Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Braden Smith had surgery on his left knee this off season.

2 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

I am curious to find out what the surgery was...I know it was left knee, but what type of surgery on the knee? 

A little more on the subject.  It seems Smith declined to say what the surgery was according to this article.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2024/05/14/colts-rt-braden-smiths-knee-already-in-a-better-spot-than-last-year/73689002007/

• Like 1

If I were to guess, probably a clean up of debris or something non ligament tear related. I’ve got a similar problem with my knees going on after years of army abuse. Debris from accelerated wear gets in the joint and causes extreme pain. But it’s a 30 minute clean up surgery and a 6-8 week recovery to full

so let’s hope that’s all this was

• Like 3

• w87r changed the title to Braden Smith had surgery on his left knee this off season.
2 hours ago, TheNewGuy said:

I am curious to find out what the surgery was...I know it was left knee, but what type of surgery on the knee? 

Typically, when the player puts off the surgery until this late in the off-season, it’s minor.   Arthroscopic likely to trim up some cartelidge.   I would guess that Smith should be good to go by Aug 1 so he can practice with the team.  

• Like 1

Yeah that was expected. Hopefully he stays healthy this season. In the mean time some young guys will get the chan e go show their stuff in OTA.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Typically, when the player puts off the surgery until this late in the off-season, it’s minor.   Arthroscopic likely to trim up some cartelidge.   I would guess that Smith should be good to go by Aug 1 so he can practice with the team.  

He had it a while ago. He didn’t just have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1