Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all of the noise around QBs, not much has happened.  Which teams need QBs now, as of late 3/17? 

Would ATL and CLE truly need a QB after Hurricane DW entered and left their spheres?  ATL and NO seem to be the landing spots, but that would only impact Ryan or Winston (who would probably go back to NO)

DC Wentz

LVR secured Carr.

MIN secured Cousins.

PIT got Trubisky.

Are there any teams actually vacant at QB besides us?

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I know this is a highlight tape, but Ryan doesn't look washed to me. We could win with Matt Ryan. 

Yeah I can't lie and say I watched much Matty this year, but he looks far from washed. Peyton looked washed towards the end. Ryan looks nothing like that.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

With all of the noise around QBs, not much has happened.  Which teams need QBs now, as of late 3/17? 

Does ATL and CLE truly need a QB after Hurricane DW entered and left their spheres?  ATL and NO seem to be the landing spots, but that would only impact Ryan or Winston (who would probably go back to NO)

DC Wentz

LVR secured Carr.

MIN secured Cousins.

PIT got Trubisky.

Are there any teams actually void of a QB besides us?

It’s holding even a guy like Winston up. He has a offer from Saints but can’t go back until Watson decides. Saints will sign Winston back if they don’t get Watson.

Carolina and Seahawks will be looking for QB. Looks like Cleveland now too. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If I’m the Falcons right now I would seriously consider trading Ryan to the Colts asap and show Watson they are serious and they created the space they need to bring him to the team.  As with Baker they have also made the decision to move to a new quarterback.  Do it now and head off any potential drama with Ryan.  He’s already on board by delaying his bonus date so finish it up and trade him now. Show Watson you want him.  It could make him decide now rather than later.

If the colts trade for Matt Ryan, here's hoping we either pick up Austin Hooper or include Hurst in the trade to help improve TE and give a familiar target. He can even use Hines like he did Patterson last year.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If I’m the Falcons right now I would seriously consider trading Ryan to the Colts asap and show Watson they are serious and they created the space they need to bring him to the team.  As with Baker they have also made the decision to move to a new quarterback.  Do it now and head off any potential drama with Ryan.  He’s already on board by delaying his bonus date so finish it up and trade him now. Show Watson you want him.  It could make him decide now rather than later.

Exactly. Rumor was earlier that this might of caused friction with Ryan and he might be out no matter what. This would make sense.

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s holding even a guy like Winston up. He has a offer from Saints but can’t go back until Watson decides. Saints will sign Winston back if they don’t get Watson.

Carolina and Seahawks will be looking for QB. Looks like Cleveland now too. 

But DW is only going to directly impact one QB, either Ryan or Winston.   If a team is not interested in either, they can move along with the guys they want.   

I don't see why CLE and IND couldn't trade for Mayfield tomorrow, if either wants to trade.

I'm just not sure about this idea that DW is holding it all up.  I think teams might just not want to make moves right now for other reasons.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But DW is only going to directly impact one QB, either Ryan or Winston.   If a team is not interested in either, they can move along with the guys they want.   

I don't see why CLE and IND couldn't trade for Mayfield tomorrow, if either wants to trade.

I'm just not sure about this idea that DW is holding it all up.  I think teams might just not want to make moves right now for other reasons.

Yeah that’s why I said now panthers can go after Jimmy or Mariota now. They could be off the table by the time Watson decided. Unless they also want to wait because they think colts are a better place. But Ryan could be a option for NO too. But yea Carolina could move onto their next option now. Cleveland could trade Baker now. Except maybe NO would take Baker or Ryan . See how it all comes down to Watson. I get dizzy just thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Just saw a post that said league sources said Seahawks and browns is where Ryan would go if Baker goss to ATl. This is weird

Ryan has played in a dome his entire career. I can't see why he wanna play outdoors at this point in his career.

Here's what I don't understand 

Browns have officially been ruled out of the Watson trade so that leaves the Colts to go after Mayfield if they actually want him.

I'm thinking since they will most likely wait until Watson decision that they might not be that interested in Baker.

If Watson goes to Falcons 

Mayfield - Seahawks 

Winston - Saints

Ryan - Colts

If Watson goes to Saints

Mayfield - Seahawks 

Ryan - Falcons 

Winston - Colts 

I expect Seahawks to offer more for Baker 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

I understand that logic 100%, but I feel like that's only happening if bossman (Jim) signs off on that. It's just really hard to see that because of $$$. 

Indy fans won't show up to the stadium for a 3-14 type team. Less money for Jim in 2022.

We're definitely in limbo though I agree until we figure this thing out. Short term fixes until then.

People who know Irsay the best say he wants Ballard to spend more money.  Money is not the issue some fans want it to be.

27 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

People who know Irsay the best say he wants Ballard to spend more money.  Money is not the issue some fans want it to be.

The problem with Ryan is his contract is so high it eat up our cap space and not allow us to sign any other free agents

26 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was actually talking stadium gameday money. Nobody will be showing up buying things. Unless I'm wrong and they don't make money on things like drinks, food, parking, merch?? 

I definitely don't think Jim is cheap. I was just saying Ballard would need his blessing if we go the rookie route and have a losing season because Jim would be taking the biggest hit, his wallet.

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The problem with Ryan is his contract is so high it eat up our cap space and not allow us to sign any other free agents

I actually read once the restructure is done and the Falcons pay the roster bonus, the cap hit would 23 mil this year and 28 mil next year. Very doable

Archived