Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, Nov. 29, 2020, 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think I would rather lose like this than lose 31-30 on a last second FG. That is just me. Losing on a last second FG would be a gut punch.

As much as I wanted to see the Colts win, or at least be competitive, I think getting your butt kicked like this can serve as a needed reality check for coaches and players.

The Colts had huge second half play to beat the Titans a couple weeks ago and the Packers last week. The best teams in the league are not always needing great second halves to win. When you win it's easy to become complacent. I just hope that internally the team doesn't use injuries/COVID as an excuse. The execution today has been an embarrassment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

it might be the play calls the offense doesnt throw down field at all .   its under neath routes all the time then the ten yard throw down the middle with the down field pass coming only a couple times .  i wish they would juts unleash rivers to see what happens .  you cant play it safe down so many points

Reich has been awful at calling plays all year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CobraKai344 said:

I’ve never seen a secondary so bad in my life with these guy.  It’s literally pitch and catch like you’re in the backyard throwing the pigskin around with your friends 

Today it was because we have no pressure. Nothing. You can’t exprct your dB to play this well when they have to cover for a million seconds. 

1 minute ago, ar7 said:

As much as I wanted to see the Colts win, or at least be competitive, I think getting your butt kicked like this can serve as a needed reality check for coaches and players.

The Colts had huge second half play to beat the Titans a couple weeks ago and the Packers last week. The best teams in the league are not always needing great second halves to win. When you win it's easy to become complacent. I just hope that internally the team doesn't use injuries/COVID as an excuse. The execution today has been an embarrassment.

Nice add on, I was going to mention that. We needed a wake up call. I am not worried about this team as of now regarding making the playoffs. We might not win the division now unfortunately but our chances of making the playoffs are still over 50%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Agree 100% 

35 pts in a game is bad. The D allowed that in one half without one turnover /short field to defend. 

The 7 points given up before the half was as pathetic an effort as I have ever seen

Cant really blame the Offense when the D sucks the life out of the team with a half like that.

The D hasn't showed up in the 1H a lot this year. I'm happy with 2H adjustments, but you just can't be a one half D. It's really hard to win a game when you give up that many points in one half.

Our DBs sucked, all of them. Our run stopping sucked, and that shouldn't really be impacted as much by the injuries. Especially with them playing a 3rd string LT..... 

Their 3rd string LT is better than our 2nd string LT lol.. 

And I'm sure some folks will defend the D saying "we held them to XX in the 2nd half lol... 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

what you don’t like the shotgun running play up the gut that hasn’t worked all year?

Yup. Nor do I look al the motion to try and fake folks out.... Just silly. 

If you're going to run a 2pt conversion, use JB. If you're going to pass a 2pt conversion, use Rivers. 

Just now, ar7 said:

Well said. Really the inconsistent play from the D caught up with us today.

You cant give up an 17 pts, 28 pts and 35 pts (as we have in the last 3) in the 1st halves of these games and expect anything but a loss.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’d rather risk letting Eason have the reigns for a year. Dude has a cannon

OK.  But I would only do that when and if we’re eliminated.  I doubt Reich would do that even in that circumstance.  But you can’t put a bubble team’s playoff aspirations into the hands of a rookie QB with no game experience.

My only point is that I don’t think Rivers is the guy we need.  Not this year and certainly not next year.

But it’s hard, really hard (and often involves a stroke or two of sheer luck), to find a franchise quarterback in the NFL.  Realistically, there are only about 7 or 8 genuine studs playing at any one time.  And because the NFL has become such a pass oriented league, the 24ish teams that don’t have one of them are always striving to find one.