Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Schefter] Colts trade Wentz to Washington for 2 3d round picks

stitches

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We play WA LOL

I really don't think fans will make a big thing out of it. He was only a one year guy here.

But the first quarter boos will be funny.

Nice trade honestly. Got more than I thought, and the trade of 2nd rounders, conditional 2nd, and them paying Wentz's salary cap is all icing on the cake. Best possible scenario IMO. If Wentz plays 70% of the snaps, we'll only move down from a 1st to a 2nd as a penalty for this poor mistake of trading for Wentz. Good job Ballard!

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Doesn’t that depend on where we go from here?

Personally, I think they made a bad decision last year and compounded it into a worse one today.

If it was a bad idea last year,   how did this make it worse?

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

About 5 spots.

We could bring Jacoby back. Haaaaaa

I wouldn’t completely rule that out.  He knows Franks system and the Colts were high on him.  I don’t think it will happen but if they are looking at stop gap or a guy to start until a rookie is ready they could very well bring Jacoby back.

42 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Or Trubisky perhaps as a 1 year stop gap until the 2023 draft?

Trubisky was someone that I liked the idea of last season and after the reports of his growing and developing even more in Buffalo, I would love to bring him in on a 2 year deal.

39 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Crazy because he can’t even throw until July.

Yep, no thanks. Even when healthy, he's not that good.

31 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I really don't want Jimmy G. 

Felt the need to double down how much I don't want Jimmy G as well.

13 minutes ago, IinD said:

Can we just field an extra RB and screw the QB position?? Lol.

Glad we got something for him, but now we've literally got nothing.

We already have him: NYHEIM runs the Wishbone, with Taylor and Pascal!

NFL copycats will be doing it within 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Maybe Rivers comes back for a yr?   Trade picks for next yr to get a high draft on one of the top QB's?  

I...would actually be ok with this. Rivers is a statue, but he’s smart and accurate, and knows the Colts. Might not be the worst idea ever, but I doubt he’d be interested in a full year

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think it would be a let down if they got rid of all of Wentz salaries and got a extra draft pick just to waste it on Jimmy. Your not really gaining anything. 

Always thought it likely that we’d try to get picks for Wentz and use them for Jimmy G.

Would rather we use it for ammo to move up next year, but who knows.

Just now, chickenMan said:

I...would actually be ok with this. Rivers is a statue, but he’s smart and accurate, and knows the Colts. Might not be the worst idea ever, but I doubt he’d be interested in a full year

Ballard: Hey Philip we want you to return

Rivers: My wife is pregnant 

Ballard: Happy Excuse Me GIF

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

So...trading up for Carson Strong? Past that I don’t see what else you would do. I just hope we don’t trade those picks for Jimmy G.

Retain the picks and go after Strong. Really the only option that makes sense. No one outside of the two QBs that are already off the market would be an upgrade. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If it was a bad idea last year,   how did this make it worse?

Because we’re going to expend yet more resources to replace him with somebody who probably won’t be any better (and may well be worse)….and those resources are needed to address other deficiencies.

It would’ve made more sense to use this off-season to address those needs, give him one more year, and if his play doesn’t improve then use the high 1R draft pick we’ll have next year (with a better QB class, by most projections) to take a swing at a rookie.

37 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hoping the Colts can get an early 2023 2nd from Washington to make up for the loss of the 1st this year. That's not a bad return then for a guy who's not the guy at QB for the Colts. He lacks the mental fortitude to be a franchise QB to go deep in the playoffs.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We do have some picks to offer now if we want to move into the first for a rookie. As long as we don’t turn around and waste them on Jimmy.

Thing that's scary is nobody really cares for the QB class this year.

I hope they don't draft one just to draft one.

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts have 42nd pick now 

If QB they like falls to bottom 1st they will trade up

That's what I was thinking with the move up of 5 slots. 

Within striking range of the lower 1st.  The WASH third, which is a high third, and the WASH 2nd could get us into the bottom of the first.

Carson Strong would probably be there. or others.  Get the 5th year option. 

Sign Mariota.

Why isn't Matt Ryan isn't being mentioned as an option more? Would be Phillip Rivers-esque?

Is it because his contract sucks? Maybe they'd be willing to make something work. They seemingly are ready to move off of him & start the rebuild. 

Archived