Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Left Tackle(Leno,Fisher,Okung?)/Sam Tevi at LT (MERGE)


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The current FA tackle situation is like the housing market here in the north east. Very low inventory. Houses are going quick and above asking price. If Ballard doesn't move quick....the inventory will be depleted .

The good thing is the draft and FA are over. So less teams competing for one. I think what Villanueva got is a good price for what we will have to pay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DoubleE Colt said:

You'd think he'd proof read if highlighting a word in capitals! I'm more inclined to believe people then lol

I think it was intentional as he misspelled Fowler as well.

 

 

Maybe not though?

 

I don't think we were interested in Villanueva though. Its been pretty common knowledge he was signing with Ravens once we passed the comp pick timeline.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

 

FLASE according to Webster's is a Fast Large-Angle Spin-Echo (medical imaging).

 

I probably shouldn't post the definition from urban dictionary...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My preference remains Fisher.    He's 30, he was performing at a high level until the injury.   Ballard knows him well from his days at KC.     Figured it made sense.

 

I'd be OK with Leno.   He's 29,  and now both or OL coaches have a history with him.   I assume it's a good history.   I've read his 2020 grades were good.

 

Back in Feb and early March, I was interested in Villanueva.   He's 32,  but has only played in the NFL about 5-6 years.   So, his body has low NFL miles on it.    And, as a military man who served and fought in Iraq,  he has Ballard desired character thru the roof.    But if his performance has fallen off,  then we passed and he's with Baltimore now.    I'm fine.

 

But I'd like to get this done.    I'm sorry to be Mr. Impatient.   But the longer this plays out,  it feels the greater the chance of something going wrong.    Can we please get this done?   

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a interesting stat considering he would be playing beside big Q.

 

 

 


Another thing to add Bears faces Saints, Colts, Bucs and Rams DLs those first 10 games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is a interesting stat considering he would be playing beside big Q.

 

 

 

 

...and what can he then do next to Q? It would be fun to imagine. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am seeing Leno committed quite a few penalties. I wonder if that is from Trubisky hanging on to the ball to long.

 

It will happen from time to time, the expectations from a Charles Leno Jr. might be a little less than with an Eric Fisher for comparison though we might end up being just as effective with our OL when it is all said and done. So I think from that point of view, we will end up being happier with Charles Leno Jr. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am seeing Leno committed quite a few penalties. I wonder if that is from Trubisky hanging on to the ball to long.

He had 6 penalties last year.

 

If you are wondering about 2019, watch the youtube breakdown that was posted last night it talks about it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

My preference remains Fisher.    He's 30, he was performing at a high level until the injury.   Ballard knows him well from his days at KC.     Figured it made sense.

 

I'd be OK with Leno.   He's 29,  and now both or OL coaches have a history with him.   I assume it's a good history.   I've read his 2020 grades were good.

 

Back in Feb and early March, I was interested in Villanueva.   He's 32,  but has only played in the NFL about 5-6 years.   So, his body has low NFL miles on it.    And, as a military man who served and fought in Iraq,  he has Ballard desired character thru the roof.    But if his performance has fallen off,  then we passed and he's with Baltimore now.    I'm fine.

 

But I'd like to get this done.    I'm sorry to be Mr. Impatient.   But the longer this plays out,  it feels the greater the chance of something going wrong.    Can we please get this done?   

Agree on the need to move decisively here and be competitive with the offer. I read a Carolina  Panthers blog that discusses how perfect Leno would be for them (even though they took the BYU tackle in the draft).  They have, according to that source, $17m in cap space. Obviously some of that will go to their draft picks but they would appear to be able to spend $8-9m/ year. That’s likely what it will take. Leno is healthy, available and pretty good. I like the match with the Colts. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

He had 6 penalties last year.

 

If you are wondering about 2019, watch the youtube breakdown that was posted last night it talks about it.

Honestly when your talking playing every offensive snap that still isn’t bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Honestly when your talking playing every offensive snap that still isn’t bad.

In that 2019 YouTube video 5 is average for penalties for LT’s in the NFL.  That video also said he is ideal for a zone blocking scheme.  I hope we move quickly here and give him a two year deal.  He is a good solid NFL LT that just fell into our laps.  I think he will find a new team very quickly.  Hopefully it’s us.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

My preference remains Fisher.    He's 30, he was performing at a high level until the injury.   Ballard knows him well from his days at KC.     Figured it made sense.

 

I'd be OK with Leno.   He's 29,  and now both or OL coaches have a history with him.   I assume it's a good history.   I've read his 2020 grades were good.

 

Back in Feb and early March, I was interested in Villanueva.   He's 32,  but has only played in the NFL about 5-6 years.   So, his body has low NFL miles on it.    And, as a military man who served and fought in Iraq,  he has Ballard desired character thru the roof.    But if his performance has fallen off,  then we passed and he's with Baltimore now.    I'm fine.

 

But I'd like to get this done.    I'm sorry to be Mr. Impatient.   But the longer this plays out,  it feels the greater the chance of something going wrong.    Can we please get this done?   

 

Completely agree. Ballard cannot wait and let these remaining LTs get scooped up by other NFL teams. They have to add a competent and consistent starter at LT and Tevi cannot be that option for the longterm in 2021. Maybe for a few games, but not the entire season. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if Ballard needs any assistance in dialing the phone number

 

I will volunteer, to dial

 

I would still prefer Fisher , but I would be happy with Leno as well

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I wonder if Ballard needs any assistance in dialing the phone number

 

I will volunteer, to dial

 

I would still prefer Fisher , but I would be happy with Leno as well

 

 

 

 

Shemar Moore Swat GIF by CBS

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

My preference remains Fisher.    He's 30, he was performing at a high level until the injury.   Ballard knows him well from his days at KC.     Figured it made sense.

 

I'd be OK with Leno.   He's 29,  and now both or OL coaches have a history with him.   I assume it's a good history.   I've read his 2020 grades were good.

 

Back in Feb and early March, I was interested in Villanueva.   He's 32,  but has only played in the NFL about 5-6 years.   So, his body has low NFL miles on it.    And, as a military man who served and fought in Iraq,  he has Ballard desired character thru the roof.    But if his performance has fallen off,  then we passed and he's with Baltimore now.    I'm fine.

 

But I'd like to get this done.    I'm sorry to be Mr. Impatient.   But the longer this plays out,  it feels the greater the chance of something going wrong.    Can we please get this done?   

I can agree on the need for expediency, but with Fisher, you may not end up signing him until he's further along in the rehab process. Even if you sign him soon, he's most likely not starting day 1, we wouldn't know when he actually would be able to start, and there's always the possibility that he's not as good as he was before the injury.

 

With Leno, we could sign him soon, he's starting day 1, he already has familiarity with the OL coaches (I think much more important than Ballard's familiarity with Fisher) so he already has the established relationships and knows the technique they teach, and we know what we're getting in him.

 

I think Fisher provides the highest potential, but signing Leno asap is the best option. Locking up an average LT with the rest of our line is more than enough.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bet #1 - Colts will take an OT with their first pick

Doubled down - Colts screwed up, but perhaps they'll fix it with the second pick!

Doubled again - Ahhhggggg! Now they HAVE to take one with our 4th rounder!

Doubled again - Are you kidding me? Ok, they have a plan, it's to sign a FA. 

 

What happens when Tevi starts the season and does well enough?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I can agree on the need for expediency, but with Fisher, you may not end up signing him until he's further along in the rehab process. Even if you sign him soon, he's most likely not starting day 1, we wouldn't know when he actually would be able to start, and there's always the possibility that he's not as good as he was before the injury.

 

With Leno, we could sign him soon, he's starting day 1, he already has familiarity with the OL coaches (I think much more important than Ballard's familiarity with Fisher) so he already has the established relationships and knows the technique they teach, and we know what we're getting in him.

 

I think Fisher provides the highest potential, but signing Leno asap is the best option. Locking up an average LT with the rest of our line is more than enough.

We need to get one of the two signed asap. If Ballard tries to be too cute....they will both be gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Bet #1 - Colts will take an OT with their first pick

Doubled down - Colts screwed up, but perhaps they'll fix it with the second pick!

Doubled again - Ahhhggggg! Now they HAVE to take one with our 4th rounder!

Doubled again - Are you kidding me? Ok, they have a plan, it's to sign a FA. 

 

What happens when Tevi starts the season and does well enough?

Than Ballard is GM of the decade

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Leno has started like 98 consecutive starts. That’s durable. 
 

 

Until you just said that jinx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I wonder if Ballard needs any assistance in dialing the phone number

 

I will volunteer, to dial

 

I would still prefer Fisher , but I would be happy with Leno as well

 

 

 

 

Bravo!    Well played Sir!    :thmup:

 

 

:colts:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


More potential competition for Ballard get a decent LT.

Colts are going to have to move fast before someone else signs Fisher and Leno.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:


More potential competition for Ballard get a decent LT.

The union should be ashamed of themselves telling these players to not go to facilities. This guy may lose a ton of money.

 

Zak Keefer just said yes the colts are interested in Leno.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


More potential competition for Ballard get a decent LT.

This is the last thing we needed to happen right now.  I bet the Ravens are relieved they moved quickly on Villanueva.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive locked this topic
  • Shive unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...