Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

27 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Watson said he may be ready to decide... by the second Tuesday of next week.

I don't want the thread to focus on DW, but my lord it seems as thought the entire NFL is on hold until he makes his decision. 

He probably likes the position, and it might be because.........

wasnt-right-in-the-head-in-the-head.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s goinf to be really annoying if the colts end up with Jimmy of Marcus  which is clearly like their last choice. If they lose out Ryan go all of this I will be mad. 

You might want to set your expectations for it honestly. Really, the only hype we’re getting is from these Twitter guys. It’s not like Ballard has gone on record stating he’s going to go after a big QB. The plan all along may have been Jimmy G and we’re just waiting for his market to dry up.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You might want to set your expectations for it honestly. Really, the only hype we’re getting is from these Twitter guys. It’s not like Ballard has gone on record stating he’s going to go after a big QB. The plan all along may have been Jimmy G and we’re just waiting for his market to dry up.

It’s clear they are waiting on the Watson decision because they like Ryan. Otherwise it makes no sense why they are waiting to trade for Jimmy or sign Mariota. Seahawks are interested in Ryan. Unless they are blowing smoke doesn’t seem like they are interested in Baker. Which could just be a smokescreen.

Jimmys market will only go up after the Watson trade.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s clear they are waiting on the Watson decision because they like Ryan. Otherwise it makes no sense why they are waiting to trade for Jimmy or sign Mariota. Seahawks are interested in Ryan. Unless they are blowing smoke doesn’t seem like they are interested in Baker. Which could just be a smokescreen.

Jimmys market will only go up after the Watson trade.

My guess at this point is Chris put a final offer of what he could deal for Garrapolo, and then left it at that. It’s possible it’s up to the 49ers now to take the offer or wait and see if something better happens. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

My guess at this point is Chris put a final offer of what he could deal for Garrapolo, and then left it at that. It’s possible it’s up to the 49ers now to take the offer or wait and see if something better happens. 

I do think they would rather have Ryan then Jimmy. For one he is durable and will be available for the offseason.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Jimmy could be off the table by the time Watson decides. Panthers could now go after him. 

We should've just traded Lynch a 2nd and a 3rd for Jimmy and got it over with it. He is a slight upgrade from Wentz, makes the layups and has a winning resume. Reason being, no WR will want to come here until we sign a QB. How Ballard doesn't see that is mindboggling. I rarely question Ballard but by the time we sign a QB all the good WR's will be off the board. I just don't get what we are doing but hey Ballard is boss. To me Free agency would've been easy, trade for Jimmy who is only 30 and sign Armstead to a big contract - we have a wall at that point to protect our QB and Taylor would have a huge year. Build D through the Draft and draft 1 WR in hopes of nailing that pick. We already made one good move on D by getting the Raiders Pass rusher. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should've just traded Lynch a 2nd and a 3rd for Jimmy and got it over with it. He is a slight upgrade from Wentz, makes the layups and has a winning resume. Reason being, no WR will want to come here until we sign a QB. How Ballard doesn't see that is mindboggling. I rarely question Ballard but by the time we sign a QB all the good WR's will be off the board. I just don't get what we are doing but hey Ballard is boss. To me Free agency would've been easy, trade for Jimmy who is only 30 and sign Armstead to a big contract - we have a wall at that point to protect our QB and Taylor would have a huge year. Build D through the Draft and draft 1 WR in hopes of nailing that pick. We already made one good move on D by getting the Raiders Pass rusher. 

Please no dont

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ew no 

27 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So if your Ryan where would you want to go? Colts or Seahawks?

Indy's gotta be attractive because it's indoors. Probably easier on the arm also. He'd have to start playing in cold, wet conditions after being indoors forever. 

I know Manning did it, but that's just my 2¢.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Indy's gotta be attractive because it's indoors. Probably easier on the arm also. He'd have to start playing in cold, wet conditions after being indoors forever. 

I know Manning did it, but that's just my 2¢.

Very good point. He is used to a dome too. Plus this  division you are pretty much guaranteed the road games have good weather too.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I am so excited about the colts defense I just want them to get their stuff together on offense. This defense is going to be so good.

I feel you. Not too long ago our offense was essentially a well oiled machine and the defense was the weak part. And here we are today…

Just now, RollerColt said:

I feel you. Not too long ago our offense was essentially a well oiled machine and the defense was the weak part. And here we are today…

I think some of that happened because we had a nice set of vets on our offense. But now we have a young defense and a offense that had two QB retire and get older. 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

At this point, I’d rather just roll with a rookie.

That is probably why you mistaked me for me advocating Mariota because I was being sarcastic toward 2 or 3 other posters, saying yeah lets roll with Mariota. I was actually joking when I did post that because there is no way I would roll with him or a rookie. Sometimes I post sarcastic things in here and some think I am serious. 

So do you want to basically tank the season by going with a rookie because that is basically what will happen as good as the AFC is. Andrew Luck's aren't out there.

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I am so excited about the colts defense I just want them to get their stuff together on offense. This defense is going to be so good.

Can't win without at least a good QB, I keep saying that as in a Jimmy or Matt or a Jameis. 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Which 1

None of them, draft one next year.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is probably why you mistaked me for me advocating Mariota because I was being sarcastic toward 2 or 3 other posters, saying yeah lets roll with Mariota. I was actually joking when I did post that because there is no way I would roll with him or a rookie. Sometimes I post sarcastic things in here and some think I am serious. 

So do you want to basically tank the season by going with a rookie because that is basically what will happen as good as the AFC is. Andrew Luck's aren't out there.

Honestly besides Watson, not a single QB available is gonna prevent that from happening. At least a rookie saves us coin that is hopefully used to find better weapons. Beyond that, we’re on a free fall until we find that next guy. 

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Maybe this is where CB pulls off the LA/Detroit type of trade. Watson goes to NO and then we trade for him because Houston can’t do anything about it at that point. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

That’d hilariously expensive but would so be worth it

Funny thing is we aren’t going after anyone.. we will ride with Sam next year. That’s the best thing to do. If he succeeds and balls out awesome saves us a draft pick. If he fails and does terrible we get a a great draft pick for our next QB. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

At least a rookie saves us coin that is hopefully used to find better weapons. Beyond that, we’re on a free fall until we find that next guy

I understand that logic 100%, but I feel like that's only happening if bossman (Jim) signs off on that. It's just really hard to see that because of $$$. 

Indy fans won't show up to the stadium for a 3-14 type team. Less money for Jim in 2022.

We're definitely in limbo though I agree until we figure this thing out. Short term fixes until then.

Archived