Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are you a fan of the uniform or the players?

Blueblood23

If your most despised team were to trade several players that you can’t stand to the Colts, are you still a Colts fan? 

Is there anything the Colts could do to make you be a fan of another team?

I have been a fan for over 60 years and I’m getting close to the breaking point. Disgusted with trades, contracts, draft picks,

in game coaching decisions, among other things. I hope things get better soon. 

I am a fan of the players, no doubt, being brutally honest with myself and the others. I have no roots in Indy or Indiana, so Peyton was the reason I became a Colts fan when I moved here from Albuquerque. With every piece of mastery he brought to the field, that kept me glued. I am in general a fan of football. Now that I have lived in Indiana since 1999 (ironically a year after Peyton was drafted), I have adopted the Colts as my team since they are part of my community.

My current favorite team to root for, beyond the Colts I have adopted, is the Chiefs. Mahomes is the key for my fandom there. I will have a soft corner for the Colts always because of living 23 years (and counting) here.

Well, I've been growing up with soccer, where your team (usually) stays your team your whole life. Especially the team I am fan of because I was born there (1.FC Kaiserslautern, maybe some of you know the town because of the Ramstein Air Base). 

So for me, it was never because of a certain player nor was it a decision driven by head. 

I will always be a die hard Colts fan, no matter what players wear the jersey or not because my heart "tells me" to do so. 

I Have been a die hard  fan since they landed here. I am not always happy with them, but still watch all the games, and support them. Guess that makes me a fan of the uniform. When we cut Peyton, I noticed a lot of Broncos flags suddenly being flown in this area. I have no problem either way, we all approach things differently.

I am a die hard Colts fan.  Players come and go.  That doesn’t mean I don’t pull for former Colts if they aren’t playing the Colts though, or other players I like.  The Manning family is probably the best example of this but same was true for Saturday when he went to the Packers or Bethea or Freeney when they left.

I became a Colt fan when they drafted Bert Jones. I had a close family member who was going to LSU and started following their team. The Colts have had so many ups and downs over the years I guess I have learned to roll with the punches better than younger fans. I think with age comes the knowledge that no matter how serious you take your Fandom you can't change anything. 

Hey, I like this one!

I really love the Blue color:rock:

But time for a new design(s).

Lets take a look at the teams that have changed up there designs and colors…and won SBs soon afterwards.

Time to start new Traditions. That Bell sound that I hear is dull…I get it now…that sounds like it’s time to go to bed:sleepy:

Stop playing it in the second half:thinking:

The all Blue uniforms are great!

Each and every one of us can make Colts Football exciting and get back to the top, again!

New designs will have a positive affect on the players, too!

Lets see more Colts flag designs for the fans. When was the last time there was a “White-Out” in LOS?

Oh yeah, I am fired up once more:cheer2:

Go, Colts Marketing Department !

the only time i ever change teams was back when i was a raiders fan during the Rich Gannon era.. i was esatic how the raiders were crushing teams then and plus i didn't know to much about football but i did like the logo of the silver and black...however after that horrible super bowl loss to the bucs i quickly moved on from them...and found my way to the colts when they had that huge comeback against the bucs a year later

My dad loved Johnny U and passed his passion for the Colts to me. I can be critical but I’ll never stop dreaming of another Super Bowl. It pains me that I find the organization unlikable now because of Chris Ballard’s ego and stubbornness and mediocrity, along with Irsay’s concerning behavior. Nonetheless, a good young QB can change our fortunes in a hurry. 

Even with being from the Chicagoland area, I really was never a Bear fan.  I followed the Eagles during the late 70's (I was born in 71) and became a Redskins fan in 1982 (their mascot was the same as our local high school).  My sister moved to Indy in 1987 and I went to my first NFL game in 1989 in which they defeated the Buffalo Bills.  I was HOOKED!  I've been to over a dozen games since, most coming over the last 10+ years.  I passed on my love of the Colts to one of my older sons, converted my wife into a football watching fanatic (she knew basically nothing about the sport when she met me about 28 years ago) and even my only daughter (who is in my profile picture from a few years back and is aptly named after a certain QB, although the spelling is different...Peighton.  Players have come and gone, but the Colts are, and always will be, my team.  It doesn't mean I won't criticize, complain, etc. when I "think" its due, but when the dust clears, they ARE MY TEAM!!  Go Horseshoe!!!

11 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

If your most despised team were to trade several players that you can’t stand to the Colts, are you still a Colts fan? 

Depends on the players, not the team. 

Temporarily at least, yes. Like trading for Brady*. Or Suh. Or some other * slug. But only as long as such players were on the team. 

I have been a fan for over 60 years and I’m getting close to the breaking point. Disgusted with trades, contracts, draft picks,

IMO ceasing to be a fan because we haven't had success in awhile is a poor reason to stop being a fan, but to each their own. 

6 hours ago, Superman said:

You don't need permission or validation to change your team allegiance. If you don't want to be a Colts fan anymore, you don't owe anyone an explanation. Fandom is personal. Do you.

True. Everyone has a right to be a fair-weather fan. 

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

Depends on the players, not the team. 

Temporarily at least, yes. Like trading for Brady*. Or Suh. Or some other * slug. But only as long as such players were on the team. 

IMO ceasing to be a fan because we haven't had success in awhile is a poor reason to stop being a fan, but to each their own. 

Not having success is not the reason for me to stop being a fan. I had season tickets for 15 years and drove over 5 hours there and back for some not so good years. After the season tickets,  I would usually attend at least 3 home games a year and 1 away game.  I’ve been a pretty loyal fan.

18 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

If we picked up DeShawn Watson I'd be out immediately. The Colts seem to avoid people like this and it's one reason I'm a fan.

Owner meddling, I believe well run organizations hire the right people and then let them do their jobs. I understand wanting to affect the team. I'm not interested in watching hyper rich people throw tantrums, and hire their buddies to important positions.  If Saturday is coach next year I'm probably out.

18 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I can handle losses and other football mishaps. I love the uniform colors, the charming logo, and of course the players. Manning drew me to this franchise 20 years ago and I definitely followed him to Denver as my second favorite team.

I have already replied to this but will add:

When Peyton was playing for Denver I would watch their games and root for them to win. However when it was Colts vs Broncos, no contest, I was for Indy. I also remember getting kinda misty when Edge was with the Seahawks, and there was a tribute for him when they played us at home. I do have a soft spot for certain players, so I get that when people follow them elsewhere, But for me the ultimate loyalty is to the shoe.

I root for the brand.  This is why I don't watch individual sports like Boxing, MMA, Golf, Darts, etc., because I don't care about some dude winning something.  Two guys get in a fight in a bar I could care less, I'd rather drink my beer or flirt with the waitress than turn around in my barstool to see who wins.

Peyton in Denver?  Whatever.  I have my moments in time with him in my mind which is all that matters.  And for the record I am fully clothed and he is in uniform in said memories.

On 12/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, Blueblood23 said:

players come and go been a colts fan since baltimore.Indy means nothing to me actually. i just tell people I am a colts fan. Never get too close to any players remember they cut Peyton .would be a cokts fan if they moved again woukd u?

37 minutes ago, bleed blue4life said:

players come and go been a colts fan since baltimore.Indy means nothing to me actually. i just tell people I am a colts fan. Never get too close to any players remember they cut Peyton .would be a cokts fan if they moved again woukd u?

I was also a Baltimore Colts fan. If they moved I still would be. If they signed a high profile player that I just can’t stand that would probably do it for me. 

14 hours ago, Dunk said:

I have already replied to this but will add:

When Peyton was playing for Denver I would watch their games and root for them to win. However when it was Colts vs Broncos, no contest, I was for Indy. I also remember getting kinda misty when Edge was with the Seahawks, and there was a tribute for him when they played us at home. I do have a soft spot for certain players, so I get that when people follow them elsewhere, But for me the ultimate loyalty is to the shoe.

Absolutely same feeling as well. I rooted for Peyton in every game except when playing us. Had we played him for the AFC Championship I would, no question, have rooted for the Shoe. 

I'm a fan of both tbh. Peyton Manning has meant more to me as a Colts fan than anyone else in my 25 years as a fan. I admit I care a lot less now because a lot of the players don't appeal to me as much. I like big personalities that can back it up on the field. Peyton did that. Luck really had a personality I despised, and his seemingly lack of passion for the game turned me off too.

Two players I loved when they got drafted were Mahomes and Josh Allen. I was high on them before they played, and I love watched their careers take off. Pete Carroll is a coach I have loved because of his big personality. If you can talk and back it up, I'll probably like you as a player/coach. 

If Ballard and Irsay were backing up their words with playoff appearances and more wins, I'd like them a lot better. However, they think they are the smartest guys in the room, and even though I hate to see the Colts lose, I love seeing those two getting heat for it because they are so cocky and wrong about their beliefs. 

I'll always root for this team as a fan, but I've lost all interest this year (besides fantasy implications) and only care next year because of our draft pick, and the curiosity of who will be our HC and GM. 

Peyton made it a lot easier to root for obviously and so did Luck. The carousel of QBs (which I was against from the beginning) made it impossible to watch almost. I just hope we draft a QB so we have some semblance of order again, and can get back to what we were doing in the Manning/Luck days.

So, I'm a Colts fan, but the players on the team are a big deal to me and decide whether I'm interested or not.

43 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm a fan of both tbh. Peyton Manning has meant more to me as a Colts fan than anyone else in my 25 years as a fan. I admit I care a lot less now because a lot of the players don't appeal to me as much. I like big personalities that can back it up on the field. Peyton did that. Luck really had a personality I despised, and his seemingly lack of passion for the game turned me off too.

Two players I loved when they got drafted were Mahomes and Josh Allen. I was high on them before they played, and I love watched their careers take off. Pete Carroll is a coach I have loved because of his big personality. If you can talk and back it up, I'll probably like you as a player/coach. 

If Ballard and Irsay were backing up their words with playoff appearances and more wins, I'd like them a lot better. However, they think they are the smartest guys in the room, and even though I hate to see the Colts lose, I love seeing those two getting heat for it because they are so cocky and wrong about their beliefs. 

I'll always root for this team as a fan, but I've lost all interest this year (besides fantasy implications) and only care next year because of our draft pick, and the curiosity of who will be our HC and GM. 

Peyton made it a lot easier to root for obviously and so did Luck. The carousel of QBs (which I was against from the beginning) made it impossible to watch almost. I just hope we draft a QB so we have some semblance of order again, and can get back to what we were doing in the Manning/Luck days.

So, I'm a Colts fan, but the players on the team are a big deal to me and decide whether I'm interested or not.

Will you be happy if the Colts hire Jim Harbaugh? He's got personality galore.

50 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Will you be happy if the Colts hire Jim Harbaugh? He's got personality galore.

He is my preferred choice, both because I liked him as a former coach and player and because I believe he can turn this team around. His personality is something I enjoy as well. So yes.

Been a fan of the team since 1984 and we stunk in 1984 but was happy as a 13 yr old kid that we got a football team. I am a fan of the team for the most part but it does bother me when I like a player and they move on. Being a fan of a player is understandable especially when it is a Peyton or Luck. Hell I loved Harbaugh back in the day. Really the only other team I rooted hard for was Denver in 2015 because I wanted to see Peyton get that 2nd ring and we were out of it anyway. I am from Indianapolis though so my Colts ties are strong.

I'm an Indianapolis fan. I was 5 when the colts moved here and been a fan since. The only other team I liked was the Bears because that was my little league team. 

I love the game of football and am glad our city has a team.  I have also rooted for other players when they have left DEPENDING on the reasoning ( I don't care for divas). As other have stated I rooted for Peyton when he was in Denver except when he played the Colt's .  This year the ONLY time I have watched ANYTHING on tv has bee Colts football games.  I can see LOS from my upstairs window.  

If the Colts relocated I'd probably not follow them. 

I could easily become a fan of the Detroit Lions if Ballard keeps trying to build his 1990's team.

I like Polian's idea of drafting the skill-position guys who touch the ball first, and leaving the next needs until the 3rd/4th/5th rounds....not drafting O-line in the 1st and 2nd and overpaying them like rock stars.

Archived