Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If You Could Have Any Job In the Colts Organization At Any Level At Any Specific Position Besides Owner Whose Job Would You Most Likely Want?

Boss7894

If I’m getting the salary? HC or GM. Even if I’m terrible (which I would be) and am fired after one season, I can live with Colts nation hating me and this forum posting about how terrible I was for the next decade. I’ll sleep soundly with my couple of million in the bank.haha

Salary not considered, probably a southeast area scout. I think it would be really fun.

Punter.  Just catch, step step punt.  

Low stress if you get good enough at it.  Can go throughout an entire career with little to no contact.  

Being a kicker comes with immense pressure. 

But NFL punter has to be among the best jobs on Planet Earth.

Honestly I sometimes wonder what my life would be like had I chose to go into scouting. The downside though is it's not a stable job and all sorts of things can be enough reason to get fired... 

How about Colts Historian? As a history teacher that's up my alley though I don't even know if that exists in the organization. 

+1 to punting like Nickster said. As a high schooler I wanted to be a Colts RB and take handoffs from Manning. 

2 hours ago, DattMavis said:

If I’m getting the salary? HC or GM. Even if I’m terrible (which I would be) and am fired after one season, I can live with Colts nation hating me and this forum posting about how terrible I was for the next decade. I’ll sleep soundly with my couple of million in the bank.haha

Salary not considered, probably a southeast area scout. I think it would be really fun.

This

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Honestly I sometimes wonder what my life would be like had I chose to go into scouting. The downside though is it's not a stable job and all sorts of things can be enough reason to get fired... 

How about Colts Historian? As a history teacher that's up my alley though I don't even know if that exists in the organization. 

+1 to punting like Nickster said. As a high schooler I wanted to be a Colts RB and take handoffs from Manning. 

That would have hurt so friggin' bad lol. 

I used to think like that too. 

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Better than playing as Peyton's slot receiver and getting concussed every game! :ninja:

Especially in the You Just Got . . .  Jacked UP!! era.  Watched that on YOUTUBE with my teenage son.  He couldn't believe the type of hits they were celebrating.  He thought it was hilarious but it was completely foreign to him.

Just about every hit they showed would be a penalty today and most would have warranted fines and suspensions. lol. 

10 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Especially in the You Just Got . . .  Jacked UP!! era.  Watched that on YOUTUBE with my teenage son.  He couldn't believe the type of hits they were celebrating.  He thought it was hilarious but it was completely foreign to him.

Just about every hit they showed would be a penalty today and most would have warranted fines and suspensions. lol. 

"You got knocked the frick out!" 

6 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Who did you play for?

I played semi-pro for a team north of Ft Wayne. I do not believe the team or league are around anymore.  I wasn’t good enough for D1 so nothing special. Had a few guys that did play D1 or had tryouts with pro teams.  They were men among boys. 

Chris Ballard. I want his job and I want to build my own staff of scouts, coaches, and players to win multiple SBs for the Colts. I'm 35, I can be the GM for 30 years if need be, and use my own unique draft strategies to lead this team to prominence. A new age GM that will outsmart every other GM in the NFL, and that other GMs will copycat for years to come!

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chris Ballard. I want his job and I want to build my own staff of scouts, coaches, and players to win multiple SBs for the Colts. I'm 35, I can be the GM for 30 years if need be, and use my own unique draft strategies to lead this team to prominence. A new age GM that will outsmart every other GM in the NFL, and that other GMs will copycat for years to come!

What's funny is you actually believe this.   lmao

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What's funny is you actually believe this.  lmao

What's even funnier is if I managed to become Colts GM, you would defend every move I made just like you did/do Grigson and Ballard. haha You don't care about how logical the moves are, you just care that the person is holding the title of coach/GM.

See Saturday and Grigson as examples.

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What's even funnier is if I managed to become Colts GM, you would defend every move I made just like you did/do Grigson and Ballard. haha You don't care about how logical the moves are, you just care that the person is holding the title of coach/GM.

See Saturday and Grigson as examples.

I hated the Richardson trade.   I didn't love having Saturday as the head coach and thought Reich was pushed out too early.     Here is what I would hate.   A Pokémon expert being the gm.  I'm giving you Pokémon expert status.   I have no idea if you have achieved that status.   Even if you have. I don't think that makes you qualified for even a scouts assistant.   Certainly not a gm

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I hated the Richardson trade.   I didn't love having Saturday as the head coach and thought Reich was pushed out too early.     Here is what I would hate.   A Pokémon expert being the gm.  I'm giving you Pokémon expert status.   I have no idea if you have achieved that status.   Even if you have. I don't think that makes you qualified for even a scouts assistant.   Certainly not a gm

Fair enough. I thought I remember you being in favor of Saturday when he was hired and after the first win. I remember you posted less for a two-month span after the losing streak. 

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Fair enough. I thought I remember you being in favor of Saturday when he was hired and after the first win. I remember you posted less for a two-month span after the losing streak. 

I was never in favor of Saturday being the coach.  I just didn't hate what was the inevitable.   Jim irsay made the call.   We had no choice but to like it or not.   I chose to like it.   

Archived