Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Season Opener, Colts @ Texans, Sept. 11, 2022, 1 PM EDT

NFLfan

:coltslogo: football is back! :yahoo:

Optimism is running high among Colts fans with the addition of key players, the biggest of all being QB Matt Ryan. And the night before their opener, the Colts locked up one of their most valuable players for four more years! 

To open the season, Colts travel to Houston to play one of their division rivals, the Texans.

The Texans are rebuilding after moving on from Deshaun Watson and they have a new but experienced head coach. Unlike the Texans, the Colts have assembled a strong team and are in a Win Now mode. They bring back arguably the best running back in the NFL in Jonathan Taylor. Fans believe Matt Ryan is an upgrade from Carson Wentz and Jacoby Brissett before that. Can Matt take another team to a Super Bowl?

How to Watch and Listen to Colts Games

Good luck. Enjoy the game.  :colts:

Football Nfl GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

As a fan since 1984 as I was just 13 years old then (time flies), this will be the 39th season I have followed this team. I have seen the bad, the good, and the great over 38 seasons. Going into the season, this is the most optimistic I have been and making a deep playoff run since 2014 when Luck was great. If we can turn this into a 2006 SB winning run when we had Peyton that would be the cherry on top. The additions of Matt Ryan, Yannick, and Gilmore were solid. Drafting Pierce and Cross was much needed as well. Hopefully Leonard gets back to 100%, Taylor plays like the MVP he is, and we stay healthy. Pittman and Hines both should have career years. Congrats to Big Q on his contract too. Best Guard in the game. I love this time of year, let's do this! 

Final predictions. Colts 27 Texans 17. Colts win 11 games and the AFC South. Colts make the AFC Title game. 

• Like 6

Just now, IndyEric07 said:

Some of us lowlifes gotta work today:censored:! Ill be listening though!

I just worked all night but off on Sundays. I feel ok because I slept all day yesterday. I am staying up and going to cookout some Hamburgers and drink until there is no tomorrow. I just put in 55 hours last week but I told the people at work, don't bother me today, opening day is BIG lmao .

I'm so fired up for today..... 

Whole day up to now consisted of preparation for game day.... Makin coleslaw,burger buns, putting more beer in the fridge, watching Gameday morning.... 

I'm sooooo excited not only to see the colts and Matty Ice ending our opening game loosing streak but to watch football again. 

Wish everyone a beautiful and fun day! 

Go Colts! 

• Like 1