Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Watson is widely viewed as a top-10 quarterback by most everyone.  Probably top-8 by many.   Some teams may have reasons for not wanting him, but his football talent is not one of them. 

3 other young QBs who wouln't be displaced by him:

Wilson(Jets)

Lawrence(Jags)

Jones(Patriots)

Trey Lance must be a 4th. SF has to prove that bet was valid.

How about Lamar?

Is Deshaun better than Lamar, accordilng to 'most everyone'?

(not to me,and I'm as sober as a judge, at least a judge in a 'civil' courtroon)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, waterdog said:

3 other young QBs who wouln't be displaced by him:

Wilson(Jets)

Lawrence(Jags)

Jones(Patriots)

Trey Lance must be a 4th. SF has to prove that bet was valid.

How about Lamar?

Is Deshaun better than Lamar, accordilng to 'most everyone'?

(not to me,and I'm as sober as a judge, at least a judge in a 'civil' courtroon)

I’m going to decline this conversation.   We’re going to have to agree to disagree.   

Good luck to you.   :thmup:

9 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

It just seems to me if we were looking at Mariota or Winston we would have signed them by now.

You may be right, but they may be doing their due diligence

I think Winston or Mariota are 2nd choices, that may move up to first choices if the other, better options dont come available

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apparently most of the rest of the NFL strongly disagrees with you.   Houston has had strong interest and the offers for Watson will likely be close to what Denver paid for Wilson. 

Houston is viewed as a bad franchise.   Bad ownership.   Very dysfunctional.  Watsons good level of play is viewed as accomplished without much surrounding help.   Teams think they can make Watson even better with their franchise and getting away from Houston. 

Yeah I know I'm in the minority. I guess time will tell....

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sounds like Ballard’s plan was to do what you do when there isn’t an obvious choice, take your time not be rushed into a decision and kick the tires on everything that’s out there and see who you can get on the best deal.

Maybe this is our new QB if Watson signs with the Saints ?  Obviously , he wouldn't be the starter in Orleans under that scenario . 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sounds like Ballard’s plan was to do what you do when there isn’t an obvious choice, take your time not be rushed into a decision and kick the tires on everything that’s out there and see who you can get on the best deal.

Heads Or Tails Flip GIF by Hollyoaks

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sounds like dumpster diving to me.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Baker Mayfield is off the table.   The Browns removed themselves from the Watson derby.  

There is a belief by some he was getting traded regardless of if they got Watson.  You don’t post what he did on twitter the other night and not make it hard to go back.  Not saying it’s impossible it will just be hard.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There is a belief by some he was getting traded regardless of if they got Watson.  You don’t post what he did on twitter the other night and not make it hard to go back.  Not saying it’s impossible it will just be hard.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

Sounds like dumpster diving to me.

That’s why he’s not rushing it there is no must have QB that he could have realistically gotten.  He took his shot at Watson and like everyone was saying all along no way the Texans would consider trading him within the division.  Rodgers decided to stay and he didn’t have the capitol to go get Wilson.  So unless Carr is available (which I honestly don’t really see any signs he really is) any QB he’s going to get is going to have red flags or he’s going to have to go get one in the draft.  So why rush?  See what’s out there figure out which one fits your system the best and pay as little as you can.  

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Disgusted Baby GIF

I think we may not find out who our QB is until next week. Kind of interesting how some of the dominoes fell but then it stopped with the whole Watson saga going on. 

Honestly, has there ever been this much QB shuffling during the off-season before?

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think we may not find out who our QB is until next week. Kind of interesting how some of the dominoes fell but then it stopped with the whole Watson saga going on. 

Honestly, has there ever been this much QB shuffling during the off-season before?

Watson said he may be ready to decide... by the second Tuesday of next week.

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'll guess 'probably not' as the answer, but shuffling makes a deck of playing cards more fairly distributed, and gives me an idea:

BY RULE: shuffle all 32 QBs every 3 years so, for example, Stafford goes to Chicago, Burrow to Seattle, Lamar to Phoenix...etc...it could be good for TV ratings.

And, I mean, Roger draws names of 32 starters out of a hat, or baseball cap.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Why are they waiting on Watson anymore 

Just choose the guy you want already 

Ryan has to be gone by tomorrow. It seems thdy may trade him bo matter what happens with Watson. 

Since Deatin is sharing Baker isn’t a option  maybe Ryan is close to being done. They are usually careful to say anything unless it’s pretty solid.

6 minutes ago, waterdog said:

I'll guess 'probably not' as the answer, but shuffling makes a deck of playing cards more fairly distributed, and gives me an idea:

BY RULE: shuffle all 32 QBs every 3 years so, for example, Stafford goes to Chicago, Burrow to Seattle, Lamar to Phoenix...etc...it could be good for TV ratings.

And, I mean, Roger draws names of 32 starters out of a hat, or baseball cap.

If that was a rule. Unless the carousel happened before the draft, A QB would never be drafted in the NFL draft again. Why waste time developing a guy thats gonna leave

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol. I think I am going to hibernate the next few days. He is now holding the NFL hostage.

Yea, all kidding aside, this to me is going to be a terrible situation for the Colts. AFC west, Buffalo, and Cincy are going to be a gauntlet that the Colts likely won't be able to overcome. They might win a game or two here and there no one expected but we don't have the firepower. Especially with a new defensive scheme too. I don't see it. I would honestly just go get Mariota at this point, like now and call it a day. draft a QB in 2023. Don't even waste picks on anybody. 

Archived