Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts, Nov. 29, 2020, 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Depends on how Eason is developing and/or if there are better options. Rivers wasn’t that much of the problem today, missing players, Rock, Clark, and the first half D were much worse

it might be the play calls the offense doesnt throw down field at all .   its under neath routes all the time then the ten yard throw down the middle with the down field pass coming only a couple times .  i wish they would juts unleash rivers to see what happens .  you cant play it safe down so many points

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if the colts miss the playoffs does anyone still want rivers back ?   i would only if they make the playoffs this year .

Only if you want a 9-7 season where the colts either don't make the playoffs or get out in the first round.

The guy can't pass downfield much anymore, but he can be a decent game manager for a talented team like this one. The problem is if you have a gunslinger who can't throw deep well anymore, you are going to run into a lot of unfortunate picks, and PR is prone to unfortunate picks in his career as is. I for one don't want the team to misuse the talent that Ballard has brought in the last few years.

Ballard has done a good job, and PR was a okay stop gap, but a move needs to be made for the next franchise QB (Unless his bets on Luck's  true replacement is Eason, which I highly doubt). Probs will be the most important decision he has had to make for the franchise.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well, our D gave up 35 in the first half... 

Makes your O pretty one dimensional.

And being one dimensional without a LT, is pretty hard.

Agree 100% 

35 pts in a game is bad. The D allowed that in one half without one turnover /short field to defend. 

The 7 points given up before the half was as pathetic an effort as I have ever seen

Cant really blame the Offense when the D sucks the life out of the team with a half like that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

I think Reich was ok going with Brissett. Starting to think he wasn’t in board the Philip train.

I think he was driving the Rivers train, but it's Reich's play calling sometimes in general ... it's mind boggling.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if the colts miss the playoffs does anyone still want rivers back ?   i would only if they make the playoffs this year .

I get the impression that the consensus view around here on this question changes from game to game.  When we win, most posters seem to think Rivers is the man for the job.  When we lose, not so much.

Personally, I haven’t been very impressed with him this year whether we’re winning or losing.  A few games in, after seeing just how immobile PR is and that his arm strength and accuracy aren’t all that great anymore, I began to feel that we’d be a better team with JB under center.  But it’s not a very popular opinion around here, especially after two big wins.

I think we probably should seek to make a change at QB in the off-season.  However, only time will tell what options CB will have.  And, obviously, that’s going to direct the decision-making.

If the Jets go first and decide to take Lawrence, I hope we go after Darnold.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

I get the impression that the consensus view around here on this question changes from game to game.  When we win, most posters seem to think Rivers is the man for the job.  When we lose, not so much.

Personally, I haven’t been very impressed with him this year whether we’re winning or losing.  A few games in, after seeing just how immobile PR is and that his arm strength and accuracy aren’t all that great anymore, I began to feel that we’d be a better team with JB under center.  But it’s not a very popular opinion around here, especially after two big wins.

I think we probably should seek to make a change at QB in the off-season.  However, only time will tell what options CB will have.  And, obviously, that’s going to direct the decision-making.

If the Jets go first and decide to take Lawrence, I hope we go after Darnold.

I’d rather risk letting Eason have the reigns for a year. Dude has a cannon

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Damn dude tell us what you really think!

Yeah....Butler is oversimplifying things....he's leveled off for a season and a half now and has been injury prone the entire time. 

He probably oughta change his name to TY Motel 6

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well, the good news, with less than 5 minute to go in the fourth, the raiders are down 3 scores as well. If that holds, that drops them to 6-5. With us at 7-4. That’s a plus

That's big, I wonder if they have some fans like we have and say they suck, fire Gruden blah blah blah. This helps us out a lot.

• Like 2