Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Raiders post game thread

GoColts8818

4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My wife,snow, my guzzi, my pets and I could go on. The biggest issue I have with this season is it masks Ballard's competency as a GM. I just don't think he is Superbowl type GM. The fans and Irsay will say " wow we won 9 games or so". The question I have is this. Why did everyone feel we were most likely in line for a top 5 pic in 2024?They pointed to a rookie qb and lack of talent. I think Steichen has had more to do with the wins than Ballard's drafting. Now that we have played a very easy schedule, people are on the Ballard bandwagon. I have gone on record for years now, saying Ballard will never bring a Super Bowl to Indy. Now, I think Steichen is going to have more control after this year. I believe he is going to turf Bradley and bring in a new scheme and coach I think he will gain more control of the draft and eliminate Ballard's obsession with this Seattle scheme. If we are to go to the next level it will because Steichen has gained more control eith regards to personnel moves.

So the Colts having some success this season is a bad thing in your eyes, because of how it reflects on Ballard.

Got it. 

You don't enjoy watching the Colts win games if Ballard is involved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

The crowd was louder than normal on Sunday but it still wasnt very loud. 

I remember I attended our first ever playoff game against Tennessee back in 99 when they had McNair and Eddie George, and was just appalled at how many Tennessee fans got tickets to that game. We had Manning at the time and hadnt had a home playoff game before. They not only beat us, their fans rubbed it in our faces in our own place. It was absolutely a gross feeling. So maybe its just a sore spot with me, but it makes me sick every time.

Anyone can get in our building any time they want, en masse. It shouldnt be that way. It feels like a neutral site a lot of times.  

Not sure what can make it change.  Some of it’s rooted in Indy being a smaller market than some, maybe?  

Why do so many get so upset at what moose says? He doesn’t like Ballard, big deal, no one is going to change his mind. Time will tell who is right. It’s fun to have different views and debate them, but so many people here think if you say bad things about a colt you are just not a true colts fan. Heck, I had a moderator say I wasn’t a colts fan because I go by husker61. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, husker61 said:

Why do so many get so upset at what moose says? He doesn’t like Ballard, big deal, no one is going to change his mind. Time will tell who is right. It’s fun to have different views and debate them, but so many people here think if you say bad things about a colt you are just not a true colts fan. Heck, I had a moderator say I wasn’t a colts fan because I go by husker61. 

I have no problem with him not liking Ballard, I am sure most don't. It's the fact he has said it like 1000 times so after a while it gets old. We know how he feels but he keeps going. Everyone knew how he felt 2 years ago. Having different views is great, that everyone's right but to repeat the same stuff over and over and only come here after losses is comical. I was actually shocked to see him because we won.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My wife,snow, my guzzi, my pets and I could go on. The biggest issue I have with this season is it masks Ballard's competency as a GM. I just don't think he is Superbowl type GM. The fans and Irsay will say " wow we won 9 games or so". The question I have is this. Why did everyone feel we were most likely in line for a top 5 pic in 2024?They pointed to a rookie qb and lack of talent. I think Steichen has had more to do with the wins than Ballard's drafting. Now that we have played a very easy schedule, people are on the Ballard bandwagon. I have gone on record for years now, saying Ballard will never bring a Super Bowl to Indy. Now, I think Steichen is going to have more control after this year. I believe he is going to turf Bradley and bring in a new scheme and coach I think he will gain more control of the draft and eliminate Ballard's obsession with this Seattle scheme. If we are to go to the next level it will because Steichen has gained more control eith regards to personnel moves.

You understand Ballard is Steichens boss right?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, husker61 said:

No, if all you do is hate on the Colts you arent a fan.

Nobody is upset. They are just annoyed. Big difference. Your projection of peoples emotions into a valid conversation is just gaslighting. 

He has made all these claims so he doesnt get to hide when reality proves hes wrong.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Not sure what can make it change.  Some of it’s rooted in Indy being a smaller market than some, maybe?  

Kansas City is a smaller market, they dont sell half the seats to any visiting team that wants to see the game. Thats just an excuse.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, husker61 said:

If you want lawlessness there’s always Reddit.

Most of the people posting here have had something negative to say about the Colts at some point.  That’s fine and fair.  However, when all you do is say negative things and attack the team to try to spark a reaction that's not being a fan.  Frankly it’s being a troll.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

if we all agreed and had the same views it would be a boring forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

if we all agreed and had the same views it would be a boring forum

Nobody would disagree there. I love different views. It's the way the views are presented. It can become trolling after a while when people are constantly negative or trashing the same guy every day or even rooting for the team to lose. There is a difference between disagreeing with someone and trolling. People have common sense to know the difference, so they know what they are doing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Most of the people posting here have had something negative to say about the Colts at some point.  That’s fine and fair.  However, when all you do is say negative things and attack the team to try to spark a reaction that's not being a fan.  Frankly it’s being a troll.  

100% agree.

Agree with all of this. Especially with corners. Brents is going to be really good. Jones is solid. That’s kind of what you want from your starting outside corners. The question is do you draft a corner high to get better than solid? Especially considering Jones is a rookie and can still get better.

A coverage LB should be an easy find in the draft. I like the kid from Texas A&M. 

• Like 1

So Ballard has never won a Super Bowl? I've been a Colt fan for 55 years One of the biggest "homers" on here. I look at that pathetic steeler roster, a team that set a few nfl records for futility this year- the best one being the first team in nfl history with a winning record after the 10th game of the season to lose consecutive games to 2-win teams(cardinals then pats). And yet there they are still in the playoff hunt and Tomlin has his 17th consecutive winning season. With Mason Rudolph at qb no less! How is that even possible?????  Like I said, I love my Colts, but have never predicted them to win the superbpwl in any season, even when we had Manning then Luck, I wonder why. Great win last Sunday, and amazingly enough, we have another win and we're in game. We're better than Houston, but we need to throw away that soft zone defense and blitz, blitz and blitz again or Stroud will pick us apart, just like all other qb's have in the past 51 years! Go Colts!

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agree with all of this. Especially with corners. Brents is going to be really good. Jones is solid. That’s kind of what you want from your starting outside corners. The question is do you draft a corner high to get better than solid? Especially considering Jones is a rookie and can still get better.

A coverage LB should be an easy find in the draft. I like the kid from Texas A&M. 

Yeah I don't see us going CB high in the draft. Brents and Jones have shown good progress and we have Flowers coming back as well.

Safety is a need. I think we might let Blackmon walk and cut Thomas. I like Javon Bullard from Georgia.

Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M, Jeremiah Trotter Clemson and Payton Wilson NC State are guys I hope we target at LB.

DI could be Mekhi Wingo LSU or Byron Murphy Texas.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The right coach? How do u explain the defense? This team has no pass rush except against poor offensive teams. That's on Ballard

The Colts are 5th in sacks and last in blitzes.   I'll take that any day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah I don't see us going CB high in the draft. Brents and Jones have shown good progress and we have Flowers coming back as well.

Safety is a need. I think we might let Blackmon walk and cut Thomas. I like Javon Bullard from Georgia.

Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M, Jeremiah Trotter Clemson and Payton Wilson NC State are guys I hope we target at LB.

DI could be Mekhi Wingo LSU or Byron Murphy Texas.

What they do at corner will probably depend on what they do with Kenny Moore.  If you bring him back you are really just looking for a couple of guys for depth and you might not even have to get those guys in the draft.  

I don’t think they will cut Thomas before final roster cut downs but I agree they might let Blackmon walk.  Odds are Ballard won’t be able to keep all of Pittman, Grover, Moore, Blackmon, Minshew, and Moss.  Personally I am always leery of players who have career years that are significantly better than previous seasons in a contract year and there are real injury concerns about Blackmon.  So I could understand the argument for letting him walk.  If they do or even if they don’t they need another body back there at least.

Even if they keep Pittman and Grover they need more depth at WR and DT (look at how bad the run defense was in those six games without Grover).  WR they pretty much have three NFL level players at WR and that’s it and that’s including Pittman.

Linebacker is a quiet big need for this team, especially after letting Shaq go.  They pretty much have two starters and not much else.  I’d really like to see the find a linebacker who can play the pass.  

Tightend could be another need.  Granson will be going into a contract year.  Woods is a question mark at this point.  Mo isn’t getting any younger or cheaper, Ogletree is probably gone, and they do have Mallory who has been productive in limited chances.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Colts are 5th in sacks and last in blitzes.   I'll take that any day.

I'm not complaining about it, but I think it needs a lot of context. First and most obvious, we've played a lot of bad/inexperienced QBs with poor OLs, and have feasted on them. 

Second, we have a low pressure rate with high sack output. That's a statistical anomaly, and is unlikely to continue. We're fifth in sacks, behind Ravens, Chiefs, Dolphins, and Bills. Dolphins are first in pressure rate, 27.1%; Chiefs are 2nd, 26.9%; Bills are 6th, 23.3%. Then the Colts are 19.1%, and the Ravens are 19% (it's one of the areas of concern for the Ravens defense, IMO). The bottom five teams are around 17-18% pressure rate. So we're closer to the bottom of the league in pressure rate.

I'll take the 49 sacks, but we've faced well over 600 pass plays (including sacks and scrambles), and on more than 500 of them, we get no pressure on the QB. Against a good QB -- or even a QB who is just having a moment and is in a rhythm, like Jake Browning -- that's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Two_pound said:

So Ballard has never won a Super Bowl? I've been a Colt fan for 55 years One of the biggest "homers" on here. I look at that pathetic steeler roster, a team that set a few nfl records for futility this year- the best one being the first team in nfl history with a winning record after the 10th game of the season to lose consecutive games to 2-win teams(cardinals then pats). And yet there they are still in the playoff hunt and Tomlin has his 17th consecutive winning season. With Mason Rudolph at qb no less! How is that even possible?????  Like I said, I love my Colts, but have never predicted them to win the superbpwl in any season, even when we had Manning then Luck, I wonder why. Great win last Sunday, and amazingly enough, we have another win and we're in game. We're better than Houston, but we need to throw away that soft zone defense and blitz, blitz and blitz again or Stroud will pick us apart, just like all other qb's have in the past 51 years! Go Colts!

we are only a couple years apart as colts cans. Since Peyton, the colts have favored offense over defense for whatever reason and that has been with multiple gm’s. I think defense wins super bowls, even though many also have top offenses. Having a good defense also leads to consistently having a winning record even if you don’t win a sb. Some of the colts emphasis on offense could be because they had about 20 years of a top qb. Who was the last stand out lb the colts have had, Mike Curtis? Defensive line, the sack pack?

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not complaining about it, but I think it needs a lot of context. First and most obvious, we've played a lot of bad/inexperienced QBs with poor OLs, and have feasted on them. 

Second, we have a low pressure rate with high sack output. That's a statistical anomaly, and is unlikely to continue. We're fifth in sacks, behind Ravens, Chiefs, Dolphins, and Bills. Dolphins are first in pressure rate, 27.1%; Chiefs are 2nd, 26.9%; Bills are 6th, 23.3%. Then the Colts are 19.1%, and the Ravens are 19% (it's one of the areas of concern for the Ravens defense, IMO). The bottom five teams are around 17-18% pressure rate. So we're closer to the bottom of the league in pressure rate.

I'll take the 49 sacks, but we've faced well over 600 pass plays (including sacks and scrambles), and on more than 500 of them, we get no pressure on the QB. Against a good QB -- or even a QB who is just having a moment and is in a rhythm, like Jake Browning -- that's a recipe for disaster.

I would like to know how fast qb’s get rid of the ball against the colts compared to other teams. I don’t know if this is a stat that is available, but I think it makes a big difference in sack stats. A soft zone makes it easy for a qb and a teams game plan to just get the ball out fast making it very hard to get pressures or harder for sacks. Teams with good pass coverage makes it easier to get sacks and pressures. There is so much more to it than just the defensive line!

1 hour ago, husker61 said:

I would like to know how fast qb’s get rid of the ball against the colts compared to other teams. I don’t know if this is a stat that is available, but I think it makes a big difference in sack stats. A soft zone makes it easy for a qb and a teams game plan to just get the ball out fast making it very hard to get pressures or harder for sacks. Teams with good pass coverage makes it easier to get sacks and pressures. There is so much more to it than just the defensive line!

Of course coverage is a major factor. But the Colts are conservative in coverage, and conservative in their rush scheme, which is a big reason why the pressure percentage is so low.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

What they do at corner will probably depend on what they do with Kenny Moore.  If you bring him back you are really just looking for a couple of guys for depth and you might not even have to get those guys in the draft.  

Truth. I'm on the bring back Moore wagon. I'd be fine with just bringing in depth in FA and give our young guys another year to mature.

I don’t think they will cut Thomas before final roster cut downs but I agree they might let Blackmon walk.  Odds are Ballard won’t be able to keep all of Pittman, Grover, Moore, Blackmon, Minshew, and Moss.  Personally I am always leery of players who have career years that are significantly better than previous seasons in a contract year and there are real injury concerns about Blackmon.  So I could understand the argument for letting him walk.  If they do or even if they don’t they need another body back there at least.

I agree they probably won't cut Thomas before cut downs and they may not even cut him. He's back up level and it might be worth keeping him as such, because he has experience in the system. Cross is the new FS or maybe SS if he takes Blackmon's spot. I do feel Safety is a pretty big need for us this off season. It's top 2/3 for me after WR and on par with LB.

Even if they keep Pittman and Grover they need more depth at WR and DT (look at how bad the run defense was in those six games without Grover).  WR they pretty much have three NFL level players at WR and that’s it and that’s including Pittman.

I would really like for us to go WR in the 1st (or early 2nd), but the more I think about it the more I think Ballard will give Pierce another chance as the deep target. I do feel we need depth at the very least.

Linebacker is a quiet big need for this team, especially after letting Shaq go.  They pretty much have two starters and not much else.  I’d really like to see the find a linebacker who can play the pass.  

If we give Pierce the chance at WR, LB would be my top choice in the 1st I think. We REALLY need LB(s) who can cover - Speed and Franklin are downright liabilities in coverage.

Tightend could be another need.  Granson will be going into a contract year.  Woods is a question mark at this point.  Mo isn’t getting any younger or cheaper, Ogletree is probably gone, and they do have Mallory who has been productive in limited chances.  

Tight end got thin all of a sudden. I think we're cutting Cox and with Ogletree possibly out that leaves us with Granson, Mallory and Woods. Non of those guys are great blockers.

I'm not sure what's up with Woods? I hope the rumour he "wasn't taking it seriously" were wrong, because I don't feel Steichen will stand that. Mallory at least has been solid as a pass catcher.

18 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Truth. I'm on the bring back Moore wagon. I'd be fine with just bringing in depth in FA and give our young guys another year to mature.

I agree they probably won't cut Thomas before cut downs and they may not even cut him. He's back up level and it might be worth keeping him as such, because he has experience in the system. Cross is the new FS or maybe SS if he takes Blackmon's spot. I do feel Safety is a pretty big need for us this off season. It's top 2/3 for me after WR and on par with LB.

I would really like for us to go WR in the 1st (or early 2nd), but the more I think about it the more I think Ballard will give Pierce another chance as the deep target. I do feel we need depth at the very least.

If we give Pierce the chance at WR, LB would be my top choice in the 1st I think. We REALLY need LB(s) who can cover - Speed and Franklin are downright liabilities in coverage.

Tight end got thin all of a sudden. I think we're cutting Cox and with Ogletree possibly out that leaves us with Granson, Mallory and Woods. Non of those guys are great blockers.

I'm not sure what's up with Woods? I hope the rumour he "wasn't taking it seriously" were wrong, because I don't feel Steichen will stand that. Mallory at least has been solid as a pass catcher.

Every time I think we will move on from Cox he delivers a great game blocking like he just did against the Raiders.  None of our other tight end’s seem even adequate at it.

21 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

yeah that’s where I am at.  I want Kenny back because he’s my favorite player on the roster.  he’s also earned the extension IMO. 

Yeah even if the bring back Blackmon and keep Thomas they need another body back there.  I’d like to keep Blackmon but I am more on the let him walk and draft a replacement train.  Not because I don’t like Blackmon just you can’t keep everyone and the reasons I mentioned before.  

I might not be Pierce’a biggest fan but I fully agree he’s going to get and should get another year.  I hope that what some think the problem is the QB and he production takes off next year with Richardson.  

I hate to think what this forum will be like if Ballard doesn’t draft a WR in the first round or acquire a big name.

clearly they have to make a decision on Pittman first.  I see no way they let him leave and will franchise tag him if they have too.  

Yeah if they don’t go WR 1st I would expect a linebacker.  Still Ballard has proven he can get good linebackers anywhere in the draft so if it’s close I hope he will side with a WR if the Colts should be so fortunate to get to choose between guys with their 1st pick.  

Wood apparently tore his other hamstring while rehabbing the one he tore earlier.  Still that combined with the report he wasn’t taking things seriously makes him a question mark in mind.  

id wait and see on Cox.  Fans have written him off a lot and yet he’s still here starting.  The Colts clearly like something about him that fans don’t.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superman said:

Couldnt that be because those teams have the QB and the personnel to implement a gameplan that eliminates our ability to rush the passer? 

Not every stat is an indictment of a teams ability. 

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

Couldnt that be because those teams have the QB and the personnel to implement a gameplan that eliminates our ability to rush the passer? 

Not every stat is an indictment of a teams ability. 

There could be lots of reasons for it. I'm pretty confident that, in the Colts case, it's a mix of scheme and ability. You say not every stat is an indictment of ability; it's also true that not every stat is an indication of ability. If people get the impression that the Colts have a strong pass rush because they're fifth in sacks, I think they're reaching flawed conclusion.

My point is that I don't think it's sustainable for any team to get a lot of sacks over a noteworthy sample size if you're not getting a lot of pressure. And I think the 81% of pass plays that don't get pressured are more impactful than the 49 total pass plays where we got a sack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

There could be lots of reasons for it. I'm pretty confident that, in the Colts case, it's a mix of scheme and ability. You say not every stat is an indictment of ability; it's also true that not every stat is an indication of ability. If people get the impression that the Colts have a strong pass rush because they're fifth in sacks, I think they're reaching flawed conclusion.

My point is that I don't think it's sustainable for any team to get a lot of sacks over a noteworthy sample size if you're not getting a lot of pressure. And I think the 81% of pass plays that don't get pressured are more impactful than the 49 total pass plays where we got a sack.

Not every stat, but there are stats that arent misleading at all, like sacks....and then there are stats that are very misleading, like pressures. A sack is just a sack. But, how many "pressures" eventually resulted in Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or Patrick Mahommes scrambling around and shredding the defense for a big gain? I would venture to say quite a few. The Dolphins led the league in pressures, but they still gave up 56 to the Ravens and 48 to Buffalo. You know who didnt give up 56 to the Ravens? Us. We sacked Lamar 4 times(6TFLs), had 4 more QB hits and only allowed him 19 points. 

I think a franchise record in sacks means at a bare minimum, they unequivocally dont have a "bad" pass rush as Moose suggested. Nobody said they were the goats of rushing the passer. But we had Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis at the same time, for a long time, and they never got us to 49 sacks. Its just impressive, and they deserve to be recognized for it without trying to diminish them for setting a franchise record.

How many teams have 4 guys with 7+ sacks? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

Not every stat, but there are stats that arent misleading at all, like sacks....and then there are stats that are very misleading, like pressures. A sack is just a sack. But, how many "pressures" eventually resulted in Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or Patrick Mahommes scrambling around and shredding the defense for a big gain? I would venture to say quite a few. The Dolphins led the league in pressures, but they still gave up 56 to the Ravens and 48 to Buffalo. You know who didnt give up 56 to the Ravens? Us. We sacked Lamar 4 times(6TFLs), had 4 more QB hits and only allowed him 19 points. 

I think a franchise record in sacks means at a bare minimum, they unequivocally dont have a "bad" pass rush as Moose suggested. Nobody said they were the goats of rushing the passer. But we had Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis at the same time, for a long time, and they never got us to 49 sacks. Its just impressive, and they deserve to be recognized for it without trying to diminish them for setting a franchise record.

Here. Here!

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

yeah that’s where I am at.  I want Kenny back because he’s my favorite player on the roster.  he’s also earned the extension IMO. 

Yeah even if the bring back Blackmon and keep Thomas they need another body back there.  I’d like to keep Blackmon but I am more on the let him walk and draft a replacement train.  Not because I don’t like Blackmon just you can’t keep everyone and the reasons I mentioned before.  

I might not be Pierce’a biggest fan but I fully agree he’s going to get and should get another year.  I hope that what some think the problem is the QB and he production takes off next year with Richardson.  

I hate to think what this forum will be like if Ballard doesn’t draft a WR in the first round or acquire a big name.

clearly they have to make a decision on Pittman first.  I see no way they let him leave and will franchise tag him if they have too.  

Yeah if they don’t go WR 1st I would expect a linebacker.  Still Ballard has proven he can get good linebackers anywhere in the draft so if it’s close I hope he will side with a WR if the Colts should be so fortunate to get to choose between guys with their 1st pick.  

Wood apparently tore his other hamstring while rehabbing the one he tore earlier.  Still that combined with the report he wasn’t taking things seriously makes him a question mark in mind.  

id wait and see on Cox.  Fans have written him off a lot and yet he’s still here starting.  The Colts clearly like something about him that fans don’t.  

Regarding Cox: there are plentiful “block first” TEs out there. Mo is getting paid $5m per year. He has stone hands and pedestrian speed. The Colts can upgrade there at half the cost. I think MAC is a luxury that is no longer affordable. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

great point about scrambling qb’s!

I never thought of that.

9 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

I think you're missing me. I'm not arguing that we have a bad pass rush, and I never called sacks a misleading stat. In fact, I agree that sacks are more valuable than pressures, and have argued the same in the past. A sack ends the play, whereas anything can happen after a pressure. However, pressure is still valuable; it's effect is cumulative, and should not be disregarded.

My point is simple: A team that doesn't get a lot of pressure is not likely to get a lot of sacks. When this does happen, it should be treated as a statistical outlier, not an ideal. The fact that the Colts get a lot of sacks without getting a lot of pressure is most likely influenced by the level of offensive competition we've faced this season, and the result is unlikely to be sustainable. So if anyone thinks that setting a team record for sacks means that the pass rush is "good," I think that's a mistaken conclusion.

By the way, the defense deserves big props for the Ravens game. It's a great example of why I think Bradley needs to be more flexible with his approach. But just a couple weeks ago, we couldn't get a hand on Jake Browning, which demonstrates the wide level of variance that exists with a defense that doesn't get consistent pressure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think you're missing me. I'm not arguing that we have a bad pass rush, and I never called sacks a misleading stat. In fact, I agree that sacks are more valuable than pressures, and have argued the same in the past. A sack ends the play, whereas anything can happen after a pressure. However, pressure is still valuable; it's effect is cumulative, and should not be disregarded.

My point is simple: A team that doesn't get a lot of pressure is not likely to get a lot of sacks. When this does happen, it should be treated as a statistical outlier, not an ideal. The fact that the Colts get a lot of sacks without getting a lot of pressure is most likely influenced by the level of offensive competition we've faced this season, and the result is unlikely to be sustainable. So if anyone thinks that setting a team record for sacks means that the pass rush is "good," I think that's a mistaken conclusion.

By the way, the defense deserves big props for the Ravens game. It's a great example of why I think Bradley needs to be more flexible with his approach. But just a couple weeks ago, we couldn't get a hand on Jake Browning, which demonstrates the wide level of variance that exists with a defense that doesn't get consistent pressure.

I don’t have the statistical data that you’ve discussed previously. My sense is anecdotal at best but what I am looking for out of the d’line is to make a play to affect that game and far too often that is not the case. Ebukan got strip sack to end the Bucs game but my memory fails on too many more than that. The 4th quarter of the Raiders game I wanted them to make a play against O’Connell that never came. 

They have feasted on injured or inferior lines. That makes me nervous for Saturday night. 

• Like 1

It’s may not be the team being good or bad, it could be the game plan designing short quick passes that negates a pass rush. I think the colts getting as many sacks as they have is tremendous with a defensive scheme that gives up short quick passes.

• Thanks 2