Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Raiders post game thread

GoColts8818

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Anyone at the game today??? On tv, didn’t look like the home fans brought the juice??

we will need the rabid Indy fans in attendance next week. 

I mean the Raiders had three false starts and they are one of the more disciplined teams in the league so something was causing them to jump.

• Like 1

Next week will be wild.

At this point I think we all know the strength and defenses of this team. This off-season will be very important in seeing what decisions Steichen makes to improve the roster/potentially coaching.

It would be nice to see the Colts seal the deal next week and go to the playoffs, but it's nice to see that even with the roster that Steichen mostly  inherited from the last regime, they improved considerably.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts will have to make stroud stay patient and not allow big plays and hopefully they will be ok.

Stroud will be the best QB we’ve faces since Lamar (or that girl who plays for Jacksonville).  Hope Kenny is back.

Also have to give them a ton of credit.  They were considered the worst team in the league by the talking heads at the start of the season.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts will have to make stroud stay patient and not allow big plays and hopefully they will be ok.

It’s their OL that’s been the unsung hero that we need to get through, otherwise it will be like Falcons game where they run and pass.

Keeping Stroud off the field is our best formula 

I had a feeling the Raiders would be unfocused after coming off that high of beating the Chiefs. It seemed that way they commit the least amounts of penalties in the NFL  and gave up many today.  Props to the Colts for playing a smart and clean game.

• Like 1

Several have mentioned that a 9 win season is pretty good for a team coming from where we were last year. Some of us, myself included, tend to forget that simple fact. So before I go back to my normal complaining and accusing, I want to extend "kudos" to the Colts players, coaches, and staff. Keep moving forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Some people need to realize that this was a 4-13 team last season that came into the 2023 season with a rookie QB and head coach in Shane Steichen. Win or lose next weekend the fact this team has won 9 games in 2023 and is in the conversation for a playoff spot is a successful season.

But they were not really a 4-13 team. They didn’t even make many changes. Just better coaching.

8 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

Some people need to realize that this was a 4-13 team last season that came into the 2023 season with a rookie QB and head coach in Shane Steichen. Win or lose next weekend the fact this team has won 9 games in 2023 and is in the conversation for a playoff spot is a successful season.

U can say that to some degree. U have to remember this. This was a very easy schedule, and they didn't face any top flight qbs all year. That's why it is really hard to get overly excited about this year.  They make the play offs and next years schedule gets way tougher. Then if they crater next season, and  everyone will say what happened. Regardless of how the season plays out this needs to happen. Richardson needs to stay healthy. Go after legit wr. The whole defense needs a scheme change and with it a new coach. This team needs to find an outside pass rusher and that maybe the hardest postion to find outside of a qb. U get a guy like Higgins, and the draft can be used to go after some defensive talent. Not athletes but football players. Oh, and let Steichen draft and put Ballard in a  closet, lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, husker61 said:

I just don’t understand playing a soft zone almost all the time and why the colts don’t run more outside or hand the ball off from under center. The dc gets a lot of well deserved grief, but I think the hc should be getting some also instead of all the praise he gets. I don’t think the offense is playing to its best player’s strengths. Rpo needs a much  better qb than the colts have. 

We have him.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

If we play bad next week and lose that will be a bad taste in my mouth.  If the Texans just beat us I can live that.

Being a Colts fan since '74, fans have had their share of them late in the season losing a game to keep themselves out of the playoffs. So I understand your feelings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Gus Bradley D

angry clint eastwood GIF

Exxxxxxxactly. Seems like opposing receivers are continually wide open for critical 3rd and 4th down conversions. Glad the Colts won, but it was closer than it needed to be. Not a fan of the Gus Bradley D. 

On the bright side, it was nice to see Pierce catch a long one. He's been wide open down field so many times this season. It was nice that Gardner finally noticed and took advantage. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jemack said:

Being a Colts fan since '74, fans have had their share of them late in the season losing a game to keep themselves out of the playoffs. So I understand your feelings.

For me the pain began in my 3rd year as a Colts fan.  Super Bowl III.  I still believe the fix was in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think titans are done. It will probably be Tannehill next week with the Levis injury. Stroud didn’t throw for many yards today. Just a little over 200.

I think just the opposite...Tannehill and others will be playing for their future..Vrabel is a good coach.

10 minutes ago, masterlock said:

Exxxxxxxactly. Seems like opposing receivers are continually wide open for critical 3rd and 4th down conversions. Glad the Colts won, but it was closer than it needed to be. Not a fan of the Gus Bradley D. 

On the bright side, it was nice to see Pierce catch a long one. He's been wide open down field so many times this season. It was nice that Gardner finally noticed and took advantage. 

At least we aren’t giving up 50 or more points like some of the teams that are already in the playoffs have done.

I just knew this would be a tough game. The Colts usually let a new QB do what they want. Adams went off and they made a great play on the 4th down. We sure have their receivers a lot of space and it almost could have come back to bite us . However it’s a win so let’s go Horse 

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

I dont think I saw anyone at all predict 9+ wins for this team.  This was a pretty solid year no matter what happens next week

I did 

Hark

Posted June 15

I have one….

9-8

greatly aided by one of the easiest schedules in the league.

• Like 1

Gus Bradley has to go. He is spotting the team free points with the way he plays the secondary. His defense also seems to struggle with check downs for whatever reason. He’s holding the team back. We won’t win 9 games with a healthy AR next season if he’s still the DC.

• Like 2