Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, Nov. 29, 2020, 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

We're not done yet, a whole half yet to play. We need to make some defensive adjustments, and go high-tempo for all of our offensive possessions until we catch up or  hopefully take the lead. 

each team has around 13 drives a game . colts would have to score at least  3 touchdowns out of 5 drives to just tie it .   that is if they hold them scoreless .    colts to have a chance will have to score at least 4 touchdowns and play 2000 ravens defense . then they have a chance

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Stop. Every time it’s the same excuse. It wasn’t a bad call. Both penalties were clear as day. Cut it out with the conspiracy theories.

It’s not a conspiracy it’s calls the officials sometimes let go they didn’t here.  It is what it is.  Given the defenses lack of effort it’s also a non-factor.

10 minutes ago, Colts Fan In L.A. said:

Thinking the same thing.  Gonna watch on mute 

10 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Muting my TV

I'm on siriusxm Colts station (radio)

7 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Are the players allowed to pull on that ponytail on Henry?

Absolutely... but Henry says you have to catch me first...

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

When did we lose AC?!

Yep

On the Brissett TD

4 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

What adjustments? Put 9 men in the box to stop the run and let Tannehill shred this porous secondary?

That's the way Venturi says he'd rather lose this game, rather than take a demoralizing pounding by Henry.

If we pull this out it will be a miracle of miracles. We have not stopped them at all and our defensive miscues and penalties are killers. Might be a good game to let Jacoby get some snaps  and not risk having Rivers get killed. Titans are going to tee off on what is now a weak line without Kelly and Castanzo. 

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm on siriusxm Colts station (radio)

Absolutely... but Henry says you have to catch me first...

On the Brissett TD

That's the way Venturi says he'd rather lose this game, rather than take a demoralizing pounding by Henry.

How bad of an injury to AC?

I’ve learned never to count out Colts 2nd half comebacks, but I am dubious.

Sadly I stand by my thought that the winner of this game wins the division.  Such bad timing for all the players that couldn’t play today.

Now I fear the Colts are really in tough to even make the playoffs as a WC, with the Browns and Ravens having already beaten the Colts.  After this game, aside from the necessity of taking care of business vs the Texans and the Jags, the Raiders game becomes utterly critical.  If the Colts don’t come back miraculously today, if they lose to the Raiders, they will miss the playoffs.  

I am beginning to have a really bad feeling about 2020.  lol

Just now, coming on strong said:

each team has around 13 drives a game . colts would have to score at least  3 touchdowns out of 5 drives to just tie it .   that is if they hold them scoreless .    colts to have a chance will have to score at least 4 touchdowns and play 2000 ravens defense . then they have a chance

It looked pretty bleak when we were down 21 to the Bengals or 14 twice to the Packers and we found a way to get it done in both of those cases.

Our defense has traditionally played alot better in the second half of games, so if we can get the offense going, we gave a chance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s not a conspiracy it’s calls the officials sometimes let go they didn’t here.  It is what it is.  

It is because every time he gets called for something it’s the “refs”. Any time it’s some fan favorite that hasn’t done anything it’s the refs. I’ve heard this for years on this board. That’s 3 straight weeks he’s had a DPI. It’s not the refs. The player is terrible. He also got beat by Brown on that TD play. Guess that wasn’t his fault either though.

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

one quick positive for this moment. The Raiders and Browns are currently losing. Even after we lose this game, we have a good shot at one of the wild card spots

I'll take it.

Just gotta survive this beating and hope others flop with us this weekend.

Just now, ScotColt said:

Hope Frank is giving the best half time speech of all time right now

I don’t know if Frank can fix this with a speech at some point his players have to decide they are sick of getting punched in the mouth.  That’s what they did last week.  If you are in the NFL and need a speech from a coach for that to happen you shouldn’t be in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course if we lose it will make it tougher to win the division but we still would have about a 40% chance so not impossible due to splitting with them. We would need a little help but Tennessee still has to play GB and the Browns.

I think to win the division we have to split between the raiders and steelers and win all the other games

Halftime thoughts

1.  I have been one to criticize the D multiple times this year, but realistically, can't say that this is surprising considering who we had and didn't have at the D-line, the type of team we were going up against.  Bad combination of events and frustrating that it happens in a key divisional game where a win would have really put in drivers seat for AFC south.  I guess thats the breaks of trying to have a season while battling a pandemic.  

2.  The only path this team has to winning (especially against playoff caliber opponents) is when the defense plays lights out, strong football.  The offense is not an explosive play offense.  They are not capable of playing shootout type games.  They will draw blanks first when that happens.  When they are consistently playing from deficits, it is only a matter of time before they are unable to come through.

3. If things don't turn quickly in the 3rd, it might be best for Rivers and other starters to sit.  No point in risking further injuries.  We still have a lot of big games left and best to have our best players available for those. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agre, but....The one call was weak as can be. I watched it 3 times. Our WRs have gotten much worse. 

I did not watch the face penalty. 

I thought the first one was legit and the 2nd one was sketchy . Problem is he's constantly using that "arm bar " and officials are now looking for it. I thought he used it again on that first call but I could be wrong. This game is too painful for me to back up and watch plays again. 

On another subject , it was incredible how the O line collapsed when Clark replaced AC. I realize some of it was the Titans disregarded the run but IMO as good as Ballard is , he really messed up not securing some back up T help this off season.

• Like 1