Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Schefter] Colts trade Wentz to Washington for 2 3d round picks

stitches

I would gave kept him, but if they was going to let him go anyway, this is great compensation.

We already had a ton of cap space. Now even more. Pick up 2 stud free agents, and a couple more good ones (which I'm assuming we can now do), and even with an average game manager type qb, we should make some noise. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Stop. Over. Reacting. To. Every. Thing. That. Happens.

She doesn’t know what that means. Everything is one extreme to the next. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

They absolutely have a plan.   My God.   Get a grip

Not that I’d want him but....

Watson?

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is a good option. Better than Jimmy G anyways... 

don’t have to give up draft picks and he will be cheap so yes it’s better then Jimmy. He has had injury concerns in the past with thdy neck but maybe he is past that. 

Whoever they get we have money but can they attract any FA with him.

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Kind of surprised. Okay, I'm really surprised....

Not sure why.  Wentz was terrible here.  We gave up a first rounder and a ton of cap space for 2 third rounders.  Let that sink in.  The Wentz trade was an absolute disaster.  It is better to admit and move on from the disaster fast.  I doubt we challenge TN next few years but at least we have a chance in 2023.  

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We still need a QB this year lol.

I won’t be shocked if it’s Jimmy G now. Can we use that third we just got for him?

no we don’t.  This team isn’t ready to be a SB contender.  No reason to blow through capital now just to be one and done or not even make the playoffs and then miss out on good young qbs AGAIN.

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Unless you have no QB and can’t get anyone to come here.

Wth are you always on about with all the "no one to come here"???

This isn't the NBA.  The team with the most cap space in an NFL off-season could be in freakin Siberia, and they will land who they want if they are willing to spend.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

don’t have to give up draft picks and he will be cheap so yes it’s better then Jimmy. He has had injury concerns in the past with thdy neck but maybe he is past that. 

Whoever they get we have money but can they attract any FA with him.

Who cares? I don't care about Mariota! This is not the main piece of that strategy/course of action - i.e. go for young QB, support him with a cheap FA. 

We are not attracting any major offensive FAs until we get a legit franchise QB. And it doesn't matter if it's Mariota, Wentz, Jimmy G as the stop gap. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wait  we are giving up our 23 2nd round pick. Lol so if Wentz doesn’t play 70% we have no second round pick at all.

no we traded 2nd round picks

this is a solid deal! I thought he'd get only a 2nd so this is superb. His next steps are very obvious and i think he'll get the guys he wants (draft and FA) and now it'll be up to Reich and our coaches to get that rookie up to speed by 2023 otherwise we'll be drafting QB again

Just now, bsteves said:

For 2 third round picks?? What a steal for Washington and a joke for us. Of the QBs available there's not one that is a considerable upgrade if an upgrade at all. 

they're also paying his entire salary, that is a big deal for us. 

Wait  we are giving up our 23 2nd round pick. Lol so if Wentz doesn’t play 70% we have no second round pick at all.

I think we’re just swapping 2nd round picks. I don’t see anything about our ‘23 second rounder.

Archived