Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Left Tackle(Leno,Fisher,Okung?)/Sam Tevi at LT (MERGE)

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Bet #1 - Colts will take an OT with their first pick

Doubled down - Colts screwed up, but perhaps they'll fix it with the second pick!

Doubled again - Ahhhggggg! Now they HAVE to take one with our 4th rounder!

Doubled again - Are you kidding me? Ok, they have a plan, it's to sign a FA. 

What happens when Tevi starts the season and does well enough?

Madness lol

• Haha 1

Something I haven’t thought about now the draft is over. Is there someone the colts could trade for a pick in next years draft. Probably not since we don’t know what pick we will be missing.

15 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Colts are going to have to move fast before someone else signs Fisher and Leno.

Ballard isn't good at the free agency game. He tries to be too cute. He will try and lowball and lose out.We won't get either Leno or Fisher.

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ballard isn't good at the free agency game. He tries to be too cute. He will try and lowball and lose out.We won't get either Leno or Fisher.

We might not get either guy, but that doesn't mean he tries to be too cute.  He has a price he is willing to pay and that is it. He isn't willing to over pay, which isn't the same as trying to lowball.

• Like 4

I am expecting Leno to get $10-$12m per season.

I would offer him a 3yr $33m deal with $22m guaranteed. First year and 2nd year guaranteed.

I think this would be a bargain.

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

Anyway, I think you are way off here. Ballard doesn't low ball, he sets a value and that's what it is.

Back to Leno though, even though there isn't very many teams that need a LT, and not a whole lot of money out there, Ballard isn't going to try and rip anyone off, so he will pay him what he thinks is fair value. With Villanueva getting $7m to play RT, Leno will command $10m plus and Ballard I think will be prepared to give him the money.

Whether it works out we will see. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, luv_pony_express said:

It might be.  But it’s a black eye for Ballard that we’re in that predicament.

It seems obvious he hates the idea of trading up - and hates even more the idea of drafting a position just to draft a position.  And he apparently wasn’t in love with any of the OTs that were in our reach.

I get all that.  But you can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  When ardent anti-communist Winston Churchill was charged with hypocrisy for partnering up with Stalin in WW2, he famously quipped that, when it came to the safety of Britain his “conscience became a good girl.”

I think this draft presented a situation where Ballard needed some more flexibility.  Having rules and principles is good - but being rigid or impractical about them can be counter-productive.

We’ll see how it pans out.  There’s still plenty of time left in the off-season.  And Ballard has earned the benefit of the doubt.

We are a few days removed from the draft colts are not done tinkering with roster , vets are being cut each day so guys come available and it’s a couple guys on Fa , 

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Something I haven’t thought about now the draft is over. Is there someone the colts could trade for a pick in next years draft. Probably not since we don’t know what pick we will be missing.

No.

With a conditional pick out next year it just make it to hard. Its like being out both those picks, unless you remove conditions amd that wouldn't be a good move.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

No.

With a conditional pick out next year it just make it to hard. Its like being out both those picks, unless you remove conditions amd that wouldn't be a good move.

We are likely to get at least two comp picks. Won't offset a 1st or 2nd rounder, but we should have an extra 4th & 6th at min once Houston signs elsewhere

40 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is the last thing we needed to happen right now.  I bet the Ravens are relieved they moved quickly on Villanueva.

They didn't really move quickly. This deal was agreed upon a couple weeks ago. It just couldn't get finalized till yesterday.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

We are likely to get at least two comp picks. Won't offset a 1st or 2nd rounder, but we should have an extra 4th & 6th at min once Houston signs elsewhere

Houston signing somewhere does nothing for us at this point. We would not get a comp pick for him.

We already are sitting on 2 comp picks for Autry and Brissett.

Still without a 1st and 2nd essentially until conditions are earned Ballard will likely keep his remaining picks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

No.

I was kind of thinking maybe a salary cap casualty someone would be willing to take a 3rd or 4th for. Someone that is disgruntled maybe.

1 minute ago, Moe said:

When can we sign players without affecting comp picks?

It was yesterday at 4pm.

1 minute ago, Moe said:

When can we sign players without affecting comp picks?

Now.

Leno nor Fisher would count against comp formula anyway they were released.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I was kind of thinking maybe a salary cap casualty someone would be willing to take a 3rd or 4th for. Someone that is disgruntled maybe.

I don't see it, maybe Ertz for a 5th or 6th? Still doubt it though. Small chance 1 of the guys that had their 5th year option declined, but then again a 3rd or 4th wouldn't be enough for those guys most likely.

Only position we really need is LT and if we don't bring in one of the FAs then we will just be planning to fill LT with Tevi(as stated by Ballard and Irsay) or shifting our line around. Ballard loves his picks to much.

I could see a potential player for player trade later. 

If an injury occurs during training camp, that would probably increase the chances of a trade.

Just my opinion though.

16 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This thread is going to turn into all the QB threads.

Hopefully with you dropping a bunch of twitter talk for me to check out, and hopefully with us landing one of these guys we want. That is how the QB threads played out.

The players are not happy with the union telling them to stay away from facilities. My guess when in person voluntary workouts start everyone is going to be there. Sorry a little off topic.

He won’t be able to officially sign with anyone until after June 1st. I would think we will know where he will go before then. But he really doesn’t have to be in a hurry to accept a offer.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Well Well. Maybe in for a physical.

Lol we all post at the same time.

Yes, I see this as Ballard doing his due diligence and getting the doctors to assess how Eric is getting on with his rehab. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He won’t be able to officially sign with anyone until after June 1st. I would think we will know where he will go before then. But he really doesn’t have to be in a hurry to accept a offer.

He can officially sign immediately. Trey Burton signed with the Colts on April 22nd last year, 5 days after his post June 1st release.

Bears just have to keep his money on books till June 1st before it clears.

Either way, it sure looks with the Fisher report that we will be trying to bring someone in.

Pretty confident 1 of these guys will be hete next year.

• Like 3

Just now, JediXMan said:

Bruh Colts really going for the all Achilles team lol.

Seems we are on the heels of getting something done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Imagine this. Fisher comes back completly healthy and maybe doesn’t miss any games or just a couple. We got Wentz and two stud defenders. Then added a weapon for Wentz in the draft. lol we should be so good. We can probably get Fisher on a one year deal too since he is coming off the injury.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Seems like this guy is starting to get injured as he gets older. Leno I think would be better.

Yeah, I think Leno comes with less worries.

Im good with either though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I think Leno comes with less worries.

Im good with either though.

I think another point that comes into this is the medium term outlook. We probably won’t have a 1st round pick to draft a Tackle next year so I see whoever we sign, will likely be on a 2 year deal. Even though Fischer will be unavailable for a lot of the first year, over two years I think I prefer him as the better talent than Leno.

If he passes his physical and the Achilles looks good my guess is he will be a colt by the end of the week. Like Holder says in his tweet he needs to be ready day one. We aren’t going to sign him if they think he will miss half the season.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think another point that comes into this is the medium term outlook. We probably won’t have a 1st round pick to draft a Tackle next year so I see whoever we sign, will likely be on a 2 year deal. Even though Fischer will be unavailable for a lot of the first year, over two years I think I prefer him as the better talent than Leno.

Several sources say he could be ready by week one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If he passes his physical and the Achilles looks good my guess is he will be a colt by the end of the week. Like Holder says in his tweet he needs to be ready day one. We aren’t going to sign him if they think he will miss half the season.

Several sources say he could be ready by week one. 

Ive read those sources. But it would be prudent not to expect a player to be ready to play 8 months after an injury like this.

55 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I have been reading a bit more on this surgery

There is such a wide band of expected injury recovery time

Some say 6-8 months, most say 12 months for full recovery.

The ready in August statement may be agent nonsense

Getting Eric Fisher on a 2 year deal, and not having him play this year WHILE we pay him seems a bit crazy. If he was 26... MAYBE

This makes it tougher

Es NO BUENO.....

Maybe Leno is a better option 

• Like 1

• Shive locked this topic
  • Shive unlocked this topic