Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Schefter] Colts trade Wentz to Washington for 2 3d round picks

stitches

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Maybehe doesn’t want to pay car all that money and wants to draft one of his own next two seasons.

Why does Josh have to pay Carr more money?  Carr is not a FA.  

And how does Josh know which college QB will be better than Carr?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It's a win.

Colts get 2 3rd rounders for a Bust and it will be very difficult to replace him with someone worse.

Today's is a Good day for the colts. I don' know about the coming months but today is good.

I don’t know.. would bringing in Trubisky or Teddy or trading for Jimmy really be an upgrade? 

Roster seems to be too good to be playing QB carousel every year.

21 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Why isn't Matt Ryan isn't being mentioned as an option more? Would be Phillip Rivers-esque?

Is it because his contract sucks? Maybe they'd be willing to make something work. They seemingly are ready to move off of him & start the rebuild. 

Because his contract is terrible. I'd be all for Matt Ryan though.

1 minute ago, TheNextGM said:

I don’t know.. would bringing in Trubisky or Teddy or trading for Jimmy really be an upgrade? 

Roster seems to be too good to be playing QB carousel every year.

Yeah, the roster is so good that we need multiple WR and TE, a LT, edge rushers and cbs..... in addition to QB.

Dumb if you ask me.  We don't have the draft capital to be really competitive for a QB on the trade market or the draft board.

Should have given him one more year than if it doesn't got well look for a new QB with more draft capital.  

7 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

LT and defense?!

F that.  Our receiver and TE corps are complete garbage.  That's what you go all in on.

They drafted a TE last year and might draft another this year. They can get stuff out of the position without going insane. TE takes time to develop. Give it time.

Big money wide receivers in FA are like eating at the most rotten Taco Bell you've ever seen. You might get away with it but the odds are pretty good that your cheeks will be flapping to the white house in a short time. You don't overpay for that position.

I think LT and defense are highly likely the FA play.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why would Josh trade Carr, only to then leave himself with a QB problem to solve?  Makes no sense to trade Carr.

Carr isn’t going anywhere.

If it’s a trade, it’ll be JG.  But it will probably be a crap FA on a short-term contract with the plan being to draft a QB next year.

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Dumb if you ask me.  We don't have the draft capital to be really competitive for a QB on the trade market or the draft board.

Should have given him one more year than if it doesn't got well look for a new QB with more draft capital.  

Agreed. Without a first round pick, it’s going to be hard to trade for an upgrade.

Guess is they’ll sign a vet who won’t be better and may actually be worse.

24 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

They were so high on Brissett that they let him walk to Miami for $7.5M.

They only said they were high on him when they were hoping to sucker somebody into trading him for a 1st.

Yeah because they traded for Wentz.  The later does say they liked him.

Does this board universally hate Jimmy Garoppolo simply for the fact that we'd have to trade for him?

He can win games and he IS better than Wentz

Does this board universally hate Jimmy Garoppolo simply for the fact that we'd have to trade for him?

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I’m with you.  But it’s a minority opinion.  For now.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah because they traded for Wentz.  The later does say they liked him.

It says they were hoping to convince another team needing a QB they liked him.  Actions speak louder than words - especially in this business.

And their action was that they coughed up draft picks to trade for a QB that had been benched, happy to let Brissett walk for a 1 year low-dollar contract…which he went on to prove was still more than he was worth.

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

A slight upgrade at best and the draft capitol to get him along having to extend him immediately isn't worth it.    Plus he is coming off an injury.    

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

It isn’t like teams don’t trade this year and next years picks for positions in the draft or for players. It’s almost like we just became the team with the most cap money and an extra 2nd round pick next year. 

5 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

They drafted a TE last year and might draft another this year. They can get stuff out of the position without going insane. TE takes time to develop. Give it time.

Big money wide receivers in FA are like eating at the most rotten Taco Bell you've ever seen. You might get away with it but the odds are pretty good that your cheeks will be flapping to the white house in a short time. You don't overpay for that position.

I think LT and defense are highly likely the FA play.

Looks like our predictions were correct. I had him gone before 3/13. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is getting bad. 

Classic!

You we’re freaking out that we might have to release him and get nothing plus eat $15 mill. 

None of that happened.  

We are getting TWO 3’s and the 2nd one becomes a 2 if Wentz takes 70 percent of the snaps.  Plus they are eating all the money!

AND YOU'RE STILL NOT HAPPY!?!?!?!?! 

5 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Jimmy G = Wentz. 

31 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Why isn't Matt Ryan isn't being mentioned as an option more? Would be Phillip Rivers-esque?

Is it because his contract sucks? Maybe they'd be willing to make something work. They seemingly are ready to move off of him & start the rebuild. 

He is worse than Rivers but more importantly this is about the future of the franchise. They've played the starting vet route twice. They will go for the harder build now ie rookie and a cheap vet (if they can get Jimmy G cheap then they will however they cannot get him cheap unless he refuses to go to the other teams interested in him, we won't overpay for him). 

Colts fans....buckle up. Get ready to cheer a QB who you scorned all these years. Said QB will be better than you thought he was all along but he won't be a franchise QB. Your franchise QB is coming in the draft, either 2022 or 2023. Buckle up even though i believe this is the way (Mando!) and i think this is going to end very well for us

29 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

If you actually listen to Ballard on how he intends to play and what he and Frank want from a QB, Ryan fits it to a T.  Whether it's financially possible or otherwise is a different story.

Ryan would be a few steps up from Rivers in 2020 IMO.  

Just now, twfish said:

Lets grab Tyrod and draft a QB, the rest will be history

Tyrod isn't even the best available out of all the middle road QBs, he's really at the bottom if you ask me.  Minshew Mariota Tribusky Winston are all better.

After Jimmy G has just had surgery, too many variables could make a deal go south quickly.  He cant throw for 4 months, what if it takes longer?  There has been a lot of criticism about his arm strength in the past, what if it is even worse after surgery? With his timetable, when will he be practicing with the receiver's, getting timing down?  I sure don't want to see a quarterback that isn't up to potential until week 3-5, and another 1-4 start.

Archived