Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Left Tackle(Leno,Fisher,Okung?)/Sam Tevi at LT (MERGE)

CS Coltsfan

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I totally agree. The biggest question will be does Leno have a big market where Ballard will get out bidded. I assume his relationship with Strausser is a plus along with playing beside big Q.

Leno has a 2021 base salary of 8,900,000. It would seem like he has no market close to that number as they certainly must have researched his trade value before just releasing him. I would think a 2 year deal for around 13-14 mill with maybe 9 mill guaranteed should do it. Seems to me that if Ballard likes him , it would be a no brainer as they were talking about bring Houston back before the draft. Plus there were a massive amount of tackles taken in the first 3 rounds of the draft , so far less teams with a need now. Plus the fact that there isn't that much FA money left . 

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I really don’t get why the Bears cut him yeah they save about 8 million but their OT depth took a hit. Especially if the rookie LT struggles and or gets injured. Having said all that wouldn’t mind if the Colts signed him.

Cap casualty...

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I really don’t get why the Bears cut him yeah they save about 8 million but their OT depth took a hit. Especially if the rookie LT struggles and or gets injured. Having said all that wouldn’t mind if the Colts signed him.

That is a huge amount of cap space when all you have is 400k.  They could find a depth tackle for a lot less than 8m.  We did.

6 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Leno has a 2021 base salary of 8,900,000. It would seem like he has no market close to that number as they certainly must have researched his trade value before just releasing him. I would think a 2 year deal for around 13-14 mill with maybe 9 mill guaranteed should do it. Seems to me that if Ballard likes him , it would be a no brainer as they were talking about bring Houston back before the draft. Plus there were a massive amount of tackles taken in the first 3 rounds of the draft , so far less teams with a need now. Plus the fact that there isn't that much FA money left . 

Good point about them not trading him.Unless they just love the person he is so much they wanted to let him decide where he wanted to go. Or at least it want going to be a high pick. 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That is a huge amount of cap space when all you have is 400k.  They could find a depth tackle for a lot less than 8m.  We did.

Didn’t know it was that low cut makes more sense now.

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Kevin Durant is another

I think is probably a 50/50 thing of full recovery

Wasn't talking about full recovery odds, I was talking about estimated recovery time. Kevin Durant didn't play for 18 months.

18 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Kevin Durant is another

I think is probably a 50/50 thing of full recovery

Full recovery only 50/50?!?

Huh?

I think if there was any chance that a full recovery was only a 50/50 proposition there is no way they’d have taken Dayo.

Are you saying 50/50 for a full recovery this year?   Or ever?   Which one?   Either way, I can’t imagine the medical view is 50/50. 

Clearly we have seen the medical reports.  We are optimistic about the kid.  Even with our optimism, I’ve been cautious.  I’ve been telling people Dayo will likely be situational this year, and that we won’t see the full player until 2022.   JMO.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

The receivers were there, they were open, and he chose to ignore them to force the ball down field. When he did try to hit the short to mid-range passes we watched him throw Hundreds of balls Late, High, and to the Wrong shoulder. It was Pathetic how bad he was at the heart of the passing game, certainly for the first 3+ years. 
 He stood in there like Superman, with many a pass rusher unable to pull him down, but many knocked him flat on his... back after he didn't throw to the receiver open right in front of him. And he said "nice hit"!!

Well depending on when you watched the tape when we were running Arians system its looking deep pass first, intermediate, then short pass last. So fundamentally a short pass could be open early but he won't get to it because it's his last read.

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Get it done Ballard.

Would feel a little better if it was someone other than Jason Spears with the report.

I feel good about it anyway,  but where is the Foshinator when we need him? Lol.

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Well depending on when you watched the tape when we were running Arians system its looking deep pass first, intermediate, then short pass last. So fundamentally a short pass could be open early but he won't get to it because it's his last read.

I still think they should look at bringing J Houston back.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Full recovery only 50/50?!?

Huh?

I think if there was any chance that a full recovery was only a 50/50 proposition there is no way they’d have taken Dayo.

Are you saying 50/50 for a full recovery this year?   Or ever?   Which one?   Either way, I can’t imagine the medical view is 50/50. 

Clearly we have seen the medical reports.  We are optimistic about the kid.  Even with our optimism, I’ve been cautious.  I’ve been telling people Dayo will likely be situational this year, and that we won’t see the full player until 2022.   JMO.

I still think we should consider bringing Justin Houston back.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

The receivers were there, they were open, and he chose to ignore them to force the ball down field. When he did try to hit the short to mid-range passes we watched him throw Hundreds of balls Late, High, and to the Wrong shoulder. It was Pathetic how bad he was at the heart of the passing game, certainly for the first 3+ years. 
 He stood in there like Superman, with many a pass rusher unable to pull him down, but many knocked him flat on his... back after he didn't throw to the receiver open right in front of him. And he said "nice hit"!!

Luck has been retired for two years and you still haven’t let go of a viewpoint that has been widely rejected and laughed at.

Feel free to join us in 2021.   You’ll find plenty of new things to complain about right now.   

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would feel a little better if it was someone other than Jason Spears with the report.

I feel good about it anyway,  but where is the Foshinator when we need him? Lol.

To tell you the truth he was right about a lot of stuff. People need to understand having interest doesn’t mean they will be a colt. He had the Dayo info weeks before the draft. A team can have interest and it ends up not happening for a variety of reasons.  The only reason fosh had the Wentz stuff was he had Phili connections.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Checking out Leno's measurables.  He's a little shorter at 6'3"", but with 34.18 arms and very fast shuttle and short cone.  Yeah, he seems like a Ballard dude.  

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still think we should consider bringing Justin Houston back.

I wouldn’t complain if we did, but Ballard sounded pretty firm about his status with the team.   The train has left the station and Houston isn’t on it. 

When Ballard said the DL room was pretty full, I think that ended things. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

To tell you the truth he was right about a lot of stuff. People need to understand having interest doesn’t mean they will be a colt. He had the Dayo info weeks before the draft. A team can have interest and it ends up not happening for a variety of reasons. 

Settle down, just messing with you. 

I am going to be looking for any and all twitter news and with no social medias, I will be relying on you to bring me the good news the quickest.

Please and thanks.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t complain if we did, but Ballard sounded pretty firm about his status with the team.   The train has left the station and Houston isn’t on it. 

Yeah I wouldn't mind either, but like you said, it sounded pretty final when he said we lost Autry and Houston at his post draft pressor.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wonder if houston will hold out until after camp or the closer we get to the season. If that’s the case it could happen if Dayo has a setback or they cut Banogu or something.

14 minutes ago, #12. said:

Checking out Leno's measurables.  He's a little shorter at 6'3"", but with 34.18 arms and very fast shuttle and short cone.  Yeah, he seems like a Ballard dude.  

Yeah, but he isn’t 6’3” flat, but 6’3” 7/8.

So closer to 6’4”.

But of course those arms are the thing that gives him the advantage.

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I hate to disagree with a fellow Colts fan, but I would put money on the fact that we sign another LT

PM me if you are interested

We are going to be ok

I think we all have to eventually get to the point where we rally around Ballard and trust that he will bring in the right re-inforcements that will be ready by game 1 start. We may not have much choice but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth going through all the disagreements with fellow fans because ultimately, the team and everyone is going to need our support. 

Sorry if it seems like an "aha" moment for me but I will try to focus on things I agree with my fellow Colts fans as much as possible over the next few weeks because negativity continuously can drag everyone down, everyone just realizes it at different points. :) 

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This person has has had a lot  inside stuff right. If this is true the deal shouldn’t take long.

I saw it on Reddit. I don’t know how to post links from threads here. It shows up weird.

keep them coming red carpet GIF by E!

At this point I’ll be almost disappointed if he doesn’t sign with the Colts.

Seems like the ideal option for us now. Sign a 2-3 year deal. Then draft a OT next year or in the 2023 draft.

Archived