Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Everyone was embarrassed when we lost to the " worst team in the league " to end the season....now we are getting spanked by the " worst team in the league" in the opener. 

Any guesses on who really is the worst team in the league?????

Calm down its Week 1

The SB champs lost too

This game's over, players change, coaches change but the script stays the same. Houston did not improve their team this much since last season when we annilated them twice. I thought Gilmore was supposed to make a difference, no one is guarding anyone again, for the 50th consecutive year. And I'll make my prediction for next week now, we LOSE.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Thanks for this as yes, I sometimes don't adequately express my take I guess..Ha!! Happens. 🤷‍♂️ But you are correct. Cam to me as you stated was never a consistently good QB at the NFL level and that is why I was never a fan of his game. I guess it's all about how one views what an NFL QB should be or look like. I'm not a fan of Lamar either as I think he is somewhat in the mold of that type of QB. Great athlete who just happens to play QB. Outside of that Raven scheme, I'm not sold on the fact the Jackson could ever flourish. It's why over 90% of the time if Lamar is needed to bring the Ravens out of a deficit he can't do it. It's not his game, yet there are those who think Lamar is superior and he has achieved personal accomplishments. Ravens do consistently win though but it's an entire team deal as their defense is normally rock solid to compliment that run first style. We don't have that here in Indy
    • I already laid out the injuries.  You can say what you want but one was the coaches pulling him in the Rams game because they were down multiple scores with little time left, two of the others were a concussion and a shoulder injury that required surgery so that rules out toughness.  Then the Steelers game he tried to comeback and clearly wasn’t moving well and it’s reported he has injury that does cause players to miss time and there is a chance he plays Sunday which seems to be counter productive to people who want argue he’s not tough enough.  None of those involve him lacking toughness.  It’s a nonsense argument made up by fans who are tired of him being injured.     also Richardson has taken wicked hits and hopped right back up from them.  To the point people complain about the league not protecting him with roughing the passer calls.  If he had no pain tolerance he wouldn’t get up from the those hits.   yes he needs to be better at protecting himself.  Again that has nothing to do with toughness.   Also I am not comparing him to Luck if you read my post.   I am pointing out Irsay is acknowledging they are being cautious with Richardson and injuries because of what happened with Luck.  That’s not comparing the two players.
    • IMO the only reason to not play Richardson (when healthy) is if you've given up on him. Joe Flacco has a role on this team and that role is secondary or tertiary to the main goal of this team at this moment - namely developing AR and figuring out if he can be our franchise QB. The best way to do both of those is to play him and let him gain experience and playing time... And, ultimately to get enough snaps that you feel comfortable with whatever decision you come to about his long term prospects. And IMO the only reason to bench him is if you think you've gotten the answer to that primary question and it is negative.    Otherwise, we are doing the same thing we were doing the last 3 years before we drafted him and IMO that's the worst place to be as a franchise in regards with your QB... Where you not only don't have a franchise QB but you don't even have the hope of having one on the roster.   I can't believe this conversation is even being had. If he can play... He has to play.
    • The kid chose not to slide to protect himself and was in a really awkward position when he did get a good NFL wallop. It’s absolutely brainless to do that after getting knocked out of games and the season.   Maybe he needs to sit on the bench for another season. Let him play  play play, what, for another game or two until the next stupid injury?  He still has a lot to learn and it looks like to me we are rushing an inexperienced kid into something he isn't quite prepared for.   AR seems humble, maybe a bit more humility regarding a possible Superman complex would serve him and the Colts very well long term.  What AR IS in years 4 and beyond is what Wise Colts fans should be concerned about. And yes, like me, many here are getting old enough we Want It Now! It's an unreasonable expectation for a kid that can't throw an out that isn't a mile high, and hasn't the sense of when and how to protect himself. 
    • I don’t listen to games anymore because I don’t work on Sundays anymore. But man sometimes listening to the game is better than watching it. Kinda miss Matt Taylor getting all pumped..  I-N-D-Y lol 
  • Members