Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #5, Colts @ Jaguars, October 6, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @ Jaguars  

22 members have voted

1. 1. With JT out today, how many yards do you expect from the backup running backs?

• fewer than 50 yards
    • 50 to 100 yards
    • 101 to 140 yards
    • 141 yards or more
  2. 2. How many sacks do you expect from the Colts defense?

3. 3. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2024 at 05:15 PM

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Then change coverage!

He’s got to adjust to what they’re doing against us.  And it seems like he refuses to do that.

They’re moving the ball on us with ease.

Hey man I have started just about every post game thread this year with why does Gus still have a job so you are preaching to the choir on that one.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We are not playing well enough to win.  Very simple.  They are the better team today.

Not asking you about the Colts.  Just wondering about your constant stream of negative crap … during every game.  You seem to revel in being a troll on your (supposed) team’s forum.  Maybe you’re only about 13, so you think it’s funny.

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

15-18 225 yards... Good lord.

Who's tearing us up next week? Levis or Rudolph? Or titans gonna pick up so grocery bagger and have them shred us?

Lawrence always tears up this Bradley defense. All the injuries isn’t helping as well.

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

During the interview, Belichick had some less-than-flattering remarks about Bradley's defense.

"It's been a couple of weeks the Colts have had a hard time stopping the run," he said. "They stay in the same front for the most part. They don't really make a lot of defensive adjustments. They kind of do what they do. Gus Bradley believes in execution and doing the same thing over and over again, but I think, in some respects, that simplifies things for the offense, and so they just didn't do a good job at all in the running game, and I think everybody kind of knew that that was the kind of game it was going to be."

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/bill-belichick-just-roasted-gus-bradley-and-the-colts-defense-01j88gjfgsyt

It’s nice to see a very knowledgeable coach calling out Gus Bradley’s inept approach, lack of scheming/adjusting, etc. 

• Like 1

I've been watching the Washington game and it my first real chance to see Daniels at QB.  Very impressive.  Plays very smart.  He is accurate.  Obviously very fast.   I think he and AR are about the same as far as athletic gifts, but right now 2 things stand out as the difference between the 2 players.

One.....accuracy. 

Two.....Daniels is very smart as far as when he runs and how he ends the play.  He has run quite a few times already and either slides or runs out of bounds.  He has hardly been touched.   AR really needs to learn from someone like him.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

Dude Bradley defense is easily the worst you can play against a player like Trevor. It’s simply pitch and catch.

Yup. Like 75% or more of his passes have been screens. His only long pass on the TD was on a broken play. TLaw is mediocre but the Colts make him look good because of Bradley's scheme.

• Like 2

Just now, Zoltan said:

Defender was ready to stop it at the one, it was a smart move to fair catch

It’s was also like the six or seven might seem like much but those two yards make difference on a bounce or roll, especially on a wet field.

Just now, ColtAndOrioles said:

I've been watching the Washington game and it my first real chance to see Daniels at QB.  Very impressive.  Plays very smart.  He is accurate.  Obviously very fast.   I think he and AR are about the same as far as athletic gifts, but right now 2 things stand out as the difference between the 2 players.

One.....accuracy. 

Two.....Daniels is very smart as far as when he runs and how he ends the play.  He has ran

Daniels has had a lot of reps he played 5 years in college, transferring to LSU from arizona state

• Like 1

Just now, Zoltan said:

Man Lawrence is throwing quick off the snap

That’s a function of a QB feeling very comfortable with coverage he sees back there and knowing exactly where to go with the ball.  There is no chance for the front four to get home.

If you recall, this was a similar issue when Eberflus was the DC here. 

Ironically, the only saving Grace for the defense, so far has been the third and short situations which are inviting for the Jags to try and run the ball which they have not done well with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IinD said:

What's up with fair catching inside the 10 with returners?

Yeah it has been a trend lately.  I don't get it.  I guess the only thing I can figure is the coaches would rather have the ball on the 5-10 rather than taking a chance that it ends up being downed on the 1.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

One.....accuracy. 

Two.....Daniels is very smart as far as when he runs and how he ends the play.  He has run quite a few times already and either slides or runs out of bounds.  He has hardly been touched.   AR really needs to learn from someone like him.

Great point

Jayden Daniels from what Little I’ve seen of him is what we would like AR to develop into

• Like 1

Well, like it’s been said if we can’t run the ball effectively and we had a few runs but we’re definitely pass heavy. Jacksonville is going to pen there ears  back and just come at Flacco in the second half. We’re just not going to win if Flacco has to throw the football ball 50 times. If we don’t change something he’s gonna get sacked about five more times in the second half. I hope Coach can put the fear of God into some of these players