• Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Teddy Bridgewater
Mitchell Trubisky
Cam Newton

Just to name a few not sure who will improve the QB position. 

Wouldn't these just be Wentz 2.0? None of them have been good for a while. No reason to believe they would be good here. Money wasted on a bandaid until the next bandaid

9 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Wouldn't these just be Wentz 2.0? None of them have been good for a while. No reason to believe they would be good here. Money wasted on a bandaid until the next bandaid

And that’s the thing. Ballard has recognized we’re on the carousel and he wants a long term solution. Those guys aren’t it. 

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't want to waste any draft picks trading for a vet.  Sign a free agent and draft the QB.  If that's Strong this year, fine.  If we wait until next year, that's fine too.

If Trubisky or Mariota show something, even better.

Agreed. I woul

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't want to waste any draft picks trading for a vet.  Sign a free agent and draft the QB.  If that's Strong this year, fine.  If we wait until next year, that's fine too.

If Trubisky or Mariota show something, even better.

Agreed. I wouldn't  waste another pick on a qb and that includes  Jimmy G. I would let San Fran release  him  or just sign someone.  We can move up next year if we have to. I actually think it is kind of an indictment of Jimmy G in that no teams seem to be interested in him

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

For an owner who claims to be "all in", I doubt trading for Jimmy Garoppolo is an option; that's more like a lateral than an upgrade from Wentz.

There is no upgrade from Wentz available.     People are stuck on the "all in" like he went huge personnel moves.   When he clearly meant attitude, leadership and effort.

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

For an owner who claims to be "all in", I doubt trading for Jimmy Garoppolo is an option; that's more like a lateral than an upgrade from Wentz.

I agree.  Other than Carr I don’t see an upgrade.  If they go with one of those journeymen they better draft the QB of the future.   Which still means a couple more years of QB purgatory.  

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

Who else is there if you still think the all in phrase was about spending money.

When you get into the mind set that the "all in" was mental and attitude     Things start to make a lot more sense 

46 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And that’s the thing. Ballard has recognized we’re on the carousel and he wants a long term solution. Those guys aren’t it. 

You can’t force a long term solution though 

Just now, Smonroe said:

I agree.  Other than Carr I don’t see an upgrade.  If they go with one of those journeymen they better draft the QB of the future.   Which still means a couple more years of QB purgatory.  

GettyImages-1350265256.jpg

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There is no upgrade from Wentz available.     People are stuck on the "all in" like he went huge personnel moves.   When he clearly meant attitude, leadership and effort.

Exactly! Leaders lead, followers follow...the Colts next QB will be a leader, imvho.

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

So we’d have tank in what year?  

Correct me if I’m wrong…..He’s going into his senior year in high school, and he’s a manning so he’ll do 4 in college I imagine, so…..2026 to get him in the following draft? Long ways away :Cry:

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Correct me if I’m wrong…..He’s going into his senior year in high school, and he’s a manning so he’ll do 4 in college I imagine, so…..2026 to get him in the following draft? Long ways away :Cry:

If he indeed has the college career that they’re projecting, then 2026 will be a very competitive NFL season - to see who gets the first pick.  

Remember how we sweated it out until the last game in 2011?  It was nerve wracking. We may have to get Curtis Painter out of retirement.  Or sign Scott Tolzein to a futures contract.  

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

If he indeed has the college career that they’re projecting, then 2026 will be a very competitive NFL season - to see who gets the first pick.  

Remember how we sweated it out until the last game in 2011?  It was nerve wracking. We may have to get Curtis Painter out of retirement.  Or sign Scott Tolzein to a futures contract.  

Or bring back Wentz……

:peek:

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

You can’t force a long term solution though 

I agree. But unfortunately our owner may not have the patience to wait anymore. I honestly wonder how many more years our current regime has to get this fixed. I’m sure it’s something Irsay has talked about behind closed doors. 

People around here definitely think Irsay is pulling more strings than he actually is thats all I have to say. Wentz was hot garbage and has locker room issues, same thing as in Philly, thats why we traded him, not cause Irsay hated him

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. But unfortunately our owner may not have the patience to wait anymore. I honestly wonder how many more years our current regime has to get this fixed. I’m sure it’s something Irsay has talked about behind closed doors. 

I think Frank could be out by the end of the season, if we don’t make the playoffs and after he stuck his neck out with Wentz. I think Ballard may get a second chance on picking a head coach. I’m mostly afraid of Irsay making impulsive decisions.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed. I wouldn't  waste another pick on a qb and that includes  Jimmy G. I would let San Fran release  him  or just sign someone.  We can move up next year if we have to. I actually think it is kind of an indictment of Jimmy G in that no teams seem to be interested in him

It seems like a bad tactic to trade for a guy who's team just spent pick #3 on Lance, who is also coming off of surgery to his throwing shoulder. 

Trading for him, plus accounting for his cap hit, seems like it would be the Wentz trade 2.0.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It seems like a bad tactic to trade for a guy who's team just spent pick #3 on Lance, who is also coming off of surgery to his throwing shoulder. 

Trading for him, plus accounting for his cap hit, seems like it would be the Wentz trade 2.0.

Exactly. I would sit and let the Steelers make that bad decision to trade if that’s what they want to do. If it’s Jimmy G we want, much better to sign him without having to trade even more assets. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yea, it's time for the Colts to go after their long term project. Getting tied of these retreads

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

45 million dollar cap hit.   No thanks

I would hope that they would immediately work out an extension with him to lower the cap hit. It isn't fair to the coaches or fans to keep playing the QB carousel and the Colts are too well organized top to bottom to keep doing this. 

Archived