Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

On 3/9/2022 at 3:10 PM, richard pallo said:

Does anyone really think Ballard would have made this trade without knowing who his quarterback is going to be going forward?  I don't.  I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing holding up announcing the follow up trade is finalizing the extension for the new quarterback.  

Yes, I think CB did trade without a clear plan.... 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, RollerColt said:

I would imagine tanking is the last thing this organization wants to actually do. Our division is currently in shambles with the Texans and Jaguars flopping. The Titans are the only competition, and with some competent QB play we can take them. This is such a weird period for Colts football. We're close, but also really far... 

CHIPS ALL IN.... BALLARD OUT

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

ringling bros circus GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey

If this is a depiction of the fan base in here every FA period....you absolutely nailed it.....well....except for the tomato throwing...... and the yelling.........and, well....err.........the angst and hatred.

Ok, my bad. It isn't as accurate as I thought. :D

Just now, Four2itus said:

If this is a depiction of the fan base in here every FA period....you absolutely nailed it.....well....except for the tomato throwing...... and the yelling.........and, well....err.........the angst and hatred.

Ok, my bad. It isn't as accurate as I thought. :D

Current state of the Colts, fan base and whatever else Colts related. 

I was watching Cowherd today and he posted some surprising stats about Trubisky.  He compared him to other supposed better QB’s over a similar time frame.  Shockingly, Trubisky matched up very well with all those QB’s. For example, over their first 4 years, Trubisky rated as a slightly better QB than Carr over his first 4 years.  So how could we justify paying Carr 30m+ Per year when Trubisky just signed a 2 year deal at like 7m per???

7 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballards plan is draft picks, cheap free agents and delayed gratification. he has watched money ball one too many times.

I think Ballard is a builder rather than a buyer. That’s a great strategy for long term success tbh. It’s what Polian did. It may not always equal out to SuperBowl wins but it keeps your team in the winning column.

So far the Rams are the only team in recent memory to really go out and buy players and win a SuperBowl. Let’s see how sustainable it is though. 

It’s more delayed gratification for long term stability as opposed to instant gratification for short term gains. 

4 hours ago, tvturner said:

Mayfield is a quarterback I'd be all over if he became available 

If Mayfield can’t win with the loaded Browns roster, he isn’t winning here. He may lead us to the playoffs, but he isn’t winning us a SB. He is a lateral move from Wentz. 

The only legitimate option right now is a stop gap QB & to draft one to be our future unless we manage to land Watson/Carr

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

If Mayfield can’t win with the loaded Browns roster, he isn’t winning here. He may lead us to the playoffs, but he isn’t winning us a SB. He is a lateral move from Wentz. 

The only legitimate option right now is a stop gap QB & to draft one to be our future unless we manage to land Watson/Carr

Mayfield was decimated with injuries last year...they were a no call away from beating KC in the playoffs

23 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Ballard is a builder rather than a buyer. That’s a great strategy for long term success tbh. It’s what Polian did. It may not always equal out to SuperBowl wins but it keeps your team in the winning column.

So far the Rams are the only team in recent memory to really go out and buy players and win a SuperBowl. Let’s see how sustainable it is though. 

It’s more delayed gratification for long term stability as opposed to instant gratification for short term gains. 

Rams, Bucs, Eagles and Broncos out of the past 7 Super Bowl winners, got key players in FA

3 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Rams, Bucs, Eagles and Broncos out of the past 7 Super Bowl winners, got key players in FA

I’ll give you the Bucs

But those Broncos team had a solid core. Thomas, Julius Thomas, Decker, CJ Anderson, Wolfe, Miller, etc.. we’re all drafted by the team. The biggest FA additions were Manning, Lawrence, and Talib.

Eagles biggest add was Jeffrey who really wasn’t that good and Foles as a backup.

5 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I was watching Cowherd today and he posted some surprising stats about Trubisky.  He compared him to other supposed better QB’s over a similar time frame.  Shockingly, Trubisky matched up very well with all those QB’s. For example, over their first 4 years, Trubisky rated as a slightly better QB than Carr over his first 4 years.  So how could we justify paying Carr 30m+ Per year when Trubisky just signed a 2 year deal at like 7m per???

Hate he is signing with Pittsburgh 

33 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

Hate he is signing with Pittsburgh 

Me too. He would’ve been a great trial/bridge QB at worse. There’s still Jameis & Baker out there though.  2 other highly drafted QB’s that we could get for minimal years & cap hit.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:10 AM, philba101 said:

QB's recently linked to the Colts: Who am I missing?

1. M. Trubisky

2. M. Mariota

3. J. Garoppolo

4. C. Cousins

5. J. Winston

6. G. Minshew

7. S. Ehlinger-Competing for start job

8. Derek Carr

Baker Mayfield

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality. Matt Ryan?! How does he help us in this situation? Ryan might be good enough to get us 8 or 9 wins next year. That's not what we want, AND it doesn't put us in position to draft a QB in 2023. It's just doing more of what we've been doing since Luck retired. We need to do something different. Either make a plan to secure a top draft pick in 2023 or get a QB that is both good enough and younger (so I guess that means Jimmy G or Baker if you think either of them is good enough).

Does Baker Mayfield being traded reduce the price for Jimmy G? A current 3rd rounder and future 3rd rounder that can become a 2nd rounder based on playing time (which is the biggest question with Jimmy G, right, his health?), will that be too high a price to pay for Jimmy G if we believe he can be our starter for 2 years at least?

Archived