Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Left Tackle(Leno,Fisher,Okung?)/Sam Tevi at LT (MERGE)

CS Coltsfan

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The current FA tackle situation is like the housing market here in the north east. Very low inventory. Houses are going quick and above asking price. If Ballard doesn't move quick....the inventory will be depleted .

The good thing is the draft and FA are over. So less teams competing for one. I think what Villanueva got is a good price for what we will have to pay.

11 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

You'd think he'd proof read if highlighting a word in capitals! I'm more inclined to believe people then lol

I think it was intentional as he misspelled Fowler as well.

Maybe not though?

I don't think we were interested in Villanueva though. Its been pretty common knowledge he was signing with Ravens once we passed the comp pick timeline.

29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

FLASE according to Webster's is a Fast Large-Angle Spin-Echo (medical imaging).

I probably shouldn't post the definition from urban dictionary...

My preference remains Fisher.    He's 30, he was performing at a high level until the injury.   Ballard knows him well from his days at KC.     Figured it made sense.

I'd be OK with Leno.   He's 29,  and now both or OL coaches have a history with him.   I assume it's a good history.   I've read his 2020 grades were good.

Back in Feb and early March, I was interested in Villanueva.   He's 32,  but has only played in the NFL about 5-6 years.   So, his body has low NFL miles on it.    And, as a military man who served and fought in Iraq,  he has Ballard desired character thru the roof.    But if his performance has fallen off,  then we passed and he's with Baltimore now.    I'm fine.

But I'd like to get this done.    I'm sorry to be Mr. Impatient.   But the longer this plays out,  it feels the greater the chance of something going wrong.    Can we please get this done?   

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am seeing Leno committed quite a few penalties. I wonder if that is from Trubisky hanging on to the ball to long.

It will happen from time to time, the expectations from a Charles Leno Jr. might be a little less than with an Eric Fisher for comparison though we might end up being just as effective with our OL when it is all said and done. So I think from that point of view, we will end up being happier with Charles Leno Jr. 

22 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am seeing Leno committed quite a few penalties. I wonder if that is from Trubisky hanging on to the ball to long.

He had 6 penalties last year.

If you are wondering about 2019, watch the youtube breakdown that was posted last night it talks about it.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

My preference remains Fisher.    He's 30, he was performing at a high level until the injury.   Ballard knows him well from his days at KC.     Figured it made sense.

I'd be OK with Leno.   He's 29,  and now both or OL coaches have a history with him.   I assume it's a good history.   I've read his 2020 grades were good.

Back in Feb and early March, I was interested in Villanueva.   He's 32,  but has only played in the NFL about 5-6 years.   So, his body has low NFL miles on it.    And, as a military man who served and fought in Iraq,  he has Ballard desired character thru the roof.    But if his performance has fallen off,  then we passed and he's with Baltimore now.    I'm fine.

But I'd like to get this done.    I'm sorry to be Mr. Impatient.   But the longer this plays out,  it feels the greater the chance of something going wrong.    Can we please get this done?   

Agree on the need to move decisively here and be competitive with the offer. I read a Carolina  Panthers blog that discusses how perfect Leno would be for them (even though they took the BYU tackle in the draft).  They have, according to that source, $17m in cap space. Obviously some of that will go to their draft picks but they would appear to be able to spend $8-9m/ year. That’s likely what it will take. Leno is healthy, available and pretty good. I like the match with the Colts. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Honestly when your talking playing every offensive snap that still isn’t bad.

In that 2019 YouTube video 5 is average for penalties for LT’s in the NFL.  That video also said he is ideal for a zone blocking scheme.  I hope we move quickly here and give him a two year deal.  He is a good solid NFL LT that just fell into our laps.  I think he will find a new team very quickly.  Hopefully it’s us.

Completely agree. Ballard cannot wait and let these remaining LTs get scooped up by other NFL teams. They have to add a competent and consistent starter at LT and Tevi cannot be that option for the longterm in 2021. Maybe for a few games, but not the entire season. 

I can agree on the need for expediency, but with Fisher, you may not end up signing him until he's further along in the rehab process. Even if you sign him soon, he's most likely not starting day 1, we wouldn't know when he actually would be able to start, and there's always the possibility that he's not as good as he was before the injury.

With Leno, we could sign him soon, he's starting day 1, he already has familiarity with the OL coaches (I think much more important than Ballard's familiarity with Fisher) so he already has the established relationships and knows the technique they teach, and we know what we're getting in him.

I think Fisher provides the highest potential, but signing Leno asap is the best option. Locking up an average LT with the rest of our line is more than enough.

Bet #1 - Colts will take an OT with their first pick

Doubled down - Colts screwed up, but perhaps they'll fix it with the second pick!

Doubled again - Ahhhggggg! Now they HAVE to take one with our 4th rounder!

Doubled again - Are you kidding me? Ok, they have a plan, it's to sign a FA. 

What happens when Tevi starts the season and does well enough?

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I can agree on the need for expediency, but with Fisher, you may not end up signing him until he's further along in the rehab process. Even if you sign him soon, he's most likely not starting day 1, we wouldn't know when he actually would be able to start, and there's always the possibility that he's not as good as he was before the injury.

With Leno, we could sign him soon, he's starting day 1, he already has familiarity with the OL coaches (I think much more important than Ballard's familiarity with Fisher) so he already has the established relationships and knows the technique they teach, and we know what we're getting in him.

I think Fisher provides the highest potential, but signing Leno asap is the best option. Locking up an average LT with the rest of our line is more than enough.

We need to get one of the two signed asap. If Ballard tries to be too cute....they will both be gone.

18 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Bet #1 - Colts will take an OT with their first pick

Doubled down - Colts screwed up, but perhaps they'll fix it with the second pick!

Doubled again - Ahhhggggg! Now they HAVE to take one with our 4th rounder!

Doubled again - Are you kidding me? Ok, they have a plan, it's to sign a FA. 

What happens when Tevi starts the season and does well enough?

Than Ballard is GM of the decade

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Leno has started like 98 consecutive starts. That’s durable. 

Until you just said that jinx

39 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I wonder if Ballard needs any assistance in dialing the phone number

I will volunteer, to dial

I would still prefer Fisher , but I would be happy with Leno as well

Bravo!    Well played Sir!    :thmup:

:colts:

Archived