Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz Injury Thread

Keep him on PUP so that he can come back after 6 games, and thus not play 75% of the snaps and we give up only a 2nd rounder. 

Just kidding. :) 

Hope it is a minor thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Or these jokes! 

If you got jokes, this story is gonna need em'.

Seriously - both Kelly and Wentz.  Who is next?  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Patiently waiting on some Chad Kelly jokes now. 

Bring Alex Smith out of retirement for just 1 year??? :) 

Or give Rivers a call. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

This guy is made of glass.

Start prepping Eason. We didn't draft him for the fun of it.

Might be a bit harsh. But past injury issues was definitely one of many red flags.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I hurt my foot once and was fine in a day or two so I wouldn’t worry.  

Yes, I’m just kidding.  It still hurts.  Lol. 

my foot still hurts too

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Indefinitly is a word we don't want to hear. There are many bones in a foot.  Bad vibes about this one.

I believe indefinitely just means that they don't have any estimated time frame yet, so essentially Wentz is "out until further notice".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I believe indefinitely just means that they don't have any estimated time frame yet, so essentially Wentz is "out until further notice".

Dictionary terms, sure, that's exactly what it means.  Now, go look at hyperbole used when discussing injuries in the NFL over the past 20 years, and let us know just how often indefinitely ends up meaning not longer term, and that they just weren't sure when they used indefinite as a descriptor. Lol.... I probably have more toes than instances where that happened, and I only have one leg....

8 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

indefinitely?

Is that a team statement or Schfter and Wells speculation??

I ll wait for something official...

If Schfter is reporting it, it is 90% likely true

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

indefinitely?

Is that a team statement or Schfter and Wells speculation??

I ll wait for something official...

I think I saw that came from Marcus Brady but I'm not for certain.

He was mostly basing it off of "We don't know what he has"

Strange was apparently he got pain this morning but was fine in practice.  

5 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Dictionary terms, sure, that's exactly what it means.  Now, go look at hyperbole used when discussing injuries in the NFL over the past 20 years, and let us know just how often indefinitely ends up meaning not longer term, and that they just weren't sure when they used indefinite as a descriptor. Lol.... I probably have more toes than instances where that happened, and I only have one leg....

If they knew what was wrong and said indefinitely, I'd be concerned. He just went in for imaging, so they have no clue at all what is wrong.

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Strange was apparently he got pain this morning but was fine in practice.  

Not strange at all if it happened during practice yesterday, With the adrenaline pumping, it may not have bugged him at all, especially if it was a soft tissue issue. Since he took the last set of reps off, he probably felt it, but wasn't in much pain. It can take a little while for the adrenaline to wear off and the inflammation to really start.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He was having teata today. That is why he said that. Let’s wait until we have a diagnosis.

Just seems that at this point they would know more.  And they probably do.

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

If he has to miss time not many vets out there to back up Eason/ Sam winner. Blake Bortles best of a shaky lot, Ryan Finley ...ugh, Brett Hundley ...no thanks, Matt Barkley....pass

mustache leach GIF by ESPN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Shive changed the title to Wentz Injury Thread