Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, Nov. 29, 2020, 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

28 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

OK.  But I would only do that when and if we’re eliminated.  I doubt Reich would do that even in that circumstance.  But you can’t put a bubble team’s playoff aspirations into the hands of a rookie QB with no game experience.

My only point is that I don’t think Rivers is the guy we need.  Not this year and certainly not next year.

But it’s hard, really hard (and often involves a stroke or two of sheer luck), to find a franchise quarterback in the NFL.  Realistically, there are only about 7 or 8 genuine studs playing at any one time.  And because the NFL has become such a pass oriented league, the 24ish teams that don’t have one of them are always striving to find one.

I was referring to next year versus trading for Sam Darnold

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Hard to call plays, when there’s consistent pressure and your QB has to rush his throws. If we don’t get healthy, see ya next year. And Rock must go.

Except his play calling is frequently questionable even with AC.  And the Titans pass rush was not the the biggest reason we lost this game.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Omg this is not a game to be blaming rivers. 

i didnt blame rivers for the game . i said the colts have to keep teams under 30 to have a chance because rivers is old and cant carry a team anymore .  that is not blaming him its blaming the defense .   a QB pushing 40 cannot win shoot outs any more look at brady with 4 pro bowlers on offense looking average . 

I feel the need to write down my thoughts so I guess I’ll do so

-Rock and Clark suck, ship them off to anywhere not named Indianapolis

-We have to stop our slow starts on D, big holes early only make it harder on Rivers

-We still need a legit stud WR, maybe Campbell?

-Frank still has some trouble with playcalling

-We need Buckner, Autry, and Castonzo back pronto. Also, JT and Kelly would be nice

-We still need to target CB in the draft, unfortunately

-Rivers should get zero blame, dude played his heart out

Last but not least

-I hate the Titans

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Raiders are losing 43-6 to Matt Ryan, any given Sunday. It could be worse. Imagine how Raiders fans feel with so much promise.

This does make me feel a little better, although now I’m depressed again because my fantasy opponent has Ryan lol

Can’t catch a break today

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Raiders are losing 43-6 to Matt Ryan, any given Sunday. It could be worse. Imagine how Raiders fans feel with so much promise.

This year has proven absolutely nothing is normal or makes sense. It’s a difficult year for everyone not named the Steelers or Chiefs...

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

-We have to stop our slow starts on D, big holes early only make it harder on Rivers

-We need Buckner, Autry, and Castonzo back pronto. Also, JT and Kelly would be nice

Last but not least

-I hate the Titans

AC has a mcl sprain he might be gone for   a month or more .  that is as bad as losing buckner

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

This does make me feel a little better, although now I’m depressed again because my fantasy opponent has Ryan lol

Can’t catch a break today

You are having a bad day all around it sounds like. I won my fantasy league the last 2 years but we didn't play this year. Our usual 12 people didn't want to do it due to Covid, etc.. It took me 5 years to finally win it all but I had Luck and Hopkins in 2018 and had Jackson last year. I was lucky.

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Last but not least

-I hate the Titans

If AC really has MCL injury, he is gone. And it sucks.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

AC has a mcl sprain he might be gone for   a month or more .  that is as bad as losing buckner

Greeeaaat

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We can’t go on with Clark. We need to do something. Either move Braden to LT and let Green play RT. Someone said Nelson played tackle some too lol.

I agree. Move Braden to LT, place Green at RT, and sub Pinter in where necessary. We simply cannot keep putting Clark out there

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

The low IQ fans will do so after every loss.

Really sucks because we got great games from Hines, Rivers, Burton, and even TY(!) but our slow start and missing players sunk us. We need our missing guys back pronto, and if we could see Campbell again sometime this year it would be nice

• Thanks 1

I am still waiting on the day when we have a consistent team who can go out and win 3 or 5 in a row. Hopefully we get this thing figured out in the future. This was just the worst game to have everything happen. We were just starting to come together. 

Unless you have a QB like Mahomes it’s hard to overcome all of the things we would of had to today.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I was referring to next year versus trading for Sam Darnold

Well, I’m sure that option will be within the range of ones in front of the staff.

I think it’s promising that they’ve rostered JE and cut ties with Kelly.  That suggests some confidence and optimism.

And maybe they’ll surprise everybody and conclude it’s the best option available.  But I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the prospect of getting Darnold.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

All Reich said was AC injury was not the worst  scenario. If it’s not bad he could come back and play Sunday with a brace because of his position.

If ravens lose to the Steelers we keep that 7th spot. If it gets cancelled a 8th team might be added.

Currently.. 6th.

I was in an area woth bad cell reception, so couldnt keep up on here. Im sure it was a blast.

My thoughts:

AC injury hurt us big time, things changrd completely after that.

TD at the end of half was huge too.

We were way under manned today, just too many big injuries and players out to overcome.

Refs did us no favors all game. Every big penalty seemed to go against us. I don't know how many times I saw the Titans players taunting our guys way after play. Not a single flag on it.

Lets be real, when your are missing your 2 best DL and another started in the front 7, coupled with your all pro center and top 10 left tackle...oh and main RB, it os hard to win.

Then couple that with Rivers not being a 100%, makes it a tough game.

Falcons did is a big favor today. Cleveland didn't look very good against Jaguars.

I still like our chances.

On to next week, hopefully we can get some guys back.

6 hours ago, coming on strong said:

6 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

If AC really has MCL injury, he is gone. And it sucks.

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

All Reich said was AC injury was not the worst  scenario. If it’s not bad he could come back and play Sunday with a brace because of his position.

Everyone is jumping to conclusions. Wait for the MRI results.  That will tell whether he needs to go on IR (I highly doubt he needs surgery on it though) or just a week or two rest and rehab. I really doubt he plays next Sunday, in any event.

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If ravens lose to the Steelers we keep that 7th spot. If it gets cancelled a 8th team might be added.

Hmmm...   Nevertheless, the Colts need to take care of their own business, short handed or not.