is taking place here just that prolonging this regime is counterproductive in the long run that's all. 

Are you entitled to disagree with that assessment yourself if you want? Sure. But CS is not a hater. That is simply crazy in my view. 

Both CS & TWF are good guys BTW. I know that. Nobody is pleased with our season record right now & we all say things in anger we don't really mean. 

I think last weeks loss to the Texans was the worse loss in the Luck/Pagano era. Considering what was at stake and us being 7 point favorites and to lose at home vs a Brock Osweiler led team was actually embarrassing. They didn't have even Watt and still came into Indy and beat us. It was the last straw for many people in here so I see why people are upset. I will still watch the game Sunday because I just love Football and follow the whole league but last week was really bad. 

1 hour ago, ColtStrong said:

Hmm, well you should probably set your expectations low with this team then you won't have to worry about them being determental to your health.  I'm not expecting them to beat the Vikings, lol.  Lower your expectations, it was pretty obvious early on they just aren't good.  You've had all season to adapt.  I'm not really expecting much from them next year either, even if changes are made.  Yeah it ticks me off but I understand they're just not good. 

Remember that SNL skit lowered expectations????

When this team shows any semblance of being a potential contender then I'll let it bug me if they take a dump.  Until then, I'll continue to root for them every game until they get back to where they want to be.  However, I won't discard them when they suck on any level.  :thmup:

It ain't the end of the world man. Just watch like we'll all be doing and like Malakia said have 'lowered or no expectations'. They ain't winning Jack this year.

They suck and at least we know it. No surprises or being let down at this point.

From the Jax loss to the first Hou loss, this team had huge cracks in it that almost any fan knew would lead to what we have now. A lost season.

46 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Hmm, well you should probably set your expectations low with this team then you won't have to worry about them being determental to your health.  I'm not expecting them to beat the Vikings, lol.  Lower your expectations, it was pretty obvious early on they just aren't good.  You've had all season to adapt.  I'm not really expecting much from them next year either, even if changes are made.  Yeah it ticks me off but I understand they're just not good. 

Remember that SNL skit lowered expectations????

When this team shows any semblance of being a potential contender then I'll let it bug me if they take a dump.  Until then, I'll continue to root for them every game until they get back to where they want to be.  However, I won't discard them when they suck on any level.  :thmup:

I think we will lose this week and I usually pick us to win. I think last weeks game was the Deflator. I am more worried about Andrew making it out in 1 piece and staying healthy than I am winning now. Vikings D.Line vs our O.Line is a huge mismatch. Regarding how we will do next season, not sure and cant really say until the Draft, F.Agency, and any Coaching moves have been made.

For some reason i inflict pain on myself year in year out, because I am a fan since 1964.  This is putrid the way these team has turned out b/c of an incompetent coach and gm.  I wish they'd get rid of them quick, so i can start learning to appreciate them more.  New blood is needed to infuse some life into this team, in which we don't have right now.   Colts Strong express the same sentiments as i do.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Oh boy, you almost tricked me... I just wanted to like your post as I felt the same way: I can never resist to watch the next Colts game what ever terribly they played the weeks before. But then you talk about becoming a Texans fan??? Even if it's just momentary mental weekness don't go down that road. If you do, you might wind up becoming a Pats fan in the end and that's being conquered by the Dark Side.

27 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

For some reason i inflict pain on myself year in year out, because I am a fan since 1964.  This is putrid the way these team has turned out b/c of an incompetent coach and gm.  I wish they'd get rid of them quick, so i can start learning to appreciate them more.  New blood is needed to infuse some life into this team, in which we don't have right now.   Colts Strong express the same sentiments as i do.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I'd rather root for Oakland myself.

I know I'm a "new" member. But I have read posts on here for years. I'm very disappointed with how the last two seasons have gone. I'm disappointed that Irsay kept Pagano and Grigson last year. I'm disappointed with how the last several offseasons have gone. But more more disappointing than anything is the Colts "fans." 

Cleveland loses every year. Buffalo loses almost every year. Miami has been subpar for years. Minnesota, Carolina, New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas, San Francisco, etc. have all had bad years in the last 3 or 4 season. Yet their fans stick with their team. If you can honestly skip out on a colts game or two because they are playing bad, then I have a hard time calling you a true colts fan. 

Oy vey, this incarnation doesn't even come CLOSE to the worst, most frustrating incarnation of the Colts.

I suffered through a 3.5 hour flight delay because of the Minnie blizzard, but I'm here now and very much looking forward to the game and seeing / experiencing the new Vikes stadium.  Go Colts!

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we will lose this week and I usually pick us to win. I think last weeks game was the Deflator. I am more worried about Andrew making it out in 1 piece and staying healthy than I am winning now. Vikings D.Line vs our O.Line is a huge mismatch. Regarding how we will do next season, not sure and cant really say until the Draft, F.Agency, and any Coaching moves have been made.

Hahaha yeah last weeks loss was pretty deflating indeed.  Yeah I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss them for next year without knowing what they're going to do so I'll retract that comment. I think the Minnesota game will be a good one but it's going to be tough and I am worried about Luck and his safety. 

There are a few guys i will focus on to enjoy the game tomorrow.
 Ridgeway, TJ Green, Edwin Jackson, Kerr, McGill, Rashan Melvin, Antonio Morrison
 Akeem Ayers, Darius Butler,
 Jack Doyle, Joe Haeg, Moncrief, Swope, and Le'Raven

I`m hoping we get some some high quality starters out of this group by 2019.

19 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

That's cool and all . It's your right but if you think this team is the most disgusting or the worse, you must have forgotten about the period of the 80s and early 90s.....

High expectations leads to greater disappointments. Back in the day, 8-8 or thereabouts was a solid season. Times are different now. 11-12 wins is the bar that has been set.

For most Colts fans and the organization 10-6 is now an "average" season. That's a good thing and I hope it never changes. 

I have been a fan since 59 and have seen far worse teams than this years.  I will watch with friends and many have been fans since 59 and we will cheer them on to hopefully a victory.  It's tough on the "ticker" when we lose but thankfully no one has dropped dead yet.  We concentrate on watching the young players now and looking forward to Clark at RT tomorrow.  Let's see what he has.  Take care of your health though that's what's important.     As Scarlett O'Hara said from Gone With The Wind:  Tomorrow is another day. Or something like that. 

19 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

tumblr_inline_nip82lTY811rrol2a.jpg

You won't be missing anything sunday or next weekend either cuz they will both be losses. U more likely than not will be disgusted for the next few years(it's going to take time to fix this train wreck even with different coaches due to the lack of "good" players as there really is only a handful of worthy players!). Like it or not people that pretty much is the truth.

Looks like I chose a bad year to start to take a real interest in the Colts (lol).

Isn't this what sport is all about. Hoping for the best and fearing the worst.

As I have said previously I am not a die hard colts fan, but my heart sinks when they lose and I am happy when we win.

Reading this board over the season is no different than reading the message boards of teams in Scotland, especially our national soccer team. The passion of the fans has not been matched by performances on the pitch, but does that mean you stop being a fan, for some perhaps it does but if you have it in your heart your support carries you on until the team gets it act together and the difficult years are forgotten and replaced by better things.

sometimes that means changes at the top, sometimes it is getting a bit of good fortune here and there but whatever it takes the team needs fans to be there in good times and bad.

Keep the faith, it will not be like this forever.

21 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

Should probably change your profile name.

I'm sorry,  but as a sports fan,  what does any Colts fan have to be "disgusted" about?

Your favorite team is not making the playoffs?      Boo-hoo!

But you didn't make it last year?     The moment Luck got hurt,  making the playoffs became a long shot,  so last year doesn't count.      You've got one year to complain about.

The disappointment here doesn't even register for fans of most other teams who typically don't make the playoffs most years.      Colts fans have had it good for roughly 20 years.     That's an incredible achievement.   

But now most fans simply expect it every year.     There's only one team in the last 15-20 years that has shown it can reach the playoffs most every year.      And that's New England.     They're the exception to the rule.

Otherwise,  history says our run is the 2nd best run in the NFL for the last 20 years or so.     And some fans here talk of being "disgusted"......

Sorry.....    but you won't get an ounce of sympathy from me or many others here.

It's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed.      But disgusted and won't support the team?     Come on now....