Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Schefter] Colts trade Wentz to Washington for 2 3d round picks

stitches

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Couple things. 1. Pretty good return with 2 3rds. Even better that his 28 mill is off our books.

2. I think we get Jimmy G

Jimmy G? Could be plausible but only if the price is right, Ballard won't overpay for him.

This organization is solid, man. 

We took a chance, failed, reflected, didn’t dwell, didn’t stretch it farther than it needed to go, cut our losses & moved on. 

I thought we’d for sure have to eat some of his salary.

26 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's March 9th. FA has not started. The draft is 2 months away... There are more moves to come. They will be selling someone to the locker room. Don't worry about that. 

No, Ballard is already having a bad offseason, worse than last year. And it hasn't even started yet. 

Edit: /sarcasm

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We have no second round pick. That can’t be right.

Yes we do.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wait  we are giving up our 23 2nd round pick. Lol so if Wentz doesn’t play 70% we have no second round pick at all.

No. Our 23 2nd never came into it. We swap 22 2nds and maybe get their 23 2nd instead of 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Not sure why.  Wentz was terrible here.  We gave up a first rounder and a ton of cap space for 2 third rounders.  Let that sink in.  The Wentz trade was an absolute disaster.  It is better to admit and move on from the disaster fast.  I doubt we challenge TN next few years but at least we have a chance in 2023.  

Oh, I meant I'm surprised we were able to get what we did with the trade. All things considered this was a good deal on Ballard's end. 

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Nope. At least not what I saw from the latest terms. We are swapping our 22 second rounders and gaining an additional two 23' third round picks. So In 23, we have a 1st, a 2nd and three 3'rds with a chance of one of them becoming a 2nd. 

We're getting a 2022 3rd and 2023 3rd that could be a 2nd. Not 2 x 2023 3rds.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

No!  Nononononl NO!

You can't flip flop all 180 degrees in less than. What? 20 posts???  Lol. 

That's actually a long time for her.    She will come back to her original thought pretty soon

Archived